It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After several weeks visiting, I registered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Have been visiting this site the last several weeks and have found this place to be interesting, and thought provoking.

After reading this site and some of the discussions, I walk away from the computer thinking negativly. How can I help keep myself from getting "down" after reading these forums? State of the US and it's affairs, the economy, the overall world as we know it most definitely can get us all down but, does anyone here feel that we as individuals have the power to influence our destiny in a positive manner? Since the beginning of mankind, there has been conflict. Our technological advances in the last hundred years has certainly accelerated our ability to destroy everything as we know it, but has everyone forgot about the fact that the number one instinct we all have and our born with is the instinct to survive? Are any of us so significant, that it will "all" come to and end during our measly little spec of time "we" are here?

I am one who truely believes that we all have the power and influence to affect each other in a positive way. To help one another and to continue improving our way of life coexisting with each though even through our racial, cultural, and religious differences we have. Communication and education should be the forefront of our success. With that being said as I continue to read some of the forums this evening. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow and a great weekend! Get out and do something fun and enjoyable, I am.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
First and foremost, welcome to ATS.

Great intro post. You should really enjoy this place and try not to let it get you down. There can be lots of negative stuff here but there's lots of positive too. You should find lots of threads with the topics you're discussing to get involved in.

Really looking forward to reading your posts

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's like driving down the highway. You have some nice souls who let you merge easily, you have some who just don't care, and you have some who try to drive you off the road. You will find some highly intelligent people here, some critical and hi road thinking. Always take the hi road and always be polite. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If you are speaking of the distressfull nature of many topics, I have found dwelling on some of the more problamatic parts of our society can be unpleasant. global warming, corruption, war, ect..

But I also found that finding ways to be more informed help me find my own answers on society, and also helps me act in a way I find to be better for myself.

I could turn away and close my eyes, but once I have seen problems to simply ignore them makes me guilty of willfull ignorance, catch 22 there.

So I find enjoyment in engaging with the very kind crowd here, I have never been insulted, nor disrespected, and discussion seem to be very challenging and informative.

Welcome to ATS, I am fairly new here but I believe you will find the community as interesting as I have.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetersx200

Hi skeetersx200 and welcome to ATS

I hope you have a long stay here

new topics

top topics

join