It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on Tape: Police Car Slams Into Fleeing Suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
THIS IS GETTING TO BE A DAILY THING.
What if he's innocent. what happened to due process and "you are innocent until proven guilty" he could have killed that guy.

The report says that the suspect was 'allegedly wielding a knife and hit somebody in the head with a full beer can' prior to the police being called. That prolly happened, but does that mean cops can just run you down when someone alleges you're violent? There is supposed to be 'due process'...

Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...

Amendment VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

(ABC7)-SANTA ANA, Sept. 13, 2007 (KABC-TV) - A police chase in Santa Ana comes to a screeching halt as the patrol car hits a suspect then slams into a concrete fence.
The incident was all caught on tape, and now the officer's actions are being called into question.

abclocal.go.com...

Full story
abclocal.go.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
well, despite my initial reaction...

I was VERY happy to hear the kid say "I can't" when the cop told him to put the camera away. He said it a few times, "I'm sorry, I can't"

Almost as if he knew that it was the right thing to do, instead of just looking the other way. "I can't, is this illegal?"

Well done.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
man... while i was watching this... on the 4-6o'clock news.. i just seen another incident of a woman in ohio i think or idaho.. getting tazed ...no real reason for it either,the cop is about 250 pounds and the girl about 110.

what the H is going on?!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's like the other thread on the board right now abdout the elderly lady dying.

What do we expect when we give the schoolyard bully access to new toys and weapons.

IMO and I state again, it's just my opinion...COPS for the most part, are children in grown up bodies who have POWER issues.

Always gotta be in charge and will kick your BUTT with every means at their disposal if you dissagree.

Tax collectors with guns!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If these incidents of police brutality getting captured on video are increasing, is this due to:

1. The proliferation of cameras in our society?

2. Bearing the "laws of averages", are these incidents simply increasing in our society?

In my reality, this type of ship happens every day.
Now that these types of crimes are moving into main stream America from the 'ghettos', America is shocked. The American Polce have had plenty of practice, decades. They know what they are doing, and do it well 'round here. When the ghetto was up in arms about what was happening and trying to let America know what it was doing and how it would affect all of them, they heard, but didn't listen. Now that the rest of America has been put on the target list it is unfathomable. Get used to it. It's worse than it appears.

Hats off to the cat who filmed it. If he was in my 'hood, he would have caught a serious beat down, probably with his camera. Just like I did once.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How much worse can it get? Really? Video camera's are citizen tools, don't leave home without it!

top topics

join