It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to Syria: Use chem weapons & we'll wipe you off map

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think someone should wipe the biased media "off the map".

You can quote me on that and I'll confirm. No translation needed.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They said they wouldn't attack first.

It all sounds fair to me, I don't see what the problem is. Granted, it was a bit aggressively put, but it still sounds fair.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
War Of Words

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Its funny how the media keeps putting the term "wipe them off the map" in every statement that gets released. Its obvious they are trying to provoke a war somewhere.

Naw, it's just those hard-liners we have to worry about.

They're the problem, not America's walk-on-water free press that would never allow bias to influence their professional, dispassionate and utterly objective reporting.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

one of these days a nut is going to use these wmds against innocent civilians---- we need a Visitor from outer space with the same power as our friend in that old film----the day the earth stood still----instead the usa wants to or has deployed? nukes in space to counter an "alien invasion?"talk about shooting yourself in the foot!They havent destroyed us yet but They've had plenty of opportunities to in the past

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think that Israel was very close to launching a nuke against Bhagdad in
1991, but President Bush(I) convinced them that the US would destroy
Iraq's scud launch capability..which we did.

It's good to see that Israel is taking a hard line approach. Noone ever
messed with the Soviet Union (then or now) because they'll get a response
that's 100 times larger than the committed atrocity. Even something as
minor as a kidnapping doesn't happen to Russian soldiers/officials for this
reason. In a way, invading Iraq is bolstering our image as a country not
to be ____ed with. Put a diplomatic bleeding-heart President in office in
2008 and we'll be in grave danger.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by matttheratt

Like it was said, Amadinejahd has been misquoted. From what I understand, he did make those comments, but he never said it would be done by Iranian hands. I believe he says that Israel and Zionism will be destroyed, non existent, due to it's own internal conflicts, incompetence and corruption.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It is a big mess. Yet this conflict with Israel goes back thousands of years. The hebrews conquered a lot of arab nations/states to claim the land around the time between 1700-1500 BC (much like the US did with it's original residents). In fact I'm sure thats how many nations have claimed land as there own -- occupation. It's one thing to defeat another nation/people, it's another to take/occupy the land --history is full of it. The Israelites occupied land eastward to the Euphrates, northward occupying all of what is now Syria, southword to the gulf, westword into eastern Egypt. That land has since been lost. Yet they still occupy, and govern the land they are now in (or should i say, have re-occupied many times over through history).

If the United States did not occupy the United States, American's would have a funny accent and would be taking tea breaks continually throughout the day...
j/k....not really.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Sorry, just wanted to quote you on that.

I'm with you there, the media certainly gives you only a picture of what they want to show and tell.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

"A diplomatic bleeding-heart president". Very nicely put. Or more simply put a big-sallie, no brass, no backbone, etc etc.

We are certainly in an age with a "war of words." We need a president that can focus on the home front, defend the home front and it's borders, avoid affairs that are not our own, yet still stand against the irrational, and foolish.

A fool is certainly one who publically calls for the flat out destruction of any people or land. And the world wonders why we're giving such an one so much attention. Please!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeronautical7

Sorry, just wanted to quote you on that.

I'm with you there, the media certainly gives you only a picture of what they want to show and tell.

I got rid of my Cable TV in 2004 because of the sickening media and
commercial bombardment. If there's a crises, I'll pull up the rabbit
ears, blow the dust of the TV and turn it on, but that's the only time..
which is very rare. It feels damn good knowing that Nielsen can't
count me as a viewer when selling their statistics to advertisers!

-cwm

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Good one. But I think wiping them off the map is a bit excessive, though.

How about "Balkanize" it since the main stream media has basically become a virtual monopoly, with News Corp. buying up everything, including learning channels like Discovery, National Geographic, History Channel, and many more...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls
reply to post by matttheratt

Like it was said, Amadinejahd has been misquoted. From what I understand, he did make those comments, but he never said it would be done by Iranian hands. I believe he says that Israel and Zionism will be destroyed, non existent, due to it's own internal conflicts, incompetence and corruption.

It always amazes me how far some folks will bend over backwards to support Amadinejahd. Now it's OK he said all that, but he didn't mean Iran would do it. Give us all a break. Unless you know exactly who else Amadinejahd thinks is going to take care of his Israel problem for him.

Might be time for me to post the definition of "sycophant" again ...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Interesting article here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is preparing Syria to cover his flank, should war break out between Israel and Iran over Tehran's nuclear arsenal. Ahmadinejad is evidently gambling on Syria taking out Israel while Iran squares off against the United States. Were Iran and Israel to face each other head-to-head, one or the other would inevitably cease to exist. Israel would have no choice but to annihilate Iran before Iran annihilated Israel.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

But Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (does this guy have a middle name too? Is it Muhammed?) is a good guy. His comments against Israel were really of the friendly nature.

For instance: "Israel must be wiped off the map …" What he really meant to say is...um...uh...

Let me try another: "Israel is a rotten, dried tree that will be annihilated in one storm." Ok.. here he meant that ...um...uh...

Yeaaaaahhh.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Indeed wiping the MSM "off the map" is going a little overboard. There's always going to be objective reporting and also networks to oppose other networks views and motives.

But, with corporate agendas in constant motion in this country I think the greatest overlooked tool we have at our disposal is the very tool that some of us use day to day to keep ourselves objectively informed. The internet. There's currently legislation to regulate the internet that could be used to abuse and censor sites that might not be in line with corporate media's agenda.

We've got to keep fighting against such regulations. Much like the mis-interpretation of Iran's President's words and just like the October 2006 Newsweek issue: we can't let other people's agendas influence the news that we receive.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatblissguy
reply to post by Terrapop

I wish someone would wipe Israel off the map. At least then there wouldnt be much to fight with the Arabs over. Its their land anyways. The Camp David accords signed SEPTEMBER 17, 1978 only made things worse for us. And when the Brits carved up all that land of Persia, Assyria, and Arabia up over there arbitrarily, and created the State of Israel(in what WAS Palestine), thats what started all this. Give them back their land we and Israel are occupying. Then all of this will go away! Dont you people get it!

[edit on 21-9-2007 by thatblissguy]

How naive ...

First, Israel existed in that territory for thousands of years before the Romans and then the muslims conquered them. Guess the Israelis just look at it like they're getting their original homeland back. Say, but isn't that the same argument the so-called "palestinians" use? That some of you are so eager to give them a pass on?

Last, we're not fighting arabs. We're fighting against radical muslims, who are not all arabs. And these radical muslims don't hate us just because of Israel, they hate us because they think out way of life is wrong. They want to convert us to islam or kill us - only two possibilities for them.

So, hopefully you can now understand that removing Israel only removes one of their issues with the Western world.

Schools over for you, time for your recess ...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
SO Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map regardless, but Israel said it will wipe Syria off the map ONLY if it were attacked with WMDs. Hmm...this doesnt sound like an equivalent situation if you ask me.

The Arabs just need to get over the fact that Israel is occupying its own land from over 2,000 years ago and now they are back and they arent going anywhere.

I wish Iran would do something stupid so that pathetic regime would be eliminated. I hope Mr. Ahkmajob is the first one to be vaporized and i hope Tehran turns into the loveliest piece of glass you've ever laid your eyes on. Its going to happen and i cant wait!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatblissguy
reply to post by Terrapop

I wish someone would wipe Israel off the map. At least then there wouldnt be much to fight with the Arabs over. Its their land anyways. The Camp David accords signed SEPTEMBER 17, 1978 only made things worse for us. And when the Brits carved up all that land of Persia, Assyria, and Arabia up over there arbitrarily, and created the State of Israel(in what WAS Palestine), thats what started all this. Give them back their land we and Israel are occupying. Then all of this will go away! Dont you people get it!

[edit on 21-9-2007 by thatblissguy]

Thanks for the statement & history lesson -- yuk. All the mid-eastern states should remain ON the Map. I feel putting the whole area under Israeli Governmental control might strengthen relationships in the region; control wmd and handcuff terrorists being bread to hate and later act on the perpetuated hate teaching and nurturing.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
When I saw the title to this thread, I asked myself how many posts before someone brings the biblical prophesy nonsense into it. Sure enough, 6 posts down and WAA-LAA.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
if Israel existed thousands of years on that territory, then don't the Native American Indians have the right to reclaim all of THEIR land back? And if they threatened to use the force necessary, the rest of the world should support them against u.s.a. right?

Maybe the Iranian leader meant his G-d would deal the blow ... you know, religious people count of G-d, pray to G-d ... I guess you can't think about it that way, huh? Doesn't suit your anti-brown-skin agenda?

And are some of you trying to say that someone who preaches peace is a bad thing for the world? You are sick if you think so. So, Martin Luther King Jr. wouldn't make a great president? Someone who made peaceful protest and changed the country by his words and STRENGTH of character, not by being a bully. See how much a bleeding-heart can accomplish? If not, you have a twisted view of the world.

If we have a disagreement, will pointing an oozi at you change how you feel inside? Or will rational talks from the heart do more? If that oozi didn't work, will burning your yard to prove I am serious make you comply? Or will you just get more angry and think about retaliating, regardless of the napalm and .50 caliber my brother and sister are holding on the sides of your house?

You see, fear, bullying only go so far ... until the people who are having this used against them are sick of it and are willing to fight against any odds to defend themselves and their rights. The American people, if things continue, will have to do this against their own government and police 'force' ... but remember, Iran is a democratic country of free people. You have been blinding by media and propaganda. Are they perfect? No. But take a look in the mirror once in a while and see the evil and atrocities your own country has committed before you point fingers.

We need someone like JFK, MLK Jr, I would take a Ghandi or a Mother Teresa. Please, anyone but a war mongering, hate spewing, profiteering, safe in a bunker jerk.

If you want someone who has a strong backbone ... then they better be putting themselves out there on the line. How in the world can they call themselves commander in chief, if they never faught in a war, will never go to the front line, in fact, they stay as far away and protected from any action as possible, while they sentence their fellow citizens to commit war crimes and risk their health and life for false causes.

But you believe what you want, because, for this moment, that is still your right. Don't complain when you are told what to believe and it disagrees with you, you don't have a problem with it now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join