It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Radio Hypes Terror Alerts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This past holiday, is began to occur to me just how many times we received news of terror alerts just on the radio alone.

Our Southern California talk- radio outlet KFI AM, regularly has interruptions every fifteen minutes for Fox News news, traffic and weather.

The degree to which the average citizen has been exposed to these constant barrages of hysteria, paranoia and fear-mongering regarding the 'possibility' of a terror threat have reached unprecented levels.

Every fifteen minutes the average listener must be reminded of the hightened alert status, the airports, the police presence, etc.

And we have been listening to these for years. Everytime a 'suspected' bomb is found anywhere- in a mall, in a parking lot, or someone acts funny in an airport, we get this propaganda-pounding fear alert, before anything has happened or been investigated.
And more times than not, as we know, its simply is nothing.

We all know Fox News supports the Bush agenda, and we all know that, that agenda is the War on Terror. But really, it has been failry constant and not just around the holidays that this has happened.

Is it time to send the message to the U.S. government that we will not tolerate this hysteria until something has really happened?

Should we send the message to Fox News to stop shamelessly promoting the Republican agenda at the expense of Americans and their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

After all, 'liberty' would include no government intrusion on the airwaves condemning us to a miserable, fear paralyzed existence under a psychically oppressive regime, would it not?

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by darkwraith]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I completely agree with you, darkwraith. Every time I tuned in to Fox, they had that Terror Alert High message up in the corner of the screen. I am one of those who thinks that our government is exaggerating the terrorist threat to our country. Unfortunatly, there isn't much that we can do about it because people with our views are the minority.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
TEH FOX IS UBER BAD AND TEH MSNBC AND CNN SHALL RULETH THE NEWS WARS!

BILL O'REILLY = SATAN!

**Whoa.** Ok, back to reality... thats how I get when I talk about FOX. I like MSNBC, personally.

"UBER BAD"... WTF...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maerlyn
I completely agree with you, darkwraith. Every time I tuned in to Fox, they had that Terror Alert High message up in the corner of the screen. I am one of those who thinks that our government is exaggerating the terrorist threat to our country. Unfortunatly, there isn't much that we can do about it because people with our views are the minority.

Why are they doing this? The Bush administration already got a name with all the stuff that is going on especially 911 and how unprepared U.S. was.

I guess Bush realized there is bound to be another attack somewhere on U.S. soil no matter what they do to prevent it. By putting terror alert always at high, they can at least argue that they tried their best to prevent the attack

If it wasn't at high alert and another terror attack happened, Bush won't be elected again for sure, not that he has any chance now anyway. By doing this he is increasing his chance of getting more votes.

Make sense? Please Say Yes.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They're keeping you Yanks in fear so they can control your lives and make it seem like they're doing it for your protection... Your goverment keep increasing security laws and regulations yet there hasnt been any attacks on your soil for over 2 years... the fear level will slowly increase so that if another attack happens (or souhld i say when another attack happens) they can blast you with martial law before you can say 'freedom'... i live in australia and hopefully we'll never get to that level of totalitarianism

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
UH- thats easy, CHANGE the channel !

Unless of course "they" have taken you over.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Can you imagine what our government would do if there were another major terrorist attack on US soil? They would use it as an excuse to expand their power even further. Someday our government is going to go too far, if it hasn't already.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Can you imagine what our government would do if there were another major terrorist attack on US soil? They would use it as an excuse to expand their power even further. Someday our government is going to go too far, if it hasn't already.

If there is a another attack on U.S. soil, Bush can kiss goodbye White House.

If the attack happens in the starting of next term, something close to Marshall Law would be installed.

I don't think the gov't can go very far, until there are people like those on ATS, who constantly critize the gov't, it can never go too far.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

HA!...they would start gyrating like the tazmanian devil trying to eat the road runner....sound effects and all...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
UH- thats easy, CHANGE the channel !

Unless of course "they" have taken you over.

But I got to listen to Art Bell. And Fox News broadcasts every fifteen minutes on that channel!

top topics

join