It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measure Condemning Liberal Group for Criticizing Military Commander in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Source
Senate OKs Cornyn's anti-MoveOn.org bill
WASHINGTON — Sen. John Cornyn won approval Thursday of a measure condemning a liberal group for criticizing the top military commander in Iraq — a measure similar to the one Cornyn was rebuffed for last week.

The Senate voted 72-25 to attach Cornyn's amendment criticizing MoveOn.org to the defense authorization bill.

Cornyn failed to get a similar amendment into the transportation and housing spending bill last week because it was ruled not germane to that bill.

"I can't believe that any member of this Senate would vote against this amendment which condemns this character assassination," Cornyn said from the Senate floor.

Earlier, President Bush had called MoveOn.org's full-page ad critical of Gen. David Petraeus disgusting. The ad ran in the New York Times Sept. 10 with the boldface headline: "General Petraeus or General Betray Us?"

Democrats failed in their attempt to counter Cornyn's amendment with their own.

Their version condemned the MoveOn.org ad and criticism of John Kerry by the Swift Boat Veterans, a group that received financing from Houston homebuilder Bob Perry during the 2004 presidential campaign.

The Democrats' amendment also criticized an ad run by Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss, a Republican, in a bitter 2002 race against former Sen. Max Cleland, a Democrat. Cleland lost three limbs in Vietnam. Chambliss' ad criticized Cleland's commitment to national security.

Not really alot to say about this news, only this...
Does the honorable US Senate not have better things to do with their time and our money than to set around writing and passing bills that effectively condemn free speech?
We don't pay you hobnobbing empowered parasites to waste time and money on crap like this. With the time and money it took to pass this ridiculousness, you guys could have fixed some potholes, bought some school books, impeached some criminals, you know something that actually helps the people who pay your fat arses.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My friend if this is not an eye opening to what this government we have is trying to do to our constitutional rights and freed speech not matter if is Democrat or Republican then I guess we are wasting our time trying to deny Ignorance.

I am just speechless how politics are use for political gain and for politicians to cover the bony arses.

join