It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visited by the devil?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

You are a true inspiration. I find myself doing exactly what you tried. Opening mind yet trying to prove the ultimate fakery. Religion, Demons, Spirits, God, bible, etc.

Just a big wow.

I even have gone as far as taping, trying to summon a demon, albeit I am far from a conjurer.
. My open challenge has still proved fruitless. Show me the proof. Nobody seems to take it for what "it" is. Fakery, and a lack of belief in oneself. Ponder this my friend, why is 80% of the world, believers in reilgion? Brain wash or mass delusion, control of the masses in a time where we didn't know S, or perhaps the best one yet, weak minded? ? Perhaps believing in the the only thing that is comfortable [god] as opposed to croaking and either A, rotting in the ground, or B, burning by fire with only ash to be used in some form.

Makes one wonder,

All the best,

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

The problem is, my mother is not religious at all. No atheist, but not into church. She did not tell anyone about this, until after my experience. My fathers side of the family is the ones who made me go to church.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by jhill76]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
See here. That's just it. I did not HUNT, stuff happened in an otherwise suburbian regular life.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Wow, tried Buddhism, tried witchcraft. Now I know why I am so freaked by your posts. You are a very conflicted individual and I find it very uncomfortable even reading your thoughts. I hope you find your peace in the universe with the nightlite on. God Bless, or Einstein bless, your choice.
I'd go see somebody, I really would. Best of luck with that.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Whom are you referring to?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The MajorMalfunction jhill, he has freaked me out from the getgo. Could be me. Probably so.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Seriously, I think he is a she, from the other posts on the atheist chat page. For some reason I thought she had some valid points. What scared you the most?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The lack of understanding of paranormal experience so many are afraid to relate just because there are these sorts ready to disembowel them for their beliefs.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't say scared, more nauseus would be more fitting.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

There is literally no evidence whatsoever for the existence of anything or anyone called the devil. It's all just stuff to keep people on the straight and narrow, instead of allowing them to be moral all on their own.

I have had personal experiances that give me plenty of evidence. Just because you have not, or did not see your experiances in the same way does not mean it does not exist.

Most of what we call evidence is a choice of which source we choose to believe. I know Kiev in Russia exist because I read about it and saw pictures. I know Kansas exist because I have been there. One is experiance one is trust of sources.

I know Demons and Angels exist because I have had personal experiances. You believe they do not because that is what you have been told and chose to believe, and have no experiances to counter that.

Existance must also be defined, something truely only exist if it has some impact or influence on a persons thinking or actions. Aliens on planet X might exist, but because they do not effect me in anyway they do not exist for me.

If you disagree with this I claim multiple parallel demensions exist and all possible combinations exist in the near infinate amount of those dimensions. Therefore all things exist, and all combinations causing events have happened and will happen over and over an almost infinate amount of times .

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It has been said that devil's greatest trick was to convince human kind that he does not exist. And I very much believe that to be true.
I'm sure all the atheists will want to flame me for that statement but whatever.

I will tell you what I know about the devil. First of all...he is not a man in a red suit with horns, pointy tail, and a pitch fork.
The Bible tells us that the devil appears as an angel of light. He is deceptive and tricky. He is evil..but he disguises himself as good. That is the nature of deception...and deception is the devil's game. And he thrives on fear.

However, we don't need to have any fear of the devil and his minions. Jesus said that if we resist the devil, he will run from us.

Always remember that fear is the opposite of faith. If we have faith in God, and live our lives according to the teachings of Christ then we will act in love. Perfect love drives out fear.

Okay atheists, go ahead and flame me now...you know you want to.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

Yes, so many people think the Devil is some monster with horns. Only few people that I have come encountered with, say that he is a being in which he is pretty, handsome, or whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Kill religion...kill it all

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I would guess that elvators feature regularly in your daily life.

Also I would guess that you are an athiest or non-comittal inre religion.

The Devil you saw was opportunity reaching it's ahnd toward humanity, there is no good nor evil in opportunity or =potential= G&E are in the application.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
It has been said that devil's greatest trick was to convince human kind that he does not exist. And I very much believe that to be true.

WHAT IF-

We created science ourselves through millions of years of evolution like MM suggested. We've learned to use this tool to explain away events that were previously thought to be supernatural occurrences, and have slowly lost our faith as a result.

OR

The Devil created science as a means to allow people to explain away said events, let go of their faith in God, and therefore belief in himself in the process. What a great way to get people to believe he/she doesn't exist!

Just some thoughts I ponder on the subject occasionally. . . Good topic!

( Even though we may be derailing the OP's initial intent of this thread. Sorry- )

2PacSade-

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Your account is very similar (kind of) to a short story I wrote earlier in the year. Check this out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My story is purely fiction though. Although it could have been based off of your account.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hey jhill76, I can see where you're coming from. I'd met the devil, it was not fun. Reading your post, I have reason to believe its accurate in comparison. Welcome to ATS, land of "that never happened, you're on drugs/hallucinating/wishful thinking/whatever". One cannot validate your experience unless they've been through something similar. Otherwise they're taking wild guesses.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

First, I'm a she.

Second, why be scared -- I openly sought to find evidence of the supernatural AND FOUND NONE. At first you said I should have an open mind, and when I told you HOW open my mind was, you freaked out.

In my vast experience -- including a class in college that was run by the local historian that explored "haunted Ventura" (and in which I found ... nothing, even with midnight visits to Cemetery Park and a taping session late at night on a haunted creek bank) -- there is no supernatural.

If I clung to primitive beliefs in sky fairies and ghosties and things that go bump in the night after a lifetime of seeking and actual experimentation, then I would be a fool and not worthy of the brain I was given by nature.

There's enough to fear, and to inspire, in nature, without adding a bunch of boogeymen on top of it.

Hear me, Satan? I don't believe in you -- now come do something to this thread, to prove me wrong. Like put a big pentagram at the bottom of the page.

See? No devil.

I feel sad for people who are still stuck in the Dark Ages of the mind. The future is bright, it will be here when you're ready to join it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Personal experiences are not objective evidence because the mind -- the reptile brain -- plays tricks on the neocortex all the time.

Unless your experiences happened in laboratory conditions under observation and were recorded, then they mean nothing, except that something happened that you cannot explain so you chose to think it's the supernatural.

I've "seen" shadow people, I've had sleep paralysis episodes, I even thought I saw ghosts a couple of times. Not a thing that happened to me cannot be explained by natural means.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Don't let these people tell you that you shouldn't have faith and disrespect your views, and say "No this didnt happen, let me explain what actually happened" even though its your life and you live it only.

I can't stand that when people do that, its as bad as a christian trying to convert a non-christian, it just inflames them! Well telling someone not to think in a religous/faith mindset is the same thing!

Err..

In short, if you feel that thinking this way is wrong, that is your opinion and it can be kept to ones self. You'll never befriend the faithful ever by telling them this sort of thing, it makes them angry usually.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by runetang]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join