It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Invisibility?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I had read something about this randomly somewhere. This just happened to me about 5 minutes ago.

Im moving with my boyfriend into a new house and we are in the process of packing. In the past, I had luck at gas stations and Starbucks for free boxes. So I went to one gas station and they said they didnt have any right now.
I went across the street to the next gas station. I walked in and went right up to the counter.
Out of courtesy, I dont usually just start talking to the clerk I wait until they say 'can I help you' or whatever.
So Im standing there (there are two clerks) and a woman comes in, walks in front of me, and buys gas and walks out. So now Im like "Umm" and I look at the clerk woman. Shes looking down at the desk reading.
So then a guy comes in and buys a soda and walks out. Meanwhile I am standing at the counter, with my hands on the counter.
So finally I say "Uh. Hi. Um. Im moving so I was wondering if you have any boxes?"
I got completely ignored. After about 20 seconds, the woman looked up kind of in my direction and looked back down at her paper.

I wait another 20 seconds, just looking around, thinking 'wtf?' and she finally looks over to the other guy and said something like "That big wall" and I said "Ok, nevermind" and walked out.

What the crap? It made me feel like no one could even see me. Im not a little person or whatever, Im a 20something in a tank and jeans with a tattoo on my arm.

This ever happen to anyone?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe they filmed a hidden camera show there?
Nice story anyway. Try to make more noise next time and they get a nice poltergeist experience

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dang I hope it wasnt a hidden camera show. Im filthy from packing and dont have any makeup on. I dont want to be on TV like that.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i don't know, if it was a tv show you'd probable be warned afterwards.....

did you ever had visions or other spiritual experiences when you where youngh? Or recent?

Greetz,

PureET

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I've done it before. I can't remember any other time but this time but my sister came over and I was sitting in a chair and she comes up the steps it was I think my mom, dad and maybe somebody else. Anyway she walked in and started talking to people and about 10 seconds later she goes oh I didn't see you there. I wish I could pick and choose when I can do it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I can relate to this
Eighteen months ago I took a long ride to York in England.
On my arrival I parked up the motorbike, placed my leathers in the rear topbox and set out (suitably dressed in chinos and sweatshirt) to the nearest cafe. A sign posted on the wall asked customers to secure a table and await the attention of a waitress.
Considering the amount of customers seated the waitresses appeared to be quite swift on taking orders and returning with customers food.
After patiently waiting and raising a hand countless times I still did not get any acknowlegement from the staff.
1 hour and 20 minutes had passed and I took a hike to a local public house that served food - no problem here!
I never could fathom the reason why I was invisible.
I hope no tips were awarded to staff that day.
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yes..It did happen to me before...not sure why...
I was at a fast food restaurant when exactly the same thing happened to me... Here is what I did...
Walked right up to the counter..putting my face as close to the person as I could, while leaning over the counter...and SLAMMED my fist down in front of them.They snapped out of their daze pretty quick.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That has happened to me many times. I don't think I turn invisible though...I think I just encounter very rude people.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I get stuff like that a lot. It's weird. I get two extremes. Either people will stare at me like I'm some kind of freak (and I appear to be the average person - I don't dress oddly or anything), or they ignore me completely.

Sometimes if I'm at the store and someone's in my way, I'll have to say "excuse me" several times before they'll even notice I'm there. Sometimes I get no response at all, and end up going the long way instead. It really sucks.

Also, when I'm at work, sometimes I'll stand there and wait for someone to move out of my way, and they won't even notice me, even if I'm right there in front of them. It's odd.

But the gas station incident... wow. It hasn't happened yet, but that does sound like something that would happen to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It happens to me ALL the time. It is most notable in restaurants. I will be completely "invisible". The longest I ever waited was an hour and a half (just to see how long it would take me to get noticed. I left without being noticed.) If anyone sits with me, they too become "invisible". If they get up and move to another table, someone will come over in just a few moments.

Very weird.

new topics

top topics

join