It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golf Anti-Doping Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is an excellent move by the PGA. Doping may be limited in golf, but the use of performance enhancing drug use destroys the integrity of any sport and golf should remain above that.

Golf finally joined other major sports Thursday when its leading organizations announced an anti-doping policy that will begin in 2008.

PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem, who also serves as chairman of the World Golf Foundation, said the policy includes a list of banned substances, and methods for each golf organization to carry them out.

The list of banned substances includes anabolic agents, hormones, stimulants, narcotics, beta blockers and masking agents. Golf did not adopt the World Anti-Doping Association list because Finchem said it would cause an additional administrative burden and "we do not consider the substances in any way impactful as a performance enhancement."

/2goelh

Gary Player Says Steroid Use Has Come to Golf

[edit on 2007/9/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Tiger Woods has spoken out about doping in golf.

"Given our reputation in our sport, how honorable our sport is and always has been and will continue to be, I think that the penalty has got to be somewhat significant," Woods said in a conference call to announce the field for his Target World Challenge.

"I think it would be very disappointing if it did happen," he said. "I think that person's reputation would be obviously damaged pretty significantly."

sports.espn.go.com...

Woods could have been a bit less vague in my opinion.

I'm new to golf and my progress is slow, but one thing that stands out in my study of the game is that golf is a game of honor and self-regulation.

Anyone who breaks the code of honor that has been so integral to the game for so long should in my humble opinion be banned from the game.

[edit on 2007/9/25 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

join