It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ever hear of the XYYY genotype? It's fairly fair, and it also predisposes people to fairly violent...as well as ups the odds of a number of 'interesting' mental illnesses, such as sociopathy.

DE

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ever hear of the XYYY genotype? It's fairly fair, and it also predisposes people to fairly violent...as well as ups the odds of a number of 'interesting' mental illnesses, such as sociopathy.

could you provide us with a link?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this thread makes me think of halo and the x-files episode. but super soldiers .........hmmmmmmm welll i doubt they exist now but in the future if we have aa huge world war we would be stupid and draft instead of taking crimianls first,then we would take criminals, then we would look for orphans or homeless kids and perform crazy mengela surgery, drug enhancement and intense training to make super soldiers.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From birth makes a lot more sense than just training them after recruitment. Why? Because at a young age, humans are more open and more gullible. If an adult, smarter and more mentally stable, tells a young child that they are to follow the adult, no matter what, the child is more likely to at a young age, as opposed to a young adult.

That is why you train from birth. Easier to get them fully dedicated to your cause without a hope of betrayal.

-wD

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
then you have the MKULTRA trials and the invention of lsd, and you have the conspiracy of missing children.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
it would look kind strange a whole bunch of childer dissapearing at once.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The way that the trend of warfare is heading is that more and more the human element of conflict is being removed. Armies of clones still present huge political issues since people will argue that a loss of a life is a loss of a life cloned or not. The most viable political solution to armed conflict is by depending on technology as much you can to limit friendly causualties. The ideal political solution which is decades if not a century down the road is fully automated combat where machines fight wars. This of course raises the issue of the Terminator scenario. In my openion look for better armed and armored soldiers capable of fighting in urban enviroments. Open field combat will eventualy become a thing of the past and to some extent already has because of the tremendous firepower that could be brought down upon a large massed and un concealed force. The soldier of the future will be man infused with technology who is well armed and armored and most proficient in small tactical warefare in urban and remote enviroments.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lol Warhammer 40k, yes something like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What if you began enhancing with chemicals and stuff before birth. Back in the pre-civil war days slave owners sometimes would breed slaves with the strongest or most loyal adults. Pretty sick but often it worked very nicely for the slave owner. But has any one figured that a teenager would be perfect for this role. Still growing still learning but has experiance out side of military bases. This could become a very useful thing when creating super soldiers for espionage and urban warfare.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
BAE Systems created adaptive optical camouflage that has the ability to block and change thermal images essentially making armored vehicles, aircraft invisible. Optical camo BDU that bends light is a reality as well as exo skelital Systems currently being tested by Army. These systems are in use now, Super Soldiers that are invisible in low light with exo skelital super strength. Army testing can be found on you tube easy enough. Keep an eye on BAE Systems- top military contractor leading the world in so much tech such as mass optical identification used in european airports already. Nato training in US is alive and well, wont be American troops we will face so be prepaired, this is coming very soon. God bless the U.S.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
YOU don't NEED them. WE have Americans who already ARE.
I'VE MET A FEW.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think this could be possible in future years but for the next decade or so I don't it. ( but I'm still hoping for captain America!)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They exist, they don't tell secrets!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I know of operators who have undergone forms of attempted biological enhancements through use of likely pharmaceutical application. There always appears to be a trade off with adverse side effects. Especially once they no longer take what's required to sustain such chemical alterations.

As prior posts mentioned, upgrading the applicable tech to the modern soldiers is more likely to go further. If someone can design an effective exoskeleton with some minimal armour and enhanced manoeuvrability. At the very least it can enhance the tactics applied in all combat situations. It all boils down to production cost.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrJingles
When I think of the current military soldiers and the elite soldiers I can't help wondering when they will not be enough. When will we have "super soldiers"? Soldiers trained at birth. Do you think such a thing would ever happen, if not already has?

I think it is an interesting subject, I came up with it when I was playing Halo.

December 15, 1980 JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) was formed. This was the beginning of the enhancement and refinement of the "super soldier". Not in the Hollywood context you are thinking. Rangers, Delta, SEALs, Special Forces, etc. who are a part of JSOC all have specific mission profiles pursuant to their realm of expertise. JSOC was the first central command designed to oversee all special operations and bring together the different branches specially trained forces into a cohesive command. It is impossible to have any one soldier be a "super soldier" as it involves too much training. Soldiers would spend most of their military careers in training and never see the field to provide strategic value. They all serve a very specific purpose for what ever a particular mission profile is. Ironically, without the regular military forces, JSOC would be inoperable. In order to project force from a geographic region you have to control the ground and air. Therefore the "regular" troops from the Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy are all a necessary components to mission success. SEALs may gather intel or may clear a path for an invading army such as what the early day SEALs (they were called Frog Men then) did during the Invasion of Normandy. The Frog Men cleared 3 access points onto the beach head covered in German mines so the direct action force of the US Army could invade and control the region.

Regardless if there are soldiers who are trained at higher levels (Rangers, Delta, SEALs etc.) versus troops who are trained at traditional levels they share a symbiotic relationship ensuring each other's success. Therefore I would argue the true definition of a "super soldier" lies not within the capabilities of a single individual but rather within the combined capabilities and violence of action of a well trained and highly disciplined army.

edit on 6-3-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Darpa.. metabolically enhanced soldiers... Rinat Neurocience's pain vaccines... IPTO.. oak ridge...

Yeah, there are super soldiers/operators and they arent just running nootropics and Provigil anymore.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Genetically engineered

Completely grown in a lab. DNA constructed one protien at a time. Built to whatever 'specifications' a buyer can ask for. The 'super soldier' won't likely be human, it'll be some Star Wars sh#t. Engineered for field combat and invasion of foriegn lands.

Trained, with a capital 'T'. No other society is known to them apart from a combative one. Grown in a lab.

More robust organs, higher resistance to bacteria and viruses. Maybe a heavier upper rib section, even webbed, to protect the vitals a bit more. Heavier skin to go with it and, of course, vastly increased muscle mass and heart size.

Thick, thick skulls.

Taller. Bigger. Limbs and joints in different proportions for added strength and leverage, like an ape. Carapace exoskeleton, like a beetle has, for high resistance to knives and stabbing weapons. Even small arms fire. Tails, gotta have tails. Big ones they can balance on with both feet off the ground like a kangaroo. Spiked of course.
Smart like a human and gotta have hands like ours so it can operate 200lb belt fed .30 caliber miniguns and still hiff grenades and punch people out while it's tearing through battlefields with 800 of its mates screamin' "yeeeaaahhh!!!" Jumpin over 12 foot fences and crashing through walls like a car while humans provide aerial cover with Warthogs and Apaches.

Super - Soldier

F##k Van Damm!!
edit on 7 3 2017 by Breakthestreak because: Ye

edit on 7 3 2017 by Breakthestreak because: syke

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrJingles
When I think of the current military soldiers and the elite soldiers I can't help wondering when they will not be enough. When will we have "super soldiers"? Soldiers trained at birth. Do you think such a thing would ever happen, if not already has?

I think it is an interesting subject, I came up with it when I was playing Halo.

Ever played Call of Duty? You die like 10 seconds after running out of your spawn point and it's completely random.

What would be a better investment -- spending $10M on training some guy from birth for 18 years, or spending $10M on 50 guys at age 18? Duh. You simply don't invest that much time and money on one guy who's success and life can come down to random odds.
edit on 3/7/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join