It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barking kitty?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As I hadn't been feeling well in the last few days, I decided to roam about youtube to entertain myself. They say laughter is the best medicine!

I know the title is:"Barking kitty?" and the vid says that as well, but I don't know...sounds more like chirping or something else; but funny as hell none the less!

I wonder why cats do these things?

P.S. My cat Oliver goes buzzlistic when anyone sneezes and makes noises like the kitty in the video

Down right retarded! Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have a cat that doesn't make any sounds at all. He purrs alot, and pukes on my rugs all the time, but other than that doesn't make a sound. In the many years he's been a lombozo family member, I think I've only heard his voice once, and that was when I accidentally stepped on his tail.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That cat is chittering. They do that when they see prey, to one degree or another. I don't know why they make the sound, but the jaw motions are actually the ones they make when they do a killing bite on a small animal's vertebrae.

I love it when they chitter. It's such a cute noise -- even if it means they're a killer of rodents and small birds.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Agreed. The cat is probably looking at a bird. I have two cats and they do the same thing when they see what they believe to be lunch. It's cheep entertainment. (Bad pun intended)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Oh by FSM you did not make a cheep pun.

My brain hurts!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Oh thanks for such a cute video. You made my whole family laugh.

I loved it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Whahaaa... Smart, funny cat trying to sound like a bird. Priceless.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
awww thats too cute! Made me giggle even though Im having a bad day! thank you!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm glad you all like the vid. It sure perked me up this morning.

Hubby walked into the living room earlier this morning and wanted to know why I was giggling.

Then I let him watch it. It got a rise out of him...lolol

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
The cat is probably looking at a bird.

Absolutely, most likely a bird, or possibly even a squirrel.

Cats rock! Great video.

If you have a Siamese you'll find that they chatter all the time, even when prey's not around. All I have to do is sniff and my Siamese goes crazy!

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Hubby walked into the living room
Then I let him watch it. It got a rise out of him...lolol

Hmm,....Dr. Love, care to comment on that? Sounds like your area of specialty.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
well, as the duckster would know i would usually say "shoot it!" or something along those lines, but awwww....

Roswell.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If you have a Siamese you'll find that they chatter all the time, even when prey's not around. All I have to do is sniff and my Siamese goes crazy!

Siamese cats are very vocal. I used to "chat" with my Siamese all the time. The cat would look at me as I entered the room and go "Ngeow". I'd meow back, and then he'd "ngeow" back, and this thing would go on back and forth for sometimes 15 minutes.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Hubby walked into the living room
Then I let him watch it. It got a rise out of him...

Yes........yes........keep going..........don't stop........!

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Is that for real? I've heard cats do some funny sounds but never quite like that. Cats are too cool

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

OHHH God....how do I respond to this one...ummm..(careful ducky..kiddies watching...) lololol snort laughing now..

Is there a doctor in the house? Are we rising to the occasion?
(smacking my typing fingers now...BAD DUCKY...BAD GIRL)

I used to have Siamese cats. Lilac, Sealpoint, Chocolate. I miss the beautiful blue eyes they had. Just georgous!

Vocal? Holy moly?!?! They'd talk my arse off first thing in the morning. Of course they wanted to be fed, but the long drawling meowings were so unique. I had a male and female (got them fixed earlier on) and I could always tell who was calling out after awhile. Sebatien, the male, obviously had a deeper 'drawl' than Semoa.

I remember them sitting by a window and the 'jaw-clacking' or 'chittering' sound as MM said, would happen when something caught my cats interest.

When I first saw that, I thought my cats were spazzing out big time. Then I started laughing so hard, but alas, I broke the concentration of the cats when they looked at me. "Dang!" There goes my entertainment I thought.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

Yes it is quite real!

The degrees of sounds that come out of cats is something else.

When they chitter away, I picture them trying to tell me a story of what's going on - like a 'fast forward' kitty gibberish.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Aren't they beautiful beach? They're probably the most vocal of any cat that I ever came across. I read up on them long ago, that they were used to guard gates in Siam? I wonder if they were as 'vicious' as they were trained to be. Any pet will be what they are, depending on the owners interaction. In my case, my 'sucky' cat Oliver is the epitome of Suckiness!

I have GOT to get a 1/2 decent cam and record kitty doing his chitterings!
Also, you guys have to see him 'freaking out' when anybody sneezes.

rEtArDeD!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I remember them sitting by a window and the 'jaw-clacking' or 'chittering' sound as MM said, would happen when something caught my cats interest.

My Siamese used to do that, too. He'd go, "nyeh-nyeh, nge-nge-nge, nyeh, nge-nge-nge..."

It almost sounded like kitty Morse code

I should've recorded it. Maybe it was Morse code, come to think of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Beach?

For all we know they are Morris-coding to us!

I know, bad pun.

..nyeh nyeh...ngh.... < That is soooooo funny the way you described kitty talk!!! lolol

They have every animal expert out there under the sun.

We need a Cat Whisperer

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join