It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush to Address Nation This Morning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
WASHINGTON — President Bush was to hold a full press conference Thursday morning, White House administration officials said, the first since he announced last week his intention to begin bringing some troops home from Iraq.

Watch the president speak live on FOX News Channel and on FOXNews.com at 10:45 a.m. ET.

The announcement comes as the president faces major changes in his administration, which is looking down the tunnel of its last 16 months before a new president takes the helm.

Bush has named his choice to replace former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, and Agriculture Secretary Michael Johanns was to leave his post to run for a Senate opening in his home state, Nebraska; Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel announced his retirement earlier this week.

[edit on 9/20/2007 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My local news just reported that President Bush will hold a press conference this morning at 10:45am EST. It may not be anything too exciting, But I thought I would let you all know.

(This is my first thread, so I hope I did it right.)

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/20/2007 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I dont think the actual speech will be of great importance, but I am interested in watching the questions and answers that follow.

(you did a great job
)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh goody I'll go pop the popcorn.

(George Bush-(hic) My fellow Americans Iran attacked US targets in the Middle East this morning... because we refused the Iranian President to be permitted to see Ground zero.)

Rabbit I'm not dissing you. You did very well on your post. Just not to pleased with our President is all.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Perhaps it's to prepare us for what the president of Iran just announced - an OCTOBER SURPRISE aimed at the United States. October 12th to be exact. He promised a FINAL ANSWER to us all for supporting Israel.

Could be preparation for what is to come .... hmmmmm .....

October Surprise

[edit on 9/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is not war drums flyers already is various threads explaining what it means the International Conference on Qods and Support for the Rights of Palestinian People, this year is also to rally against the occupation of Iraq.

Also already Egypt is condemning Israel for the bombing of Syria and something you did not see in the news, hundreds of Thousands of Iraqis are demonstration the end of US occupation.

Even Saudi Arabia is showing discontent.

So please is nothing but propaganda.

The bush address is about one of his cabinet members resigning to pursue a congress seat.

I believe that is what is about.

Well is supoused to be about Healh care, so I guess that is what it is.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

Funny.

From what I heard on the local news it will be about children's health care. 6+ years into his presidency, and he thought he might actually address some issues here at home. Heck of a job, Georgie.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes I am in GA and yes I was one of those that wrote to congress about what Bush was trying to do cutting the budget on children's insurance for families that could not afford it.

I even told them to take the money from the Hailburto budget

They wanted to put additional tax on cigarettes to pay for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Probably our Presidents October surprise is that he has finally come to his senses and realized that........
The Iraq war was poorly planed and just an oil grab for his Texas buddies.
The middle class is snapping to the fact that his economic policies favor the wealthy 5% of American citizens.
His so called friends are deserting him and ratting him out.
His advisers and cabinet are a bunch of perverts.
His leadership has divided the GOP into chaos.

And he better pander to the weakminded or his legacy will only be fodder for the talk show humorists. Just like Clinton's legacy.

Nah.......am I nuts? It'll just be more empty rhetoric to placate his base; whoever that is.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am watching his press conference this morning

I cannot believe what he said

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You ruined the surprise. Oct. 12th, huh? Does that mean I can stop working out to try to fit into my Halloween costume? And it's a good thing I didn't start Christmas shopping yet.

So the Press Conference is on now, and thus far he has not messed up any words. Isn't it sad that I find that impressive? That is the standard now-"Mr. President, please don't make up any new words, don't stutter, and please try to remember how to get off the stage, what meeting you are attending, and what country you are in."

As far as the healthcare issue, I have to say, I can feel my blood pressure go up any time this man attempts to talk about helping the poor. I think we all saw what he and his administration think of the poor in America with their abysmal response to Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnDroidX107
I am watching his press conference this morning

I cannot believe what he said

I'm not by a TV right now, whats he saying that is so unbelievable?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
He blamed Saddam for slow progress in Iraq's government.

A dead person is who he thinks is at fault

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AnDroidX107

I expected nothing less!

Someone should make a DVD set of all his dumbest moments, I'd sure as hell buy it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
PRESIDENT BUSH:

"We are fighting a war as we are heading toward a balanced budget"

Oh Really!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Is someone gonna ask this guy about OBL already?

The questions are all harmless, as usual.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Blackwater question was genius and Bush is dancing around that great big Sombrero on the ground!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Four minutes of great Bush moments. Enjoy.

What struck me most was that he actually spoke well today, and his response to the question about Israel and Syria.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Anyone notice how the word "Victory" wasn't used even once? He used to sprinkle his speeches and press conferences with that word all the time.

What's changed?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Bush sure likes to play dumb and not comment on things he does not want to answer. The way he makes it sound he is the last one to know about these things. One would think he would be the first to get the scoop on world events.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join