It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did The 9/11 Attacks Occur?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Now this IS scary...

Apparently 30% of Americans haven't got a clue.

It occurred in October, by Hindu's and millions died.

[edit on 20/9/07 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That actually makes me angry.

There's a girl in my history class at college who didn't know the years of WW1, WW2 and thought 9/11 happened 2 years ago.

I die a little bit inside every time she opens her mouth.

It's the kind of information that everyone should know, not even have to think about it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go bash my head against the wall a bit, get this stupidity out of my brain.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Zanzibar]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
sometimes the people in my country REALLY piss me off. what a bunch of idiots!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And this is why I am subjected to the 'Americans are dumb' crap.
Stupidity knows no border and being stupid should be very painful.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

not all americans are stupid just most of us

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well the same people that have no clue about history or historical facts are not stupid at all, is just our educational system that has fail to do their job.

And every year is gets worst and worst.

But you ask anybody what was on the prime news last night and they will tell you as long as it was Britney naked butt or OJ's last run with the law.

Is not stupidity is just priorities.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I will agree that alot of americans are dumb, but its only cause people dont take the time to educate themselves...

its not like america is a race, its a melting pot

we are to busy with cars, and phones and shiny things and the endless pursuit of money

its always been sad

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
wait...I read about that video, they filmed it in.... CANADA!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wonder how long it took them to find people so stupid -- or at least people willing to act stupid?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have to agree with you.

There is another video from the same author, which shows the geographical "skills" in the similar way like this video. I think you have already seen it, but still here is the link. I mean, I think entire world knows where America is and where Iraq is and where Americans in Iraq are. For example, me and few friends of mine were playing a game in high-school, who knows more capital of the world and were looking at world atlas all the times.

Anyway - the very word "9-11" has become like a name for an attack - like Pearl Harbour - and everybody in the world knows when SEPTEMBER 11th is (probably becase we would write 11-9 and not the other way around). But as we saw, certain people in America have to really think when 9-11 happened. I am sure you would find some people around the world too, who would stop for a minute and have to think about that question also. But they are not Americans and they were not attacked on September the Eleventh.

But I am sure they know when Christmas is.

Or when the new episode of 24 will start.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
wait...I read about that video, they filmed it in.... CANADA!!!

Nice try, being a resident in Canada, and not being from here originally, I can say that their accents are not Canadian.

Canadians arnt that stupid!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
These are the same people who dont know Bush is in office, Cheney is VP, and we're about to go to a little war with a little known country known as Iran- they also do not know where abouts on the map Iran is.

These people are everywhere. Ignorance is bliss, i guess. At least they're not worried.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
People who are this stupid really should not be allowed to breed. I bet they remember the dates when Brittney and Lohan got their DUI's tho.
Pitiful.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
In America Stupidity is King. For marketing purposes it has to be. Disguised in high ideals of endless freedom. For a century the whole world bought it unquestioned. Not anylonger, only domestic rednecks now seem to do.

This video is no surprise. It confirms the worst of prejudices. Together with other similar videos it raise the doubt whether those prejudices are prejudices at all. A conspiracy to discredit America? Possibly. Unless this is all staged, it however tells a tale of an education system only thought possible in a 3rd world country.

It's long been a joke among Europeans, that Americans believe Paris to be the capital of Germany, Albania to be close to Afghanistan, or something like that.

However it's not my agenda to scorn Americans for their lack of factual knowledge. I would rather try to find a plausible reason for it.

Considering American history and the struggle out of which it was born, makes it even harder to understand how a people can become so detached from reality.

To get to the point and my argument, a timebit.

It is 9/11/01, Pattaya, Thailand. Jimmy from Missouri is in a bar partying, having fun just as he likes it.
There are always tv-sets in bars, and they're always on mute. He happens to look at the tv and see the planes crash into the towers, and how they go down. Then the pictures of the inferno as the tumbeling down creates dust clouds rolling through the streets.
"What a distasteful, bad movie", he thought and kept on drinking without paying any more atttention to the bad 'B-movie'.
Not before the next day he found out is was for real.

This is a true account to tell how Americans are inclined to look at reality. As a movie. And to tell which powers the motion picture industry has. Just what kind of power is that? The power to indulge in horror, misfortune, evil and all the disguises and setups it can occur in.

Since the 30s gangster movies, evil has been the major plot in most boxoffice hits. The horror of evil, we just love it. The moral majority did demand some kind of 'good prevails' at the end. They did that for a long time, but in the 70s came the evil (double)agent, government conspiracies and later the disaster movies. If there're any hopes in them it is at the peril of greater evils, corruption, despots or individual maniacs. The trend now seems to be the future. Better prepare, it aint gonna be nice. They don't give much hope.

To get to my point: Whatever you put out is bound to come back on you. Whatever you say, whatever you imagine, if you do it long enough and hard enough, it is bound to come true. For 70 years you have been entertained with decieits, deceptions, frauds and killings. It must have an impact on the national character.

This said, not saying Hollywood not puts out movies with higher moral values as well, but they are outnumbered 10 to 1 by all the depraved stuff.

IOW, Hollywood has a responsibility for both how Americans look at the world and how the world look at America. It's been going on for so long and with such intensity that I suspect it to be part of the NWO conspiracy. Hollywood is the most important and far most convincing tool in that. Deceptive as is the nature of the media itself. Motion pictures.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Rudy Gulliani mentions 9/11 every 5 minutes, you think everyone would know by now.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yes Rudy, I hear he personally sucked all the nonexistant asbestos out of the still air 'on the front lines' so so many firefighters, policemen, and citizens didn't have to. Is that a bolt I hear being drawn? I be steppin' out the way now.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No wonder people are confused, it actually happened on the 11th September .... why do you Americans keep on about the 9th of November?

LOL!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
No wonder people are confused, it actually happened on the 11th September .... why do you Americans keep on about the 9th of November?

LOL!

When oh when is the rest of the world going to start writing their dates down correctly? It's Month/Day/Year folks.

I better shut up. This may cause a War

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I heard (or read) once somewhere that sadly the stupidest among us are often the ones with the biggest mouths - and let's put it like this; The stupid by far outweigh the intelligent when it comes to vocals.

As for the 'americans are dumb' b/s, i could use the same phrase - because society is filled with idiots/kidiots whom are loud, and because america has such a large population - it seems only so often that we hear something profoundly intelligent, purely because all the stupidity is drowning it out.

For those of you whom are upset by this, speak out.

EDIT: Yes, i find the fact that people don't know precisely what 9/11 is extremily abhorrent - to the point of which that if i studied it and the various implications i would throw up and possibly garner some sort of psychopathic agenda for oh... the next ten years or so.

I can't hear you, speak louder!

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Throbber]

top topics

join