It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French official denies he warned world of possible war with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

French official denies he warned world of possible war with Iran

www.iht.com

PARIS: Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner strongly defended his sharp stance on Iran on Wednesday, saying that his remarks that the world had to prepare for a possible war against Iran had been misinterpreted and that he was a man of peace.

[...]

"I said, 'The worst, it is war,' " Kouchner explained, "'The worst,' this is not what I want. I did not say, 'The best, it's war.' I did not say, 'My choice, it's war.' I said, 'The worst.' "
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cheney Orders Media To Sell Attack On Iran
France says it must prepare for possible war with Iran

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It took quite a while to track down this article. The first mention I got of it was in a 137-word article hidden in a small side column in the local newspaper. It then took a further 2 minutes of sifting through the contradicting news headlines in Google before I came across the full piece.

The article above is in stark contrast to what we have heard recently. We have also heard news recently that the Bush Administration has ordered the media to sell to the public war with Iran. The highlighted lines in the news snippet above shows that the remarks by the French Foreign Minister were misinterpreted to fit the agenda for war.

Coupled with the almost complete lack of coverage in the main stream media outlets, this news confirms that there is a concerted campaign of disinformation by the media for the drive towards war with Iran. In light of this, it is important for the us to remain vigilant and not be caught up in another war based on lies and deception.

Related News Links:
French defence minister says no military plan against Iran
France, Russia Commits No To War In Iran
French minister goes soft on war threat
Russian, French FMs say no to war against Iran

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
wwwhhhhoooo..... that was close. France almost, almost got involved.

You see rebuttals like this all the time in USA politics. Someone will say something. Then a translation of what the person really meant to say, after the news of what was really said has caused an uproar. Then the spin game begins.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
He clearly said "we must prepare to the worst and the worst is war".

Why did he said that? Iran nuclear programme is totally opaque curently nobody knows what's going on there.

Still, war is seen as the "last resort option" here, hence my belief in an extend of heavy sanctions against Iran.The clever choice would be to avoid any oil business with Iran because they (iranians) wouldn't have the capacity to refine oil within their own soil.Simple measure but with a great potential of efficiency, could crush their economy quickly.
Iran must open its doors again, because whatever the sanction(s) is/are this is eminent now.... and the step after is none but war.Be aware of that dear iran.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Sarkozy and Kouchner have debilitated France's international representation.
Now it is "sauve qui peu" kind of propaganda...I said it, but didn’t mean it...what a lot of crap.
What the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said to Kouchner was also interesting last week, "We are convinced no modern problem has a military solution, and that applies to the Iranian nuclear program as well."
A retired general from the Us army, John Abizaid, has circuitously condemn the French move toward Iran by audaciously stating that the world can learn to live "with a nuclear Iran". His argument is that the Iranians are not "suicidal" and would know that if they used their bombs against the US and/or Israel, there would be terrible consequences. General Abizaid persists those are his personal views, yet given his high stature in the US military establishment they carry a great deal of weight, much to the disappointment of Washington's neo-con seeking a war with Iran.

kacou

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

It should not surprise anyone that the agendas of our present administration are linked to the Middle East and Iran.

We have see how the propaganda machine has taken everything the leader of Iran said and twisted to conform their agendas.

We have seen how many people are blinded by the lies and can not find the truth.

This article is a good example of how words are used to promote whatever the war profiteers are after.

I am one of those that could not believe that France that was one of the few against the invasion of the Iraq, would have a change of mind and promote an attack of Iran.

Now you people can see how propaganda works, Is in front of your eyes.

BTW this is for the happy war people.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks for finding that article and showing ONCE AGAIN how the US propaganda machine marches on and on and on....

Anyone think they will air an excuse for "misinterpreting" the information? No, me neither.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
No a chance that they will rectify what he said, look at bush still using in todays speech the "Israel propaganda" when asked about Iran, things like this are pushed aside and regard them as dubious and no worth to research and take into consideration that they may not be what it seems.

That's what propaganda does, and as you can see it works on the weak or just careless mind.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The silence in the main stream media on this is deafening. It is also quite telling.

Another news link, not from the regular NWO channels, but from... wait for it... wait for it... Cuba!

France Denies War Plans for Iran

Also, here is an interesting article related to the issue:

Iran: France's Kouchner Open To A Visit

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said late Sept. 19 that is he is open to visiting Iran to engage in permanent dialogue with the country, KUNA reported Sept. 20. Kouchner said his recent remarks about a possible war were misinterpreted, saying the French government has always maintained dialogue with Iran. Kouchner also said France could act as a mediator between the West and Iran in order to reach a solution about proposed sanctions against Iran over its controversial nuclear program.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Has anyone else heard anything about this on the regular (read: NWO) channels?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bush will never have dialogs with Iran no matter if God itself said that he will be the mediator or even Allah.

Bush has his agenda already and that is that, the arrogance of the present administration is just to dangerous for world stability.

top topics

join