It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt, Syria Seek IAEA Action Against Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
man tensions get so heated when isreal gets talked about.

it's seems the pro-isreali crowd is never willing to allow Isreal's Gov't to be criticized, if you could at least look at the short comings of the powerful nation (while insulting muslim's and iranian's as a whole) it would give a lot more validity to your opinions.

until then they seem desperate.

somehow social conditioning has also found a way to insert a guilt complex to most anyone criticizing anything to do with isreal or zionism in general , more so than any other group (very clever)

Isreal thinks they are superior to other country's ( at least their leadership does) and brainwash people into feeling national pride, and ingrain it in their heads that this nation and leadership provides safety to it's citizens. when the very leaders co-operated with nazi's to lure hundreds of thousands to their deaths, in an effort to set up the national state in the first place. many see though this but fear to speak out about it to due social backlash and being labeled a "nazi apologist" or other clever name.

the Ashkenazi Jews (Eastern Europeans) were the Khazar's who adopted judaism out of political reasons (not religious) they are not even semite's. except through belief which in this case does not make reality. and that is one reason why fighting has gone on in the region, another is that sephardic jews are treated like second class citizens in the great democracy, and third is that arabs are treated like third class citizens. a fourth seems to be the leaders and their various organizations seem drunk on power and absent on morals, and hell bent on world domination. the sad part in my mind is that many jews seem to follow the leaders and the zionists in part because the trauma of understanding the truth is too painful and the social and professional avenues for success may crumble if awareness was reached combined w/ the fact that have been taught propoganda since birth and live in a land where bread in circuses occupy spare time.

but you know what my current standard of living is enhanced by the weathy jewish who pay my salary, and i have developed many friendships at work, and this is a crazy world we live in. I usually will keep my opinions to myself, HOWEVER when millions of innocent people are going to be bombed to take out a bunch of bad apple's and maintain the status quo of power, i will become angered at those who are emotionless and even feel this loss of life is deserved wether out of ignorance or apathy

[edit on 20-9-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

True, but the Americans, Europeans, Africans, Latinos, Chinese, and so on ad nauseum also have a predilection for waging war seemingly just for the living hell of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It is my opinion that mankind's nature is to commit violence, or else we wouldn't

Let Iran die. Once they're dead we can focus on the others.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by johngardner1

So, we have humanity commit suicide, is that what you're advocating?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Israel is a Jewish country surrounded by Islamic countries. We support Israel because we created it as it is today, and they are our ally. No more reasons are necessary. They have what they need.

If every Christian on the planet was a die-hard absolute live-by-the-literal-Word Christian, they would be as violent as the Muslims. Look at the original European settlers to the Americas(or Asia, or Africa, or India...) for a little hint to the truth.

Islam is not the problem, Religion is. Most every religion says that people can do this, but not that, and another says they can do that, and not this. In most advanced countries, the religions are so mixed up that you practically have no choice other than pure toleration. That's why in the areas that are less mixed, and all having one basic religion, you see much more violence and war. Every little nuance in localized religion becomes something much more to your neighbors.

What these countries need is an education.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Seems fair enough. If the west can go after states suspected of wanting nukes then the east should be able to go after states suspected of having them. Given their current lack of power I can't see them having much success though...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharker524
Israel is a Jewish country surrounded by Islamic countries. We support Israel because we created it as it is today, and they are our ally. No more reasons are necessary. They have what they need.

So we can't call the logic behind the creation of the state into question?

If every Christian on the planet was a die-hard absolute live-by-the-literal-Word Christian, they would be as violent as the Muslims. Look at the original European settlers to the Americas(or Asia, or Africa, or India...) for a little hint to the truth.

So how can you be sure that these individuals were following Christianity accurately? What in the Bible can you point to as justification for such acts?

Islam is not the problem, Religion is. Most every religion says that people can do this, but not that, and another says they can do that, and not this. In most advanced countries, the religions are so mixed up that you practically have no choice other than pure toleration. That's why in the areas that are less mixed, and all having one basic religion, you see much more violence and war. Every little nuance in localized religion becomes something much more to your neighbors.

What about the religions that advocate nonviolence?

What these countries need is an education.

Who is qualified to teach them?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KaneT

Give 'em some time Kane-o. If Israel lasts ten more years, I will be very surprised.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
reply to post by mr-lizard

You say 99% of the Muslims want peace, then why so much killing? I mean it seems to me that when they are not fighting Israel they fighting each other for example, Iran-Iraq, Iraq- Kuwait, Fatah- Hamas, the Palestinian refugees in Lebanon and Lebanon army, the Shiites and the Sunnis in Iraq, OBL declares war to Pakistan, the taliban against the Karzai government.

I don't mean to generalize, but it seems to me that Arabs countries don't know the meaning of the word peace, is either agree with me or die.

IMO it all starts with leadership, I hope one day the Arab community gets a strong leader total the opposite to OBL, instead of a leader of Jihad a leader of peace, a strong person that can teach them how to bridge those cultural gaps first between themselves, because I truly believe that if Arabs fight between themselves, killing and torturing each other childrens, man and women, how can you expect peace with Israel?

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Bunch]

This is the best post in this thread. The truth no matter how you take is still the truth. Excellent post and thanks !

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

1. It is not something we can "Take back", so it doesn't matter.

2. The bible teaches many things, that you can and cannot do. It is for you to decide how to deal with it. The extremists take it to the extreme.
My example of the European settlers was used because there was great violence, all under the guise of spreading the Holy Word. Let's not ignore the fact that the Vatican has approved of war on religious grounds.

3. I said most.
Disregarding that, both Islam and Christianity have examples of great people choosing nonviolence over violence, but...People have to draw their differences somewhere.

4. Anyone with common sense. You can't kill everyone that you disagree with. You can try, though.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharker524

1. Not really sure what you mean by that.

2. Ah, well, MAYBE the Vatican did say that, I haven't specifically researched it, but even if it did, many Christians (myself included) reject the so-called "authority" of the Vatican, so you have to bear in mind that the actions of some Christians cannot reflect on all of them.

I essentially agree with numbers 3 and 4.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by KaneT

Give 'em some time Kane-o. If Israel lasts ten more years, I will be very surprised.

If any of us last 10 more years I'll be suprised - and happy. I think if things degrade any further we'll be looking at WWIII dead in its face - which really really sucks. I've got alot of plans.

edit grammar correction

[edit on 21/9/07 by WickedStar]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

since you appear to think? that israel is causing trouble by living on only a fraction of the land that Yahvah G-d has given to abrahams children thru isaac jacob/israel and the 13 tribes of israel-----all the land from the nile to the euphrates rivers which is G-Ds private land on this planet and They decide who is legally entitled to live there----- which muslims are squatting on presently and stealing that lands resources----you should move temporarily to sderot in israel just across the present border from gaza and see how long you could endure daily unprovoked missle attacks before you snapped and used nukes if you had control over them.unlike israels neighbours she hasn't been threatening for 60 years since 1948 to annihilate them at all-----let alone with nukes-----ah(mad)inejad of iran keeps on threatening israels annihilation it seems on a bi-weekly basis.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I find it very interesting Egypt are supporting Syria in seeking IAEA action against Israel.

Very interesting indeed.

It could be in response to Israel attacking Syria.

Egypt may want to keep up a political Pan-Arab front with Syria in order to please sections of it's populace, but it could also be Egypt are saying to Israel:

Don't bomb our neighbour too often....we may get shirty.

Egypt's leadership don't want to appear weak and America's puppet.

As for those who happily advocate and froth about 'glassing' cities and nations, I can only shake my head in disbelief at those who would like to see people killed, or at least, not realise or contemplate there would be men, women and children, you know, people who would be killed and maimed.

Life is not a video game. The same with war.

It has consequences, and what you propose is causing deaths on a industrial scale.

But I suppose it's alright if it's not anybody you know.

I suppose it's alright to sentence countless to death because your heart is so full of hate and ignorance and unwarranted fear.

Shame on you.

Pity on you.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by KaneT

If any of us last 10 more years I'll be suprised - and happy. I think if things degrade any further we'll be looking at WWIII dead in its face - which really really sucks. I've got alot of plans.

edit grammar correction

[edit on 21/9/07 by WickedStar]

the global financial system is falling apart. these seem like very strong words i know. but the amount of leveraged and debt from the credit bubble and deregulation (derivatives) scam is so huge that total outstanding derivatives (485) trillion outpaces world GDP by a factor of at least 6!

in order to "smooth the transition" intrest rates will be lowered across the board because the other option is the unwinding of this debt and a dramatic deflation of asset values held up by unsustainable amounts of debt and lending. lowering rates will TRY to make it appear that things are lowering slowly, but this will be no consolation to millions because the trade off is steadily then rapidly rising prices for goods,energy,and food. and this will only make the asset price fall more drawn out. kind of like slowly drowing away the masses in rising costs of living, although rising unemployment will pluck out those from other classes ,especially if they dont have savings.

wars and unrest may break out and reach levels unrivaled. gov'ts must understand this now, if not years ago, maybe that can explain their underground bunkers/cities/bases. sorry for the rant, but it's something u may want to check in on. we may not last another 10 years.

if it turns out i'm wrong this will be remembered as "fear mongering" if right "a good guess based on a realistic interpretation" of the future

sorry for being off topic but these things may make individual differences between isreal and iran seem more mute or it could in fact spark them.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharker524

a "real" christian would be just as violent as the extreamist muslims ?no------they wouldn't be a real christian if their normal way of day to day life was one of violence------a real christian is supposed to turn the other cheek(matthew 5:39) if he gets slapped on one and offer the other for a slapping as well-------obviously then there are not very many practicing christians just "christians" in name only on this planet !

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Your first link is clearly based on the mistranslation, and your second link clearly states that it is a mistranslation. The rest parts you posted on that link was based on opinion based on the "wiped off the map" mistranslation. So based on heresay. Even the part from Iranian former president. It's from an Egyptian source, and we sure know that they do not speak Farsi. Even if it could be true, he might just be saying it for politics.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

i am a "christian" and a "zionist" and a "jew" all 3 wrapped up in one package.how is that possible?---my fathers side of the family comes from juteland in denmark-they moved to france in the 5th century ce and then later to england to the county of kent where eventually my secular jewish parents met.i became a christian in 1968 ----but keeping doctrines that are not what this society believes are christian--i / we keep the holydays of moses found in leviticus 23 and the 7th day shabbat and we do not eat unclean meats as specified in leviticus 11.the scriptures indicate that mt.zion is to be the place in jerusalem where the returning Messiah is to rule the earth from and where a new temple found described in the book of ezekiel is to be built.the book of zechariah explains that just before Messiah comes all nations of planet earth are going to gather together with their armies against jerusalem and the jews.the jews had to return so this prophecy could take place and right now we are witnessing the clouds of the upcoming ww3 gathering in the middle east. concerning olmerts government in israel---- that man acts as a dictator whose mindset is to betray the jews and hand the land to the muslims it is hard for me to believe he really is a jew-he gets along far better with abbas than any of us ?.i suspect he would be a "judenrat" if he was living in the ghettos of ww2 europe or if he was in a concentration camp?he is just what israel doesnt need to weaken it. he probably will give up control of israels nuke capacity and make it ripe for invasion and military occupation by foreign powers.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Who is threatening who really?

One one hand we have a country (Iran) who is developing what they say is only Nuclear Energy and according to the latest reports from the IAEA that is true. The puppet leader said something that was taking out of context on so many levels that it is almost laughable. What he said was no different then the things Bush has been saying for the last 6 years.

Now with that in mind, has Iran ever flat out, openly, publicly said they want to build nukes and use them to destroy Israel? No where that I can find. Do they have nukes now? Doubt it seriously. Should they be allowed nuclear capabilities? Yes I believe so. I believe so because we (the US) nor ANY other country has the right to tell another country what to do. Period. If they developed nukes and then threatened to use them, even spooled up the engines on them (which we CAN detect) then and only then would we have a right to intervene.

On the flip side, we have the US and Israel. We all know Israel is chomping at the bit to go and bomb Iran. We all know Bush & Co are just waiting for the right opportunity (which I believe is coming real soon). However, lets not forget the one glaring fact. The United States has nukes, and has plenty of em. Lets not forget the whole "whoops we transported 6 nukes by air" incident a few weeks ago. Lets not forget all the talk about using "tactical nukes" against Iran.

So again I ask you. Who is threatening who?

Who are you more scared of.. the kid in the playground who talks allot of crap, or the kid in the corner holding a baseball bat?

I'm sorry.. if Israel is so scared of Iran or whoever else, let THEM deal with it. Why do we ALWAYS have to be Israels body guard? I'm sick of it. Why do we have to deal with a Nuclear Iran? Why is it OUR problem? Even if they had nukes do they have the capability to deliver them to US soil? Im sure I will get the "yeah terrorists can smuggle them in blah blah" nonsense. Well guess what? If we weren't over in Iraq spending $3000 a SECOND we could have put that money towards protecting OUR boarders, OUR ports, OUR HOMES.

Normally I don't post much on here. I just like reading peoples opinions. But I am so utterly sick and tired of hearing about the Middle East. I am so sick of hearing about "possible threats to the US and Israel". I say we just bring all of our troops home, protect OUR country and let the rest of the world slug it out.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yes, I have.

It was a Palestinian who announced out loud that all Jew’s should be killed-yes I am serious, no I am not kidding-in computer school.

Of course, I had him thrown out of school, but I think you can see my point.
Also, I had not even seen him, as I was busy with school work.
I only knew of him when he spoke, so no, I did not say anything to cause that to happen.

As to the other point, 1% of an estimated 1-billion Muslims is (.01) X (1,000,000,000) =10,000,000=10 million murder loving nut cases. That IS a lot of problems-seriously.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by mrmonsoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join