It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt, Syria Seek IAEA Action Against Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

...He complained that Israel was the only country in the Middle East "to have nuclear weapons and nuclear capabilities which are not under international control."

It was therefore a legitimate concern "to ask Israel to join the other countries in the NPT" (the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty), Othman said.

The Jewish state's steadfast refusal to put its nuclear facilities under international control constituted a "danger" to peace in the region and internationally, he argued.

AFP

Allegedly, Syria and Egypt urged the IAEA for a resolution condemning Israel for possessing nuclear weapons. Officially, Israel neither denies nor confirms that it possesses nuclear weapons. Prime-minister Olmert, however, implied that Israel does possess the destructive weapon.

Moreover, Syria and Egypt stressed Israel to join the NPT.
Now my question to the radical minority on ATS that supports an attack on Iran. There is no difference in the way Iran acts from the way Israel acts. Before the ''Wipe off the map'' claim comes in again, Iran has never claimed they support such an ideology. Israel in contrast, started a war against a sovereign country last year.

The bottom line is that Israel has been an aggressive factor whereas Iran has not for decades and that either both should be applied sanctions upon or not at all.

Edit: source

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why America hasn't bombed the living crap out of Israel?

They have nukes.... Go get 'em boys...

Oh wait *cough* I forgot about the receipts....
Scratch that... better bomb Iran or some other poor country instead...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Of course they don't want Israel to have nuclear weapons, as it is the only thing keeping the Muslim hoards from invading and killing every citizen of Israel.

We know it, they know it.

Let’s see, would that be Syria, which had its clandestine nuclear weapon facility destroyed-sure, they want peace.

I also seem to remember Egypt talking about looking into nuclear facilities-how when they are so poor is beyond me.

When one considers how many times these countries have attacked Israel, it is only common sense to prevent them from having such weapons.

The bottom line is that the Muslim states all know if they attack in mass, they will die in mass and has glass for cities.
What they want is the ability to overrun and murder with no payback-dream on.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My house mate is a muslim and I take deep offence at your post referring to turning his city into glass...

You're an Idiot. (Yet, I guess it'll be me who gets penalised and warned for my comments yet racism runs abound here on ATS and it seems only pro-american racism is ignored...)

What if I said

"Hey, those yanks... All they do is commit murder, they shoot each other at school, tazer their own students, rig elections, invade other countries and drop bombs on innocents, why not drop a few nukes on USA and turn it into glass?"*

I'd be penalised wouldn't I?

* Disclaimer: I was being ironic.

Mod Note: Please do not call other members names. Please view this thread:

[edit on 20-9-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If you don't like the truth, don't read here.

Anyone with any understanding of the M.E. knows the 2 sides of the equation.

Israel has nuclear weapons and advanced planes/missiles.....

The other side of the coin has mass numbers-yes planes and such, just not as many or as good or with as well trained men.

When all the bluster and chest beating is done, that is what you have left.

'IF" one tries to unbalance the equation by removing Israelis ability to defend itself, what you will have is mass murder.

I am not saying that "all" Muslims feel this way.
But a lot do.
Even the ones, who don't agree with that, would not step up to stop it. (I understand them fearing for their lives and or for their families lives, if they did)

The real enemies are the governments and religious leaders of Muslim countries that want nothing but to kill and teach it to children from the earliest age.

Perhaps if they wanted to be seen not as insane killers, they should work on that.

BTW Mr Liz, as I am with the "yanks" now, I can say here you are entitled to your own opinion and say and or write it down.

I wonder what would happen in "most" M.E. countries if you spoke so poorly of the Muslim Religious leadership what would happen???

Also Mr. Liz, how many times has Iran threatened to wipe Israel off the map/have them and all who recognize pr trade with them to burn in hell fires-referring to nuclear weapons usage.
I can bring example after example of these death threats to an entire country.

[edit on 9/20/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
What I don't understand is why America hasn't bombed the living crap out of Israel?

They have nukes.... Go get 'em boys...

Oh wait *cough* I forgot about the receipts....
Scratch that... better bomb Iran or some other poor country instead...

What are you kidding me? I guess you want to start Armegedden or WW3 then huh? That will cost thousands upon thousand of lives?

Lets see who was it who wanted to wipe Isreal of the map? Hmm?

Oh thats right that poor third world country Iran. They are modernized Persia dude. The ones who killed those 300 Spartens? Don't take Iran so lightly.

When everyone decides to wake up and see's the real world please give me a call.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

"When everyone decides to wake up and see's the real world please give me a call."
Every one has a choice to agree or disagree...what make you so sure that your view of the world is the real one and every one else is sleeping.
I have to say from seeing the US news that every one here is nicely cuddled to let other to do they thinking and presented it as proof.

Kacou

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
My house mate is a muslim and I take deep offence at your post referring to turning his city into glass...

You're an Idiot. (Yet, I guess it'll be me who gets penalised and warned for my comments yet racism runs abound here on ATS and it seems only pro-american racism is ignored...)

What if I said

"Hey, those yanks... All they do is commit murder, they shoot each other at school, tazer their own students, rig elections, invade other countries and drop bombs on innocents, why not drop a few nukes on USA and turn it into glass?"*

I'd be penalised wouldn't I?

* Disclaimer: I was being ironic.

First Mr Lizard take a deep breath and step awy form your computer for a moment.

Do you thrive for War?

I'm tired of it seeing it when it first started up in 1991. Hearing the air horns and hearing the President say We are attacking Iraq because they invaded Kuwait. It was called Desert Storm. We repelled Saddam and he got mad and set fire to the oil wells. On and off since then Troops have been there since.

And now I hear you wanting to blow up a city and turn it into glass!! Have you all lost your minds?

Stop it now - I had enough of this!! Thats our problem now. Americans hating the Muslims- Muslims hating Isreal and America. They did this and they did that.

Get you act together and act like human beings instead of monsters. I tell you we all have lost our way so much.

You know what the sad thing is. I long to see peace, but I will never see it in my lifetime.

Think about it long and hard about what I said here.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by Leyla

"When everyone decides to wake up and see's the real world please give me a call."
Every one has a choice to agree or disagree...what make you so sure that your view of the world is the real one and every one else is sleeping.
I have to say from seeing the US news that every one here is nicely cuddled to let other to do they thinking and presented it as proof.

Kacou

Nicely cuddled? You haven't seen anything yet then. What make you think of the news you see is the truth?

And why are you chewing me out. I'm not the one who wants to blow up cities and turn them to glass.

A simple task of getting along even though people agree's or disagree's- working out their differences. This world would be a better place.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Also Mr. Liz, how many times has Iran threatened to wipe Israel off the map/have them and all who recognize pr trade with them to burn in hell fires-referring to nuclear weapons usage.

Where did you learn to speak Farsi?

Iran has not said anything like this, not even once.

As a matter of fact the leaders of Iran never use the word Israel. When speaking of the land they say 'occupied palestine'. When speaking of the government they say the 'occupier regime'.

What Iran said, where the Zionist media purposely mistranslated as 'wipe off the map', was really Regime Change.

Like the Shahs regime so to shall the Al Qades Occupier regime.....and then one word whos interpretation is highly disputed. Further along in the speech he suggested a solution, a referendum with a constitution that provides equal rights for all.

But certainly its not 'wiped off the map'. Or if it is, the Iranians danced in the streets when Iran was wiped off the face of the map.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

I wasn't not showing you out...as you said... and if my post sound it this way, then I apologies to you. I was just trying to make point on what you wrote...no one has the truth ...this world is a half truth reality.
What I am trying to write there is that, to many narrow mind news are been spread in the US and also in the some other part of the world. Which depict such and such event or nation in a very narrow view in both way. But the fundamental issue here is that we need compassion and understanding...if we don’t go in this line of thoughts then this world will be a better place for no one.

Kacou

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

This just goes to show reading comprehension is dead. Or maybe reading is dead. Or people just read the headlines without actually reading the OP, much less the linked article.

Don't bother replying to this post.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Nobody!!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Irony is obviously wasted here...

Of course I don't want a bloody war... I want world peace, I was being sarcastic and totally agree with the OP's opinion.

Why should Iran feel threatened due to its nuclear development, yet Israel gets away scot free...?

Iran has never threatened to remove Israel from the map, that's just media spin and hype. Obviously you swallowed it, hook line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Bandit,

Let’s face facts, Iran has been threading Israel for some time now, I can get lots of Google links if you need or request them from me.

We can play word games, but the Pres of Iran has many and constant threats to Israel’s existence.

Let’s forget all the wars they (Israel) have fought against these other countries-usually several of them at once against Israel alone-in the actual fighting.
The US may supply intelligence and supplies, but no actual fighting-to the best of my knowledge.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Bandit,
Let’s forget all the wars they (Israel) have fought against these other countries-usually several of them at once against Israel alone-in the actual fighting.

Ask yourself a question.

Why? Just why are Israel's neighbours fighting? Why?

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that they weren't supposed to be there....

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The why is simple, they never cared about the area or the people there

"UNTIL"

Israel turned the useless desert into a livable area, then the surrounding states decided they cared and wanted the land back-which was NEVER!!!!!! theirs to begin with.

It was UK's/England’s and "THEY" gave it to the UN to recreate Israel.

As far as other territory, they won that in wars with surrounding countries that attacked them or were just about to.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Bandit,

Let’s face facts, Iran has been threading Israel for some time now, I can get lots of Google links if you need or request them from me.

We can play word games, but the Pres of Iran has many and constant threats to Israel’s existence.

But he NEVER said to wipe Israel off the map. Face it. He never said that.

The US may supply intelligence and supplies, but no actual fighting-to the best of my knowledge.

The only thing I know of is that they allowed Israel to willingly attack a U.S. navy ship, and never did anything about it.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So Bandit, you freely admit that Iran has been making death threats to Israel for some time now-you may disagree with one example, but I noticed you did not say it was not common place for them-Iran.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what does a incident with the US navy have to do with the issue at hand???

The issue at hand is Israel's need for nuclear weapons to keep the ,Muslium hoards at bay.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So Bandit, you freely admit that Iran has been making death threats to Israel for some time now-you may disagree with one example, but I noticed you did not say it was not common place for them-Iran.

How did you spin that out of his responses? You should work for Fox. You've got talent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join