It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it gets crazy in U.S, what country to move to?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As long as you have a trade or profession, a few bucks to your name, you can speak english fluently (or are prepared to learn ASAP), and you don't have cooties...

C'mon down to Australia

We need people with the above qualifications badly...

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

Originally posted by Darth Logan
I also heard, 90% of American households own firearms.

Where the hell did you hear that from?

I have only touched a gun once in my life and it was at a military expo; it was a n M-16 and I held it. It was disabled and without ammo.

My house has no guns in it; we own none. I have never fired a gun, no one on my block has a gun.

I'd still say more than half of Americans do not own guns. It's typically more of a southern thing.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world’s 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies. And no it's not a "southern thing". Please prove to me that more than half of all adult Americans do not own a firearm.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
can u prove that US citizens have more guns than the US military forces? Cause I certainly don't know anybody who personally owns tanks and fully auto machine guns

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
can u prove that US citizens have more guns than the US military forces? Cause I certainly don't know anybody who personally owns tanks and fully auto machine guns

Now that the Assult Weapons Ban is expired, American citizens can own automatic weapons (as long as you pass the background check). They are available, but VERY expensive. My brother recently sold his uzi.

I don't own a gun yet myself, but with crime going throught the roof here in Central Florida, I'll probably get one soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All this talk of moving to a nice country is really moot, the minute Martial Law is called into action noone will be able to leave so you had better make your mind up now and either leave or stay

Also this talk of China invading is all scare mongering.....they are taking all our resources the easy way using our own currency that they swapped for cheap crappy items.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by dominicus

If you only speak English, I would think Canada and Australia the best countries to seek out. I don't think the government of New Zealand would allow too many US citizens to move there during a crisis.

If you speak Spanish, Costa Rica can be a good option. Also, if you have financial resources outside of the USA and can access them from Argentina or Chile, both of those countries are very nice to live in provided you have the money.

I know some US citizens who have moved to Belize, and apart from hurricanes they are very happy there with all the English speaking people and Mennonite farmers etc.

LOL we got enough imegration probs here as it is. Damn if we want to add Yanks to the growing list...

Just Kidding

Just don't bring your guns or your constitution with you..lol

[edit on 12/16/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I have this to say. go somewhere that allows you to bare arms.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
When the going gets tough, you don't flee your country. Not if you give a damn about it. You lock and load and take it back. Running is for sissies.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I'd still say more than half of Americans do not own guns. It's typically more of a southern thing.

rotflmao

You're obviously stuck in "the matrix". This has got to be one of the more absurd statements I've ever read here. Apparently, you've never been west of New Jersey. Everybody past the Mississippi is pretty well armed and so are the upper Midwest states.

People hunt out here and when strangers come knocking, home defense is within easy reach. It's common-frickin'-sense in this day and age.

Sorry to burst your bubble. How old are you? Ten?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Russia is the place to go, plenty of oil, space to live and vodka, no more of that nasty budweiser . And you get the awesome Putin as leader. Here he is displaying his awesomeness :

And no chance of him sending you back if they bring in the draft . In fact , you could join his army to fight off the US fascist dictactorship :

Here is one of his Army units :

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I would pick Canada because of language and proximity to family and friends. In addition, I would be close enough to move back if things got better. Now as far as where in Canada, it would more than likely be southern Ontario, because of weather. Otherwise, New Brunswick or PEI would be a possiblity!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ireland/Eire , that is a good place to be when all hell is breaking loose around the world. Get wazzled on the guinness with the locals and forget it all , much better than living in a police state with identity chips , tapped phone calls and satellite surveilance.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am from Ontario, about an hour from Toronto, I would say Canada is good, but watch out for east coast Canada, past Quebec, things tend to be a bit pricey, and there aren't many jobs, I do suggest if things get bad enough the island of Saint Pierre and Miquelon ( en.wikipedia.org... ) seems like a nice place, its a territory of France, and isn't too far from Newfoundland, there is even ferry service between Saint Pierre and Fortune NFLD.

Their airports service to several Canadian cities as well

After looking on Google Earth, it really seems like a nice place to live.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There really isn't a lot of alternatives. Mexico or Canada. In my opinion how ever most Americans will stay and fight. I could be wrong but I don't think I am

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Then I suppose you have not ventured much into the old South.

Seriously, I have thought a great deal about this and I have found my family never left after the South was occupied by Yankee industrialists, so why would I leave when it will be occupied once more by another group of warmongers. I will die in my country if need be, but the South and Midwest will put up one hell of a fight before it is over. We are the most concentrated, self sufficient and well armed populace that are law abiding, in my opinion, in the world. I do not know of another place that can fill that demographic.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Switzerland would be the best choice. Political neutrality and the fact that they could blackmail anyone by airing their bank records has kept them out of war for hundreds of years.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Assuming all hell broke loose in America there really wouldn't be a safe place left to go. Damn near every country in the world would be drastically affected by a collapse in the US. If the #*%& goes down I'll be right here. Too many countries in the world are dependent on us for you to find safety in anywhere halfway decent. Now the comment about me staying here isn't bravado it's to realize that being on top and if we crumble those lower on the pyramid are going to feel our crushing weight tumbling down on them. Trickle Down Catastrophe they'll call it.

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
Here is one of his Army units :

I like the one on the bottom left. She can be my wingman anytime.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If things get "crazy" in the US why would you leave? I'm not a coward and I was born here. I believe in the way of life our forefather intended for us and will do my part to preserve and or reinstate it. I will die here regardless of what "goes down".

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I would go someplace away from the US mainland or out of sight of main society here in the Southwest..

Depending on when and what happens by the end of this year,

(Im leaving the country regadless by the end of 2008 and buying a haunted doll off ebay to send to the new chief
) I was also thinking Dubai, not because of it being in the desert, but because of lack of entry laws.

Hope you know how to live in an arid wasteland though...

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I think the New Zealand Government is not so harsh on immigration as you make out it is... I can remember stories of where the US sent soldiers over to help protect NZ when all were at war with Japan...

I would like to think that NZ would help out where it can... and as a NZder I don't have a problem letting US citizens in if they need a bolt hole so to speak. I would hope that if the situation was turned around that they would help us out too... who knows.

MW31

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join