It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Are Smarter than Conservatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Liberals Are Smarter than Conservatives

alternet.org

Science has confirmed liberals and conservatives think differently. Neuroscientists at NYU and UCLA conducted a simple test on college students all along the political spectrum.They were seated in front of computers and given the simple task of pressing a key every time the letter "M" flashed on the screen. Here's the hitch: every once in a while the letter "W" would flash and the subjects were told to not push a key when they saw "W."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is just too funny. After I stop laughing I will think of something to say.

alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
OK if this article is true it doesn't actually prove that liberals and smarter than conservatives, but it definitely suggests there are some interesting differences in how their brains work...

Perhaps the title should read Conservatives are slower than Liberals.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'll I have to say about this one is truth hurts, especially when backed up by science!

apc

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's believable. Considering some of the things liberals believe, I'll buy it. I mean after all, most savants are retarded.

Alas despite the spin of this rant being passed as a news article, the study concludes nothing about intelligence. It is about coping with conflict. There is not enough information however to judge the competence of the study itself.

What are the ages involved or other demographics? Younger people tend to be more liberal, and people who live in rural areas tend to be more conservative, for example. As such, one would expect younger people to have sharper minds than older. Likewise people who live in rural areas are not faced with as much environmental conflict as city-folk.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I really don't hold much stock in such studies... but I did find it funny.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If liberals are smarter how come they nominated ALGORE and John Kerry to represent them in the last 2 elections?

I rest my case!

apc

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why did Republicans nominate Bob Dole? Because he's Bob Dole. That's right, he's Bob Dole. Bob Dole. BOB DOLE!

Sometimes all the sticks are short...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

They may have lost but both are smarter than bush minor by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I can not believe that somebody dares to compare anybody to Bush right now.

I am beyond words.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The more I read RR's stuff marg... well I really don't want to get another warning so lets just leave it at that OK!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I would think that anybody, liberal or conservative, that thinks this is an intelligent article and worthwhile scientific experiment has just shown right there what their level of maturity and intelligence is. Even the writing style of the article sounds like it could have been written by a middle school student.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
If liberals are smarter how come they nominated ALGORE and John Kerry to represent them in the last 2 elections?

I rest my case!

This coming from one who sits around waiting on Rush Limbaugh to program your next talking point......lol..come on man you can do better than that.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan

I rest my case!

This coming from one who sits around waiting on Rush Limbaugh to program your next talking point......lol..come on man you can do better than that.

No he can't.... thats his best shot.

apc

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You just pyramid quoted! You're stoopid!

This is not a one liner post!

Really, I swear!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Originally posted by tsloan

I rest my case!

No he can't.... thats his best shot.

Grover,
I swear if some of the folks in here wake up with wet p.j.'s over their dream Reagan is still alive and in office...?

apc

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ahh! More reaching for the Sun god!

Considering the topic of this thread, I'm about to blow a funny fuse!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I object

I am not represented

I have been registered as both Undeclared and as a Libertarian, I am in fact a Moderate. Where is my representation in all of this

I kind of prefer the letter Z. I like the sound of Zzz. It is calming.

new topics

top topics

join