It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Make Eavesdropping Law Permanent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Bush: Make Eavesdropping Law Permanent

www.cbsnews.com

President George W. Bush said Wednesday that a law hastily passed last month to increase temporarily the U.S. government's power to intercept without warrants communications involving foreign terror suspects must be made permanent and expanded.

If this does not happen, Bush said, "Our President George W. Bush said Wednesday that a law hastily passed last month to increase temporarily the U.S. government's power to intercept without warrants communications involving foreign terror suspects must be made permanent and expanded.

If this does not happen, Bush said, "Our national security professionals will lose critical tools they need to protect our country."

Civil liberties groups and many Democrats say the changes voted in last month already go too far. will lose critical tools they need to protect our country."

Civil liberties groups and many Democrats say the changes voted in last month already go too far.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kwtx.com
uspolitics.tribe.net
usatoday.feedroom.com
www.care2.com

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I can't believe he's asking to make this type of eavesdropping permanent.

This man must wear the best pair of blinders that money can buy, because it seems to me he just can't see how unconstitutional this is, even though everybody else can.

He says this is a "tool" needed by national security professionals, well, they used to do fine when they had to get court orders to be able to "eavesdrop".

I think I figured Bush's problem out, I just think he is the most paranoid person on this planet. I'll bet he jumps every time he hears a twig snap.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's more likely he knows exactly what he's doing. Is Bush just paranoid and stupid? Not at all. Stupid people don't get selected as president. They put him there for a reason. Because he likes to pretend he's a cowboy and a simple minded folk, and so all the good ole boys will relate to him cuz "got dang he's from Texas, boy!" Only one problem. He's not from Texas, and he's a damn good actor to be able to pull off such a good impression of a redneck. Either that, or he's been MK'ed. In that case, the puppetmasters know exactly what they are doing. This is not debateable. We all know it's true, so don't try coming at me with all of this "oh that's just conspiracy talk blah blah, back it up with evidence blah blah". It's such a popular and widely researched topic, I'll leave it to you guys to read the voluminous books and articles on the subject of the secret govt behind the puppet govt, so that I don't have to write them.... although I am planning on writing a book about these matters soon enough.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i think everyone already knows bush is a puppet,the fact is we are letting him get away with this...this could be challenged but not alot of people have the stomach to do so.
dem. or rep. their one in the same.The only resolve for this is for people to get off the couch and act like they give a hoot about their freedom. but.. as we all know the reality..it will take a revolution for anything to change,it's gone way too far for anything to be fixed at this point....we have been trapped...and didnt even know it...some still cant see the trap.

but all who recognize the trap...just prepare yourself for the inevitable.

new topics

top topics

join