It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do your friends think about ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Have you ever had the guts to tell your friends you use ATS? What did the tell you? ha my friends though I was a crack baby when I told them I use ATS Id love to hear your stories...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A lot of my friends think of ATS as a "conspiracy" site and nothing more. They assume that the only thing discussed on ATS is 9/11, whether man went the moon and aliens.

Of course, some of my friends have actually visited ATS and their opinions about ATS have changed. It doesn't take very long to see that ATS is much, much more than "conspiracies".

One comment a friend made about ATS was that he was surprised at how much really "intelligent" discussion was taking place here. Frankly, my friend seemed to be astounded. He was also amazed at the level of discussion. A lot of boards are filled with obscenities, flaming and meaningless drivel. He quickly noted that ATS was "something different" and that "something special" was happening here.

I had to agree. Something special IS happening here at ATS

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
well for me,i've told a few people and most think i'm crazy for spending so much time here,and some never really are interested in learning new and old things. to each his own i say.

for me,i love this place..and as one member put it.."it's addictive". i look here to get most of the news(important stuff) before i turn the kill box on...and seeing other views from people before i even read an artical...

ATS owns!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
yes i have to admit compared to forums on social networking sites this site has real moderators that actually do a good job places like facebook and myspace etc have so much abuse in forums

[edit on 21-9-2007 by doctorlove]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I haven't really told anyone accept my husband. He is just relieved for me to have an outlet for all of my musings and ideas. - I mean besides him!

This is literally the only interactive site I go to. Social chit-chat I am not into -ideas, philosophies and alt. news - yes. I have friends in the real world and just lots of admiration and respect for many ATS'ers online.

My closest friends know my ideas and opinions but I realize most people find many of the topics I am interested in outside their comfort level. I respect that and don't push it too much. I am surrounded by well-meaning sheeple.

The only thing I hate about ATS is that if you google your screen name all of your posts and threads are listed. I find that very invasive. I don't know whether to be pi$$ed at google, ATS or myself. However, I stand by everything I have said at ATS.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah...And my husband "gets" why I am the worlds most notorious thread killer. He says I always have to have the last world and I am just too succinct for my own good. Sorry DoctorLove - I hope I don't put the kaibash on your fun thread.

Nobody ever wants to play with me!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i've tried referring a few friends here, but the general response was that they would prefer the typical flaming and obscenities over the elitist attitudes of many of the members here.

luckily, it doesn't bother me

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Since i started on ATS, ive been telling lots of my friends and family to check it out, I have had a few which think its all a crock, but most people i tell also have interests in ufo/paranormal, and they are hooked.
Its good to have a decent forum which you can express you ideas, opinions and comments no matter how obsurd they may seem and there is always someone who will read and support you.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have been a member for just a few days. I almost did not click on the search engine link...so happy I did. There are alot of hungry minds here. I just recently told my daughter and she is thrilled with the information she is finding.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
My husband thinks I'm a nerd because of this.

It's okay, though... I am kind of a nerd. A relatively hot nerd, but a nerd nonetheless. j/k

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
If I would ever tell anyone about ATS it would be because I admitted it or because it was someone who lives with me.

My brother just shakes his head. Secretly I think he is interested

I never try to press my beliefs on someone because in most cases it will have the opposite effect of influence.

[edit on 2/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I have told a few people about ATS. The ones I told had different reactions:

spouse - immediate eyerolling
best friend - quiet staring, not sure what to say
father - he came and I think he joined, he's crazy like I am
work - NEVER would tell them, they'd think I am a nutter

That's it.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I have no ‘friends’ to brag about how wonderful my faceless ‘friends’ at ATS have been towards me. I’m sure if I told them of my interest in ATS, I would be told to get a life or a job. Yeah right.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yea I’ve told allot of people, but most people I know aint interested in the kind of stuff on ATS. I told my mum though, and she is hooked on it now, posting left right and centre – when ever she calls me she gives out about me showing her ATS because she spends too much time on it, and I told my partner, who signed up but never actually posted. lol

Mikey

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorlove
Have you ever had the guts to tell your friends you use ATS? What did the tell you? ha my friends though I was a crack baby when I told them I use ATS Id love to hear your stories...

"Have you ever had the guts to tell your friends you use ATS?", yes.

"What did the tell you?", different views... mostly negative. Some positive, a few have joined. One is banned and getting ready for a trip to Ottawa.

Some with education have asked why I bother. I tell them isn't the world stupid enough already and that it's fun to spread truth and "Deny Ignorance".

Some at other sites in the news of late have taken note of ATS but are uninterested... don't expect them, they prefer anonymity. I was dissed as fronting AIPAC, COINTELPRO, NWO and big media for even mentioning it... (those were just the nice things they mentioned) so I don't advertise for free anymore.

I like the ATS concept but the "vision" and "image" thing needs a better PR campaign than "mouth" is doing downselling "up"... it was an easier sell years ago when it was just word of mouth. The "cool" isn't there for some, but I still have positive hopes.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 2-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I've told some a lot of my friends, they seemed mildly interested, one of them visits this site on a not-so regular basis now. In my friends group we all have certain websites that we visit atleast once or twice a day. Personally, mine are Livejournal, myspace, the sneeze, pbfcomics and ATS. My friends would be pretty similar but with a few more sites that I'm not too interested in myself added in.

We pretty much accept and respect the fact that there's certain things we're interested in that the others aren't. I have no problem telling anyone I visit ATS on a regular basis, as I'm sure they do things on a regular basis that I wouldn't.

Also, I don't consider my friends who aren't interested in some of this stuff "sheeple" simply because they don't bother to look up world politics or because they truly don't care. That's their choice. Some posts I've read on this site give me the impression that some (not too many) members consider themselves above or more superior to to their peers just because they frequent this site. As if they know something special the others don't.

I really, really can't stand people like that

top topics

join