It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Kid Nation'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.cbs.com...

40 Kids have 40 days to build a brave new world without adults to help or hinder their efforts. Can they do it? These Kids, ages 8-15, will turn a ghost town into their new home. They will cook their own meals, clean their own outhouses, haul their own water and even run their own businesses including the old town saloon (root beer only). Through it all, they'll cope with regular childhood emotions and situations: homesickness, peer pressure and the urge to break every rule they've ever known.

Will they stick it out? In the end, will these Kids prove to everyone, including their parents, they have the vision to build a better world than the pioneers who came before them? And just as importantly, will they come together as a cohesive unit, or will they abandon all responsibility and succumb to the childhood temptations that lead to round-the-clock chaos? Don't miss this intriguing series.

Related ATS Threads...

Kid Nation...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
good stuff (for a reality show)...

i am loving the entire premise of this show

this is a great social experiment, too...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I watched the first 40 minutes and just couldn't hack it. Disappointing as it has been hyped so much.

The maturity level of the oldest kids was ridiculous in comparison to kids 2 or more years their junior. At the 40 minute mark I saw what I predicted when the Adult host comes back and takes control and I assume this will happen several other times during the run.

I foresee just what it looks like, a bunch of kids at a summer camp with the only difference being that the counselors are not involved with the day to day activity.

Maybe I'm expecting too much but as I said it looks like nothing more than a glorified summer camp.....

[edit on 20-9-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
yeah, i, too, was surprised that the host came back...

i still enjoyed it, though...

and, yes, the two oldest boys acting the most immature was ironic...

EDIT:

this show could probably be called "survivor: kids"...

[edit on 20-9-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The show was pretty enjoyable, but I really have to question the sanity of the parents that decided to send their 8 year old into the desert for 40 days. These people must be absolutely nutso in my opinion.

While this show is a very interesting social experiment, I anticipate some level of "Lord of the Flies"-esque behavior at some point during the show. I'm sure that looting will occur at some point, but what will they substitute in pace of the stereotypical reality TV romance?

It seemed as though whenever the adult came back on the scene, they all turned into malleable little subjects just willing to obey.

I'll stay tuned and see what this show holds in store for us for the rest of the season.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i heard some things about this show and how people are complaining because it was unsafe for the children

i guess a girl, came back with grease burns..*shurgs* just somethin' i heard on the radio the other day, i haven't seen it yet and i probably won't

[edit on 20-9-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There seems to be very little "reality" in this show.
Just clever production.
Notice how they gave that girl the gold star,and then she called her mom,and what a surprise the cameras were already at her mom's house.
Seems too scripted.
But if you take it for what it is,I guess its just more junk food on our television.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Notice how they gave that girl the gold star,and then she called her mom,and what a surprise the cameras were already at her mom's house.

that's what i noticed

that was weird...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

that was weird...

Nothing weird about it if you ask me. Kids these days are not prepared for anything other than TV, video games, computers and the like. No wonder they are becoming obese at such an alarming rate.

Ahhh! I shouldn't be so hard but it just disappoints me that it's come to this and parents were actually complaining about it being too much. My parents raised my sisters and I to be completely self sufficient by the age of 12 and it wasn't like we lived in a labor camp. Just normal family upbringing with chores and discipline and most of all parents being parents.

Also, weren't those stars supposed to be given out down the road after they have a few episodes under their belt? Where's that thumbs down jiggerwad? Figures, the one time I want to use a do dad and the one I want isn't there.

Hey! Other than that it's a fantastic stream of good ol' entertainment....Not!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
good episode tonight...

interesting character development...

new topics

top topics

join