It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Asked to Lift Debt Ceiling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Congress Asked to Lift Debt Ceiling

www.sfgate.com

The Senate Finance Committee earlier this month approved increasing the limit on the national debt to $9.82 trillion. That boost of $850 billion would be the fifth increase in the government's borrowing limit since President Bush took office in 2001.

The national debt is the total accumulation of annual budget deficits, which must be financed with borrowed money.

Democrats blame Bush's tax cuts and the war in Iraq for pushing the debt to record levels. Republicans defend the tax cuts,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newsvine.com
biz.yahoo.com
hosted.ap.org
www.truthout.org

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just HATE when I hear about the national debt going up.

I wonder how much they would have had to raise the debt if we didn't attack Iraq?

Would the national debt have dropped?

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You've bought the biggest car you can finance, the biggest house you can finance, the best clothes you can finance, you live paycheck to paycheck, you just took a pay cut via a plunging dollar and have been living beyond your means for over 30 years...

What do you do?

Rethink your spending habits?

Hell No!!

Raise the credit card limit baby!

We're so far beyond screwed the great depression will look like good times. :shk:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Unbelievable, isn't it?

We vote these politicians in to do what is good for the country and all they do is run it into the ground.

Will things ever change?

top topics

join