It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears of dollar collapse as Saudis take fright

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All Saudi Arabia is doing is letting their currency float, right? I thought we wanted ALL countries to do that...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ALERT Two Big things going on right now in our nation with the markets, for some reason I am skeptical and perhaps dare to say that the Bush administration is on it.

And I dare to say that this is all done to get Bush family friends into our markets and into the biggest firm that right now deals with our defend department budget.

Bush is trying to get his buddies in Dubai into be the owners of 20% of the NASDA, people this big news first we have the security risk, but putting an incredible amount of liquidity will balance the Markets.

Second the Bush family business in Carlyle Sells Stake to Abu Dhabi Firm to have them as their partners in a the firm, Another security risk.

Our nation is been sold to the Arabs friendly to the Bush family.

This is big and we all know what was going on in NY the day that 9/11 happen the business deals between the Saudi, Bin-Laden Family members and the Carlyle group.

I am getting paranoid or we have been deceived big time and now the pay off is on full gear.

www.cnbc.com...

www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 20-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't know much about how the economy works.. ya actually I do.. but I will tell you a story..

About 5 yrs ago I met this kid.. while playing GTA III and going to a forum. This kid happened to live in Canada. So i would make fun of him because his canadian dollar sucked compared to the US dollar.

Back then the dollar compared to the Canadian dollar was 1.00 US to 1.50 canadian.

A few weeks ago I looked at the money converter thing on the Internet.
www.xe.com...

It said the American dollar compared to Canadian dollar was this..

1.00 US = 1.05 Canadian

2 weeks ago..

1.00 US = 1.04 Canadian

5 days ago

1.00 US = 1.02 Canadian

yesterday

1.00 US = 1.01 Canadian

just new before this post was entered

1.00 US = 1.00 Canadian

Moral of the story.. WE ARE SO SCREWED and nobody sees it..

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Respect other people's property, in this case country

I was just being facetious however I cannot wait until we find some other 'real' alternative to oil so I can watch the Saudi Kingdom and other oil rich countries fall flat on their face begging for our assistance. I realize this is tough but these countries offer nothing but oil.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by psperos

Well, things you describe show us a micro-perspective, from your own point of view and experience. Big things happen on the higher level, and when average folks starts feeling the consequences of a crisis, the stuff will have struck the fan big way already.

One of the reasons US$ is dropping is because huge sums of paper money were injected in the banking system to bolster market stock liquidity. Next, Fed has cut interest rates big way, also to assist market liquidity. But the money that was injected was nothing but paper money, fiat currency, without coverage. That can lead (and already is) to inflation. And that means - your money will lose its worth while the worth of the goods remains the same. In other words, prices will soar. And if this trend continues, which looks likely at this time, you better forget about

Just hedge your self as much as you can and enjoy living cheap while the rest of the world gets screwed

Furthermore, if current petro-dollar system (which is the very fundament of US economy might) gets further shaken up, US will be heading towards major financial crisis. Consequences of it would be felt all across the globe, but not nearly as bad as in the US.

I'm not a 'doomsayer', I'm just trying to be objective and realistic. Things aren't looking good for the US economy- at least not now. But only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

What's comforting here is that the United States has a high standard-of-living "cushion" to absorb these kinds of shocks. It would take a pretty drastic hit before you would see the breadlines up in action. Other countries don't have as far to fall until they reach true poverty as we do.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sounds like bonafide NWO stuff Marg...but I'm not too-up-on-it. I did read that Bernanke is whining about needing more internet bandwidth in order to manage this liquidity cri$e$

He's also PO'd with the Admin for having taken the term SURGE...he's stuck with flood...boring!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
NPR Reporting:

"Canadian Dollar Matches U.S., While Euro Soars"

"...But what's going on with the Canadian dollar is small potatoes compared to the euro. It hit $1.40 U.S. today, which is a big deal, as AP explains: ..."
www.npr.org...

____

It's been happening for awhile but what surprises me now is the excelled pace of of the US Dollar falling lower fast against the Cdn and Euro Dollar.
NPR's indicating a connection to the US Treasury lowering the prime interest rate 1/2 point this week).

Dallas

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I am judging by your "Shiite Head" that your respect for the region is very well grounded in research and maturity - and while the prospect of making other nations "grovel" to the US is uplifting, consider this...it is the US that established this relationship and it is the US that continues to support Saudi Arabia. Don't act like the US is doing SA a favor. Just because you don't understand a cuture or region does not give you permission to degrade them.

If this trend continues, we do not have to worry about bread lines people. We have to worry about China coming to look for their money (which has bought and paid for the Iraq war) and the US not having any (imagine a bookie holding a gambler over a balcony).

I for one do not like balconies and I do not like egg rolls (they make me gassy
).

This is the most important story of the month IMO.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
for the globalists, the dollar falling is the best of all worlds,
take the financial moves being made by the Borse Dubai
that marge pointed out was buying a stake in the U.S. NASDAQ exchange.

Borse Dubai, is also buying int the Karachi stock exchange (Pakistan)
" " " " ". is also buying into OMX, Nordic stock exchange
" ' " '" ". plans to buy the Nasdaq stake in London's stock exchange
(just a few of the items being bought-sold right now,
do a search inquiry: "borse dubai, buying into stock markets" )

watch for a layered=stealth investment into U.S. investment banks/groups
by Saudi & Dubai investment groups, as the dollar falls they can get a greater share of the investment house their buying into...
banks, real-estate, etc.

this is all being engineered by the globalists... call them NWO if you wish

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

This is BIG, I mean remember the stink the Democrats made about the Dubai firm when Bush wanted to do the port deals.

The entire nation backed by the Democrats were screaming foul play all the stink about the security risk and now the NASDA is going to given to them for investment?

What in the Heck is going on!!!!!!!.

Where are the 9/11 conspiracist theorist on this one and the Carlyle group deal.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
I am judging by your "Shiite Head" that your respect for the region is very well grounded in research an maturity

1) Apparently you don't have a sense of humor.
2) It's not a religious picture. Its not a picture of muhammod. Its only making fun of their hair.

Just because you don't understand a cuture or region does not give you permission to degrade them.

Sure it does!
BTW, it has nothing to do with 'understanding', its just called humor.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
All Saudi Arabia is doing is letting their currency float, right? I thought we wanted ALL countries to do that...

Yes, that's exactly what Saudi is doing, along with all the other Gulf States.

After reading the comments on here, I'm beginning to think some people don't realize that the Saudi Riyal trades at a fixed rate of exchange against the US Dollar, as does the UAE Dirham.

And yes, I agree, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE should be able to let their currency float on the open market and not be tied to a sinking ship.

Let's face it, the fixed rate of exchange worked well for both parties as long as the US Dollar remained strong. US got oil for a consistent price and the Saudis could have confidence in the cheques the US was writing them.

Well, that's changed. The US's bank account is empty and those cheques are made of rubber.

As for those who believe the US built Saudi and therefore Saudi by obligation should drown with the US, I disagree. Yes, the US companies were invited to the kingdom to help build infrastructure, but they were handsomely paid for it. It wasn't exactly like the Americans were there for charitable reasons.

And the first Gulf war was a convenient excuse to build extensive military bases in Saudi. Prior to that, they were forbidden on Saudi soil. As shocking as this may seem to some people, most Saudis view the American military presence on their soil as a foreign occupation force. They're not exactly ecstatic about the situation. What citizens of a country would be?

And I'm not just being an armchair conjecturer here. I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for a while and got a chance to speak with many Saudis while I was there.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lotusland

I know exactly what you are talking about my husband was station in Saudi for a while and he said the same thing as you.

Saudi never had trusted US in their country and is only one of the prince in the Saud Family that have business ties with the Bush family and love the westernized life.

You are right people do not understand the point of view and the deals that keep the Saudis as our friends.

I guess people forget easily Who is bin-laden and where came from and how dip members of the Saud family and Dubai were with terrorist organizations.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

OK: point the first- SA only got where they are today militarily because of America's help. Who's hardware are they using, anyways?

I'm not telling US didn't arm Saudi Arabia. But now, they have their own respectable armed forces, and are able to defend themselves without US help.

Point the second: You really don't think Iran would invade? Look at it this way-Iran is Shia Central. SA is Sunni Central. Sunnis and Shias are blood enemies. SA has the world's largest onshore and offshore proven reserves. You do the math.

And you think that Shiites hate Sunnis and vice versa more then Americans? Their animosities are evident, but war would WAY too costly for either Iran or SA. That is the math.

And by the way, what do you say about Saudi Arabia? Think they're better then Iran? You know that they employ strict Sharia law?

Some countries, such as Saudi Arabia, claim to live under pure sharia law and enforce the penalties for Hadd offences.
Sharia law

You know they have religious police?
Mutaween - religious police

How about public executions?

The Saudi authorities report public executions regularly - and are condemned by Western human rights groups.
Saudi executioner tells all

Many countries are condemned by US for defying of human rights, but not the SA. Most of the alleged perpetrators of horrible 9/11 attack were Saudis. Their government is nothing but dictatorship, for them democracy and human rights are just some funny foreign words. Hell, I would bet my butt that sunni insurgents in Iraq get at least a fraction of supplies and funds from Saudi Arabia. Etc, etc.

Compared to them, Iran seems like a democracy in development.

Yet, no consequences for the Saudis, no harsh words, no condemnations, they're not dubbed 'rogue state', they aren't dubbed 'sponsors of terrorism', etc. And they're good friends of the US, innocent of all crimes.

WHY? HOW?

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Duby78]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

You have to understand that it wasn't until 9/11 that many people learned where the middle east was located and who was the population of their lands.

Saudi Arabia is the last living Feudal Monarchy they use slave as workers and they are like you said on strict Sharia law.

Nobody tells Saudi how to do their business because they are after all Bush family friends in the Royal family.

Just the same that we do business with communist China and corporate American keep an blind eye to the slave work over there also.

Funny how our government tag who are the enemies and who are not.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Tnx for the reply, Marge. The last feudal monarchy they are. The middle ages - mentally, at least.

And instead of writing why and how in my previous post, I should have written

Oh the hypocrisy!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

The lowest our dollar fell in the time period your talking about is to just under .62 cents to one US dollar

The loonie, which has been gaining on its American counterpart since bottoming out below 62 cents in early 2002, has recently been on a spectacular runup from 95 cents at the start of September and from under 90 cents last spring.

source

reply to post by uberarcanist

The cost of living has sky-rocketed in Alberta in the last ten years or so due to the oil boom going on. Be glad you weren't trying to find an apartment or a house. Oh and they don't have any provincial sales tax either just Federal tax. It could have been worse, believe it or not.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Saudis are hypocrites for playing both sides of the fence? The House of Saud does what it must to retain control. As does the US. Both are ruthless and unscrupulous.

If you could stretch your perspective a little beyond the borders of your own nation, perhaps you might understand that most of the world views the US as the greatest threat to world security ever.

But this is getting off-topic. I think we're supposed to be discussing how the Saudis have severed their link to the US dollar for the benefit of their economy. Not sure what Sharia law and public executions have to do with that.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Now back on topic. It does sound like the Saudi's using this to help push through the arms sale on one hand, but I think that with what marg and St Udio found about the foreign investor buying up shares in SX's around the world, I think it could all be a push to collapse the dollar to bring in the Amero.

I started a thread on it here hoping to get some opinions on my theory then found this thread.

It seems like a really big game of connect the dots doesn't it.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by GAOTU789]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join