It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President's Visit to Ground Zero Denied

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I say let the man lay a wreath and visit the site, anything to help better the already broken relationship between our two countries. Wars have started and ended over much less. He wanted to show a kind gesture, and I truly believe that, wether for PR reasons or whatever....it could have only helped by sending a positive message to others.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
He wanted to show a kind gesture, and I truly believe that, wether for PR reasons or whatever....it could have only helped by sending a positive message to others.

A "kind" gesture? When has he been kind? Heck, when has Bush been kind?

From what I heard, it's not about being kind. Whenever you see Bush being "kind", he only does it to make himself look good among the general public. Not saying that Bush cannot be kind, of course, but I believe that most, if not all, of his decisions for the country have been nothing more than politic-based.

How can a man like Bush be considered more kind than unkind when his approval rating is in the 30s and he's done so much harm to the country? He's taken away many of our freedoms and has got us in a seemingly endless war in Iraq (soon to be Iran if he has his way). I mean, even if he is nothing more than a puppet, being controlled is no excuse. Every puppet only has strings so strong, so they all have breaking points. The only excuse would be if Bush was under complete control (and that would have to bring in lots of conspiracy theories).

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think it's a beautiful thing... for once America and Iran are behaving themselves and putting their ego's aside...

after all didn't Iran condemn the attacks on 9/11?

Whilst we're on the subject, didn't your President lay a wreath at ground zero and nobody complained even though in my eyes he was almost certainly responsible for the atrocities....

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the USA blew it !!!, there goes your big chance. could have let him lay a wreath at ground zero..................& then................POW !. jfk style.
then just blame it on some poor inocent member of the public.
gotta be easyer than bombing iran

i had to point this out, but no offence ment to the many victims at GZ.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by the animator

Animator... I assume your joking. Why would anybody want to bomb Iran? Except of course unless you lived in a hypocritical country like say....... ooooh the United States?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by the animator

Animator... I assume your joking. Why would anybody want to bomb Iran? Except of course unless you lived in a hypocritical country like say....... ooooh the United States?

i wonder if any one thought shooting jfk was a joke too ?. & as for hypocritical well i think thats a human condition. every country suffers from it. although when i listen to bush i wouldnt be supprized if bush said: hell lets bomb iran cause we can & its not far from iraq.
any way i dont know who will hit who first, but i feel pretty sure its gonna happen. but having said that i am an optimist & i am putting on a party in 2013 wich may well upset all the people who think its the end of the world

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Here's the latest on the attempt to have the Iranian President visit GZ.

Iranian President Still Wants To Visit WTC Site

Iranian officials say they still hope to work out an agreement for their country's president to lay a wreath at the World Trade Center site when he visits New York next week.

NYPD officials yesterday rejected a request by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit the site because of ongoing construction and security concerns.

It's a touchy situation considering the fact that the US-Iran have no diplomatic ties, I guess the government feels the positive perception gained for allowing this is outweighed by the potential negative effects to what some have said is just a photo op for Ahmadinejad.

What a mess we are in.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by the animator
the USA blew it !!!, there goes your big chance. could have let him lay a wreath at ground zero..................& then................POW !. jfk style.
then just blame it on some poor inocent member of the public.
gotta be easyer than bombing iran

That wouldn't work, because the USGov, puppet to the NWO isn't really after Ahmadinejad. They're after a destabilization of the Middle East so that oil becomes expensive.

With Oil At Record Highs, Talk Of $200 A Barrel

Read behind the headlines.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Has any official reason been given for them saying no to this perfectly normal request?

Normal? Oh yes .. it's 'normal' for criminals to return to the scene of the crime. In this case - the outspoken anti-American leader of a terrorist nation wants to 'visit' the site of the biggest terror hit on the US.

It's BS. He just wants a photo-op and to snicker under his breath at the dead Americans at the site.

When will America stop acting like children towards Iran?

When will Iran stop promising to destroy America?
When will non-Americans stop blaming America first? :shk:

The correct decision was made. No 'visit' by the freak'n terrorist.
It was just an attempt at a publicity stunt.

[edit on 9/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

flyers get your fact straight please

Iran = Shia
Alqaida = sunni

do you forget what happens in the past so easily

Iran assisiting the US against alqaida was just a movie
Iranians Lighting candles for 9/11 victims was just a dream

show some evidence to back up your wild chatter about Iran being envolved with 9/11 or is this like saddam being envolved with 9/11?

also your a joker
Terrorist nation

If we line up Iran and the United states
who would come up on top as the one that sponsors the most terrorists

Dont preach something in which your country does better then another

[edit on 20-9-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm sure this 'ground zero' denial will cause Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
to deliver an even stronger Anti-USA/Anti-Isreal speeck at the
United Nations next week. That's the reason he's coming here anyway..
to address the UN Assembly.

It's amazing that he can come to our soil and make large scale terrorist
threats in a public forum and then head back home with impunity. If you
or I were to make threats in New York or anyplace else in the US, we'd
be hauled to jail.

Of course it could be the "kinder gentler Mahmoud" who speaks next
week. He has dual personalities it seems. I bet psychologists like
studying this Jekell-Hyde character. -cwm

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The city told him no, not the U.S. government. There's really no way to prevent him from going near the site like anyone else can, they just aren't going to shut down the area for him to pull off his media stunt. At first the city wasn't even going to hold the latest 9/11 anniversary memorial on the actual site due to the construction, they only changed their minds after a lot of pressure from the families.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

flyers get your fact straight please

Iran = Shia
Alqaida = sunni

Trust me, you're talking to a brick wall here. The facts are just an inconvenience. You must remember -- HE BAD BAD EVIL NASTY DISPICABLE HORRIBLE MAN THAT WANT KILL ME AND MY FAMILY!!!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Flyers are you joking?

Get your facts right please and promise me you'll never try and be a politician.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Why exactly is he here?

What ever ones views on world events, I highly doubt he has an ounce of compassion for the events of 9/11, just MHO.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

deny ignorance is the moto of this website

you need to.

and get your `facts` right please for pity`s sake - you are so wrong on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I would like to believe that this visit was a sign of respect and Iran does not want a confrontation with America. But this could be taken as sarcasm as well. Damn the propaganda machine....I fallen for it ever so slightly

I seriously hope Bush doesn't instigate a war with Iran...this could lead to Israel, Syria, and the whole middle east involved in a world war.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Has any official reason been given for them saying no to this perfectly normal request?

When will America stop acting like children towards Iran?

This is not such a normal request from a gentleman who is continually outspoken about the destruction of Israel and those who support. Not to mention his supposed ties/support of terrorism.

White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said Wednesday that an Ahmadinejad visit to Ground Zero "is a matter for the city of New York, but it seems more than odd that the president of a country that is a state sponsor of terror would visit Ground Zero." - www.foxnews.com...

American - does not equal the media. The response given is different in every media report based on their perception. I don't entirely disagree with you in that some games played are quite childish, but nothing on either side has gone unprovoked.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Geez

how old are most of you?
Allready forgotten the 444 days of us diplomats being hostages in iran?

Forgotten the plane hijack when Iran Leader was INDEED a terrorist?
nederkrant.files.wordpress.com...

Woke Up. even if bush is a puppet and following NWO orders, IRAN isnt that peaceful, especially ahmadinejad.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have a question. Can anyone go to Ground Zero, or is it by special permit?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join