It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran promises "final response" October 12th to "Zionists"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Iran promises "final response" October 12th to "Zionists"

www2.irna.ir

Iran-US-Spokesman
Supporters of the Zionist regime will receive their response during the world Qods Day's rallies, government spokesman, Gholam-Hossein Elham, said Wednesday.

The spokesman made the remarks during his weekly press conference while commenting on the current visit to the occupied Palestine of the US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What should one read into this? Scary times we live in without a doubt.

Is that a threat of attack? A planned "Statement of position"?

Thoughts?

www2.irna.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Most likely trying to puff up their chests and try to rattle some cages. When an animal is cornered what does it do? Hisses and growls. Similar to what Iran is doing currently. The worlds eye is upon them and they know it. Most likely this will just be some sort of statement similar to the rhetoric they have been releasing for the past couple years.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
america is run by zionists?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I hope you are correct, the thing that got my attention was the "final response" aspect of it, which I think could infer anything but certainly raised my eyebrows.

Personally I am torn on the whole issue, I cannot imagine going to war AGAIN unless the whole world was united behind us (clearly not the case) and even then I am wary.

On the flip side, what would a nuclear Iran be like? Would they use the bomb against Israel (or anyone else including the US) as they seem to claim desire to?

I swear, I have never felt the fear I have been fed about our extinction until recently......and these days I am losing sleep over it, glued to ATS about it, and have begun to stockpile food and water just in case.

The world is like a fractured eggshell waiting to go splat.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

I don't know, are we? I believe we are in their eyes if I am not mistaken......whether we or not is up to you I guess. I do not feel qualified to state unequivocably either way, maybe someone else can.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mjmurphy53711

I wouldn't start worrying about a "nuclear" Iran. But if you feel comfort in what you are currently doing, more power to you [you may even be right
]. If Iran were to ever launch a nuclear weapon towards Israel or anyone else, it would be destroyed immediately and would receive a gift package response if you catch my drift.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is my hope that on Oct 11th, the world wakes up Iran free..........

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Mr. Akhmanutjob promised a bunch of stuff last year on August 22nd also and nothing happened. I expect more of the same. He is an idiot and an attention whore and the more stuff he can spout that makes the news makes him happy.

link   
the current 2007 holy month "Ramadan" began Sept 13th ~>
ergo the month long ritual will have ended by 12 Oct 2007

nothing more...nothing less...as 12 oct begins another another 1 year interval between Ramadan's

link   

He was refering to Israel as the zionists.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

He was refering to Israel as the zionists.

Yes but the article also refers to "the supporters of zionists" as well.

So utilizing the phrase "final response" doesn't make anyone wary?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i did a whois sear for the site that its from and it says the server is located in california whois.domaintools.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mjmurphy53711

The US has been a long time supporter if Israel, leading to much of the Anti-American sentiment in the Arab world.

As to your fears, it's likely that this "Final Response" will simply be a political statement, or perhaps (in the worst case) and announcement that OPEC will be scrapping the US dollar as the Oil Trade Standard.

If that second suggestion was to be true, it would be a very bad thing for the US.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Must admit, I am intrigued by the use of the statement "Final response"..

Aside from obvious "Doomsday" scenarios, it could be thus:

Maybe the Iranians will issue a final ultimatum with regards to to the ongoing diplomatic wrangle. Something along the lines of "Put up or shut up". After all, they have been asking for direct negotiations with the US for some time and been refused.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
^ I believe that makes the most sense, OR, a final "refusal" to get rid of the nuke program.

If that is the case, that would be a pretty strong provocation of the hawks looking for redemption on Iraq.

Scary times we live in for sure.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh I dont even think so! *wags head* My little girls birthday is at the end of October, and no short little Akhmanutjob (love that name by the way!) is going to blemish that day for her!!!

IMO it seemed there was a lot said that was from someone other than the person talking. I think it might take some sifting to find out what was said and what was implied.

Surely he would never do anything so idiotic. Now, if he found out that through this jihad thing they accidently offed this hidden immam fella, then i can see him going suicidal. Otherwise I see this as nothing more than old woman gossip.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What they may be talking about people is for all the nations in the Arab world to united and fight against the usurpation of what they see as the zionist taking over the lands of the palestinian people.

This may also include US invading Iraq.

That is what it could mean, a final response could be that the Arabs country unite against US and Isreal of what they see as invading Arabs lands.

On their international conference in support of the Palestinian intifadah was held in Tehran under the title of "International Conference on Al- Qods and Support for the Rights of Palestinian People".

I hope that is what they are talking about.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A trick to make Israel do the 1st move. Israel is known to pre-emp an attack, this is to incite that.

And once Israel strike, Iran will have reason to dump all of their arsenal to destroy Israel. Iran might loose abit of land and some degree of destruction, but they are willing to sacrifice those to wipe Israel 100% off the map.

It's a last ditch strategy to legitimize a war against Israel.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Sure, since the Johnson administration. Kennedy was the last president to stand up to Israel, who linked financial support to US inspections of Dimona nuclear facilities. As we know, he was assasinated shortly thereafter, no such inspection has ever taken place, and US money has never stopped flowing into Israel. You do the math.

The Mearsheimer/Walt piece gives an excellent overview of how Israeli interests "guide" our Middle East foreign policy. www.lrb.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join