It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rather Sues CBS, Saying It Made Him a 'Scapegoat'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Rather Sues CBS, Saying It Made Him a 'Scapegoat'

www.nytimes.com

In the suit, filed this afternoon in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, Mr. Rather charges that CBS and its executives made him “a scapegoat” in an attempt “to pacify the White House,” though the formal complaint presents virtually no direct evidence to that effect. To buttress this claim, Mr. Rather quotes the executive who oversaw his regular segment on CBS Radio, telling Mr. Rather in November 2004 that he was losing that slot, effective immediately, because of “pressure from ‘the right wing.’ ”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dan Rather is suing CBS because he "contends that the network committed fraud by commissioning a “biased” and incomplete investigation of the flawed Guard broadcast and, in the process, “seriously damaged his reputation.”

In other words, a former Bush senior AG, Richard Thronburgh, who was one of the outside panelists monitoring over the news broad-casted about that information that Bush jr. received preferential treatment in the Air National Guard vetted updates on that story by having Rather instead focus on Hurricane Frances which was strorming through Florida at that time. Because of this order from Thornburgh, Rather is saying that CBS engaged in fraudulent coverage and gross omissions of that story by not allowing him to go on the air with new information on it that further supported those findings that Bush received preferential treatment in the Air National Guard.
Lol, best just read the NYT's article to see what's going on here but Kudo's to Rather for having the courage to sue the BIG GUYS!
This is one case I'm going to watch over closely.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If this case ever see's the light of day, I sure hope there's some news coverage from alternative news sources so we can find out just how 'controlled' our media is by this current administration!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Right. By the time Dan Rather, Don Imus, and Katie Couric are done with what today could rightly be called the Communist Broadcasting System, there will likely be just old bones to pick over.

Sad fate for a once proud and unbiased symbol of journalism.

[edit on 9/19/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My guess is Rather is not doing this for the money -- it's the principle of the thing. He's not looking for a settlement -- he's going to take this and run with it as far as it goes -- and good for him!
I think if we can keep track of this case via those who report the 'real' news, much will be learned about just how corrupted mainstream news is now and how we as Americans can no longer trust it to tell things as they really are.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I always felt the man had been railroaded.

It's not his personal responsibility to verify stories that the presents as an anchor, only those he personally writes... which did not include the Bush/'Nam scandal.

join