It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The End of Cancer?

www.sciencentral.com

universal treatment that would work against any type of cancer has always seemed like a far-fetched fantasy. But now researchers at Wake Forest University have made a discovery in mice that might one day lead to a "magic bullet" against human cancers if it proves to be true in people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
THis is a new breakthrough in cancer, its kind of strange and annoying. I mean i have read countless articles on new breakthroughs for cancer within this past year and i see none of it after words.

www.sciencentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY

THis is a new breakthrough in cancer, its kind of strange and annoying. I mean i have read countless articles on new breakthroughs for cancer within this past year and i see none of it after words.*

www.sciencentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article) *Italics added by benevolent tyrant for emphasis

Over the years, we have all seen many articles in the newspapers or we have all seen and heard various reports on television or radio reporting "another breakthrough in Cancer research. Some might expect that a "cure for cancer" imminent. But, as the years pass, we continue to see, hear and to read similar proclamations of "cancer breakthroughs" over and over again.

We are forgetting that medical research is a complicated and multi-faceted effort. Unless some truly amazing and entirely unexpected discovery is made, most of these touted "medical breakthroughs" really don't amount to much more than a "baby-step" in the process of reaching that ultimate goal.

Indeed, progress is being made -- one step at a time. One simply needs to look at statistics to recognize that various Cancers which, at one time, were once considered to be beyond available treatments, are now being treated with some appreciable success. Advances are being made and lives are being saved! If nothing else, we should be able to recognize that treatment for some cancers are prolonging lives.

[edit on 9/30/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

[edit on 9/30/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think that there are probably a ton of cures for cancer that have been discovered throughout the years, but for one reason or another, they are all squashed by the establishment.

Granted this is a completely conspiratorial view, my guess is that "they" would rather have people dying, and pumping money into the system, rather than curing everyone with cancer and letting the population continue to grow.

The pseudo research of Royal Rife and its following supression only goes to show what happens to bright people with ideas, whether they be mainstream or off the cuff.

All in all, I think that there are numerous cures for cancer, but they will never make it into the mainstream unless we have people that will allow it into the mainstream. Otherwise, they will stay supressed forever.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I think that there are probably a ton of cures for cancer that have been discovered throughout the years, but for one reason or another, they are all squashed by the establishment.

Granted this is a completely conspiratorial view, my guess is that "they" would rather have people dying, and pumping money into the system, rather than curing everyone with cancer and letting the population continue to grow.

The pseudo research of Royal Rife and its following supression only goes to show what happens to bright people with ideas, whether they be mainstream or off the cuff.

All in all, I think that there are numerous cures for cancer, but they will never make it into the mainstream unless we have people that will allow it into the mainstream. Otherwise, they will stay supressed forever.

What he said.
Sad thing is that parts of the government (FTC, FDA) are involved suppressing remedies.

new topics

top topics

join