It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 minutes BEFORE the student got tasered @ Kerry's Q&A

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Skull and Bones strike again. = P

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This kid was not being abusive he had barely spoken over two minutes if that before the police started interfering and then cut his mike and then started pulling on him, this is disgraceful, he has the right of freedom of speech, but apparently they did not like his question.

I saw on the news today where one pundit said Kerry was not really aware of what was going on, BS, he could not miss it, and seemed to be talking about the situation as it was happening. Kerry could have asked the campus police to back off, but he did nothing.

en.wikipedia.org...

First they came…" is a poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
VERY interesting video. Although I think the police took it a little too far, it's really no surprise that they apprehended him. The guy had this hostile, accusatory tone to begin with and started raising his voice. He started physically resisting when the cops grabbed hold of him (NOT a good idea). It was also quite pathetic that he clearly WANTED to cause a scene, as he kept yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" and then yelping like a child and screaming "OW" after getting tasered. Yeah, I know getting tasered would be extremely painful, but it's obvious that the guy wanted to create a scene and was being overly dramatic.

Basically, yelling at Kerry in an uncivil and somewhat hostile manner and then physically fighting off the cops was clearly a bad idea, and he had what was coming to him. Was there any point in kicking and screaming after he was pinned down? Of course not.

I'm betting that he knew what would happen and getting it on video was his primary goal.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Video prank gone bad?

I found some background material on Andrew Meyer, the student who was tasered, in The Tampa Tribune . Apparently, Meyer has a site with several prank videos and had someone filming his questions from the very beginning.

He also appears to have something of a history of conflict with the University and/or campus police. University of Florida president Bernie Machen said there were certain "issues" with Meyer that would come up in the school's investigation.

UF Probes Tasering Of Student : Campus Joker Carried Away At Kerry Forum

An officer said in a police report Meyer's "demeanor completely changed once the cameras were not in sight" and that he was "laughing" and "lighthearted" on the way to jail.

Details from Meyer's online writings and videos also raised the question of whether his harangue was genuine.

Meyer, a senior telecommunications major from Weston, has a Web site featuring several homemade videos. In one, he stands in a street with a sign that says "Harry Dies" after the latest Harry Potter book was released. In another, he acts like a drunk in a bar while trying to pick up a man dressed in drag.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
That's a bunch of bullcrap. Anyone who's read the book knows Harry doesn't die, he was just faking it.

On a serious note, I doubt the police knew his intentions before the fact, otherwise they would not have let him in to begin with. As far as they knew, they were tasering him for asking a question.

The kid in Tienamin (sp?) Square obviously meant to cause a scene and clearly knew the tank was going to roll right over him. Maybe he even enjoyed practical jokes. That doesn't make his cause any less noble or the actions of his government any more acceptable.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
That's just F***ed up.
I mean..yeah dude was just asking his question and like half way they tried to make him stop just because from what I believe..he was questioning "Bush" and someone/cops over there didn't like that and tried to cut him off for that which they eventually did. But whatever I applaud him for being one of the first to speak up on that type of subject and for saying/asking what he believes in and seems to be passionate enough about to go out and even question it.

John Kerry. No respect for him at all.
I can't believe I wanted to vote for him, he's like..useless..
you could clearly tell this kid supported John Kerry and pretty much did enough research to say that John Kerry won the election this and that..but John Kerry didn't do half a cow sh*t to show any type of sympathy for a supporter.
If I were there I would of been like WTF!? and stuff too and probably end up getting tasered or worst. And how can you even..clap after he's being grabbed and taken away while yelling for help and all that? Those people are the one who are supposed to be educated and all that good stuff since they are there right? Gots to have some brain and some kind of voice for themselves, but obviously those people are easily the same as the idiot who stops and take out their camera phone and take pictures of a dead trampled lady at a grocery store.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think freedom of speech is part of this catagory

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Seems to me there are two kinds of Americans.

1/ the kind that are willing to ask tough questions and care about the direction humanity is going in

and

2/ the kind that are willing to suppress those that ask these tough questions and only care about maintaining their rather small, and getting smaller, comfort zones (TV, beer, work, masturbation).

I don't believe ANYONE doesn't really understand what is going on here. I believe there are simply those that cannot handle the truth, and those that can. It usually has an awful lot to do with emotional maturity.

Remember the word 'courage' comes from the Latin 'core', which is the heart. The greatest leaders have always been those men and women who care the most about their fellows.

America, you have two enemies: those that rally against freedom, and those that follow them.

The thing you have to remember is that those that rally against freedom are in the minority, and those that follow them are weak.

The rest of you are strong. Stand up and be counted. It may look like a tough battle but in reality it is an illusion.

God bless you all, be strong. Most importantly, CARE. By caring you are instrumenting the power of love: and the power of love is greater than anything else, even death. And death is the only thing they've got on us.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyrossius Maxim

Out of control? I don't think so. Maybe unruley, but certainly not out of control.

The tasing was unjustified act of arrogance. The kid went over his time to ask a question. He was being semi-courteous in his manner until harrassment by the rent-a-cops began. Face it, the campus security walks around all day armed with these tasers and FINALLY had a chance to use them. They did in an act of aggression. If this were one officer and and the college student I could possibly justifiy the use. The student wasn't a small guy. But to tase a student with 6 OFFICERS on top of the student? That's just a weak and incompetant job. I think they should find new jobs since it seems they can't handle the duty requirements to carry out their service in the proper manner.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If that happened here in England there would be a fecking riot! Nobody in my college would sit back and let some fascist tazer some poor student.

Why oh why are so many students so passive even when a fascist pig is electrocuting your fellow man?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpadeofAces

that makes me sick to my stomach..
This is society at its most democratic?
When a peasant, is asking his elected leader a question?

Holy crap,

he deliberatley went out of his way to be loud, but to say the exact words, at the right times, almost like he knew as soon as he got to that question he was going to be forced down...

This was an open mic questionaire, kerry even said its a fair question and it should be answered... so who involved with the function gave the order to "get that guy down, now!"?

buy the man a drink! he took one for the team!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpadeofAces
Kerry stood by while Bush stole the election

Bush didn't steal the election. He was elected. Period.

the same way he stood by while this student was tasered.

And you are wrong with this too. Kerry (whom I can't stand) DID state from the pulpit to the cops - (paraphrase) "leave him alone, I'll answer his question". He said it more than once.

So to defend Kerry (I can't believe I am) ... Kerry DID say more than once for the cops to stop and that he'd answer the question. It is clearly heard on the tapes of the incident that the TV news is playing. FOX even mentioned that they clearly heard Kerry saying to stop. Yes .. FOX.

Originally posted by kindred
Unbelievable! The guy wasn't doing anything wrong.

The guy set the whole thing up. He told people to have the cameras rolling and he has done things like this before. He was just getting started. He wants his 15 minutes of fame. He's had his own website for quite a while.

Tasering went too far for the cops but also .. the kid got what he wanted.
Fame.

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Andrew Meyer, the student who was tasered, in The Tampa Tribune . Apparently, Meyer has a site with several prank videos and had someone filming his questions from the very beginning. He also appears to have something of a history of conflict with the University and/or campus police.

Both are very true statements. He set this up and he wanted conflict. The university was ready for him. They went overboard, but they were ready for him because of his past behavior.

[edit on 9/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by uberarcanist

He wouldn't stop screaming because he had the right to ask those questions. So what, now if we ask a question they can't answer, they have the right to remove us?

This isn't at all what happened...I assume you've seen the same videos that I have. He was showboating from the start, this wasn't about asking a question, it was about getting in front of a crowd and preaching his views. He went to a John Kerry question and answer session. He got up to the mike to ask a question and went into a rant. He was asked to please get to the question and he stated, in his own words, that he was going to ask questions but first he needed to get his point across. WRONG! The point of the event was to ask questions and have them answered, not steal the stage and give his own event.

This is what I don't get about some people's definition of free speech. What he did is akin to walking into a movie theatre where people paid to see a movie and screaming over the movie. There's a time and place for everything and Kerry's question and answer session was not the correct place for this idiot to give a speech.

I'll still stand by the statement that tasering the guy was overkill. But he was fighting the police, trying to escape, and disobeying them, so he should have expected that this could happen.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He was elected, period?

Last I checked, there was a massive voter miscount and voter fraud in that last election. Before that, Gore won the popular vote.

So, when you pay an electoral college to elect you president, it doesn't constitute as stealing an election?

Sure, he was elected (twice), but by whom? Not by the people of this country. If you voted for Bush, you were the minority in the last two elections.

Election Stolen in my book.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I guess next time someone gets up to the mic to ask a crooked politician a question, they should just get straight to the point.

Rather than guiding the audience's thoughts toward a certain conclusion (this being that Kerry only ran as a democrat in order to concede the election to fellow Boneheadsman, that being Bush, for a "fix" election), maybe he should have just called him a crook and a theif that's not fit for public office.

At least he would have gotten his point across before the tasing began.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So im curious, what amount of time should someone be allowed to talk in that situation? One minute, two minutes? This guy had what was coming to him in my opinion. Who knows how long he would have went on if he wasn't interrupted. If you had ten people like him get up and want to ask a question, your talking about an entire hour just for the question session of the speech. Common sense says that in a setting where you have a large group of people that questions should be short and too the point.

I can entirely understand the police trying to end the questions but im not in agreement with tasering the guy.

Also, you can tell by the video that the guy was getting a little worked up. What would happen if he had pulled out some sort of weapon and killed someone? Police now days are in a no win situation. If a situation occurs and they act premptively then they are considered to be overreacting. If they dont act and something bad happens then they are repremanded for not seeing the warning signs.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I noticed that whenever you see video of someone acting nutty at one of these things they all act very similarly, and say almost exactly the same things.

I think they might be part of an organization who sends certain people out to these events with the intention of causing a comotion and bringing attention to themselves or the organization.

Why do they all act hysterically when simply being ushered away for being distractive and potentially dangerous? They start acting hysterical at that point because they know what the cops response will be; to throw them down on the ground and hopefully taser them.

Watch the video, this guy looks like he hasn't bathed in awhile, he came off as very angry, manic. They still let him speak. Then while being ushered away in a normal manner this kid started becoming hysterical.

He knew they would throw him down on the ground if he started acting hysterically. This kid got exactly what he wanted. He got his attention, media, internet, etc.

Smart bastard.

BTW The students were all very "still" because they were afraid of a nut in their presence. Why would they all applaud? They saw/heard some details that we are not seeing.

*Also, there is a pattern to what these people do. They start getting hysterical, they get thrown to the ground (which is what they wanted to happen), then some woman or girl starts screaming something like "stop", leave him/her alone"

It's all staged and planned.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Does anyone have video footage of folks that are acting rational, polite, complying with instructions, minding their own business, getting tasered/roughed up by police?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here's a still frame from the OP's posted video, at by the way, the instant of tazering:

Yup, thats a full blown grin. It's not the only frame it shows up in either, and it grows from a smile. Hell maybe he's just grimacing...but that sure looks like a happy little face.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by jritzmann]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

They're laughing because the more experienced of them know this kid staged this whole thing.

If you were a cop, you would have to follow protocol. Someone resisting arrest, acting manic will get tasered. Did it ever occur that the cops are also nervous, scared, etc? They can't believe this kid pulled this stunt, so they deserve to laugh at the idiot.

Don't act like a nut and idiot if you don't wnat to get tasered and laughed at.

Now this kid is laughing all the way to the bank.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join