It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 minutes BEFORE the student got tasered @ Kerry's Q&A

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by SBDAL

Indeed. There was absolutely no need to make a scene, he could have just huffed out of the building and then posted all over the blogosphere about how he was silenced at Kerry's Q&A. Instead, he ran amok and exposed himself for the attention whore he truly is.

Let's see how he handles the situation before you call him an attention whore.

I respect you keeping a balanced argument in this thread though.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

C'mon, he didn't go that far over his time limit! Not to mention, people always go over their time limits in these kind of things. Ever watch cspan? Should they all get tackled and tasered too?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

He was screaming at them to not taser him. You can even hear him say "if you let me up, I will walk out".

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Gandhi would get arrested and no one would hear what he had to say. Unless he insisted, then he would get tasered.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hybrid007

Last I heard he was coordinating a media blitz over this incident from his website.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyrossius Maxim

OK, let's review. He cuts the line, interrupts someone in front of him and asks three very loaded questions without letting Kerry finish the first one. The cops are not unjustified in their prediction that this kid is just out to cause trouble, and furthermore, they give the kid a chance to prevent the situation from escalating.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

OK, let's review.

Are you watching a different film to me?

The guy was obnoxious, quite clearly, but was not given any good reason from any of the security staff for his forcible ejection and had every right to dispute it.

The tasering was unjustified and should qualify as assault.

We are going round in circles here. I concede the guy acted like an idiot but he was no threat to anyone. Particularly against 5 security staff that could of quite easily of removed him from the room without resorting to unreasonable and potentially deadly force.

I'm not only digusted at the film but also by peoples attempts to justify thier actions.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by myowncrusade]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyrossius Maxim

Gandhi would get arrested and no one would hear what he had to say. Unless he insisted, then he would get tasered.

In todays world Gandhi would be lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Sir you must buy clothing from England and not wear home made clothing, that is in violation of the law that does not allow India to make any textiles, England can not have textile compition."

Zap, zap, zap, zap, zap,

Red tasers yellow tasers green tasers

zap zap zap zap zap.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Tasers are child's play compared to what Gandhi routinely subjected himself to. Fastings, beatings, imprisonment, assassination attempts (one of which was successful), all these were par for the course for Gandhi.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
People should not wonder about why this happened, what is most instructive is how the audience remained as spectators, except for one or two that used there words and were told to back off. When something like this happens I wonder why people just sit back and act like nothing is happening? People are too mesmerised and not active or awake to their surroundings, all it would have took were a couple of big guys standing with him to ward off the fascist demons, and if they attacked like they did, it would have been met with equal defensive force in return. No one I don't care what sedated forum they are talking in, no one has a right to forcibly remove someone that has not forcibly attacked anyone. Asking questions of a politician is the job of informed citizens, the police deserve to be fired, sued and maybe even the fat purse of the school needs to be shaken into this kids pockets, since they promoted an event in which a student was tasered because he asked questions the organizers didn't like. Excuse me, open forum, open debate = violence directed towards people that don't ask the "right" questions? The people that tasered him are fools and the fact that nobody did whatever it took to prevent this "gangster" like thugery from happening shows the cowardice of people when confronted with violent predators in their midst. It's easy you place yourself inbetween the police and their intended victim, it's worked so many times in the past when a few people do this it literally stops them in their tracks. If Kerry were a man he would have walked off the podium and asked them to stop, he missed a golden oportunity and that my friends is why he lost the election, he was never intended to win, just to divert attention. They railroaded this kid and don't people remember when they did this to soviets and our government called it criminal. So that in light of this news makes the police very much a criminal entity. If a person breaks the law and wears a uniform they are still a "gangster" nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
WATCH THE OTHER VIDEO.
www.youtube.com...
its from a camera on the other side of the hall
the kid was set up.
the cops are standing 1 foot behind him before
he gets out of control.
I'll bet a lot of cash that is a Kerry flunky
put there for that exact purpose.
who is he to give orders to the police.
vp of crispy creme?

reply to post by corusso

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What I can’t believe is how many people are feeling sorry for this lunatic. Unfortunately, this seams to be the “norm” these days.

Ok, here it is. In a public gathering he was creating a disturbance, he was disturbing the peace. He was disobeying lawful orders from uniformed law enforcement officers to cease and desist his actions. He then disobeyed lawful orders to leave the area. He then resisted or obstructed the officers in the performance of their duties (removing him). He then resisted or obstructed the officers in the performance of their duties again (placing him under arrest). He broke the law (misdemeanors) at least 4 times. At any time during this incident, the use of that force necessary to gain compliance was justified and allowed by law.

The TASER was used to gain control of his left arm. He was ordered to stop resisting and to place his hands behind his back. He did not. If you listen to the video clip, you will hear the one officer struggling with his arm say “taser him” that is when he says “don’t taser me”. He still resisted. The next sound you hear is a click, click, click. That is the TASER cycling. The TASER when activated will cycle for 5 seconds then shut it’s self off, unless shut off by the operator. The female officer let it cycle for about 2 seconds.

We all make choices in our life, some good and some bad. This guy made his.

Maybe if he had conducted himself in a courteous fashion, asked (not yelled) his questions and allowed for the speaker to answer them, he would have got what he was looking for. Then again, maybe this is what he was looking for.

You can do and say just about anything here in the US, as long as it does not violate any law of the land, or infringe upon the rights of others.

I feel these officers did a fine job under difficult conditions. They do a job most people would not or could not do. They put their life on the line to protect the rights and lives of others who sometimes do not appreciate it much. Say what you want about them, you have a right to your own opinion as do I. Just remember who it is you call when you hear something go “bump” in the night.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I've never really dipped into the many threads about the so called, and supposed "Fascist" American Government. To be honest, the very idea sounds ludicrous, too far-fetched for words.

But, who could possibly believe that a modern Western Politician would resort to the same tactics a rather well know German leader did at the start of his career ie., having henchmen remove any dissenters from his meetings, by force.

Isn't America supposed to be the land of the free? Free speech, free thought, freedom of movement? Is it really the place where someone who starts to ask awkward questions of a public representative is arrested? Sure, the questions probably were'n t exactly what Mr Kerry wanted to hear, and may well be avoiding, but surely he could have handled the situation differently as opposed to letting the whole, shameful event happen?

There's no way a man of his standing, education and position could have missed all of the cameras in the hall. Did it not cross his mind the event would end up looking bad for him once it ended up on the internet? Or did he not care? That video turned my stomach.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

you have to go out and protest before you can get arrested for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Those are very good points and I agree with them. (Sorry if I came off a little snippy).

No, I don't think they should have tasered him. (He was already down on the ground right?)

If we all want to know why they tasered him........

Oh wait sorry, I am going to have to stop you there Sir, Snippy? some might even say manic...please Sir get off the forum as you are no long permitted to type your question., as don’t like it. No Sir please get off and come with me now.

Right he does not want to come out off this forum, he is resisting by not moving with us and he wants his human right to free type, in order ask some other poster some questions.

Right taser him guys.

Yes that young lad (for asking a question and not wanting to leave) in the school today and maybe your son or daughter (for looking at the wrong person, in the incorrect manner) tomorrow.

Don't you see and understand that you won't even have the right to ask why he was tasered, or even voice an opinion on it, if things keep going down this road.

Maybe is was a joker, maybe not. The point is, they used a device that can cause harm to people and even kill in some cases, on a student, who wanted to ask a QUESTION!

With this in mind, take a long hard think about your nation's future and that of your children. Because if this becomes acceptable today, then tomorrow will see a new force, on a new generation, that will make this event look weak.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by InterWeb]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I say as many have, what the # did he do ? Just askd some questions about iraq, skull & bones etc. This makes me sick, free speach my ass. Come on hes a student not a treath against national security, or did they get nervous when he start asking about the skull and bones ?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I keep reading the same thing over and over again in this thread...

"He has a right to freedom of speech", or

"So much for freedom of speech in the US."

I firmly believe that fewer than 1 person in 10 understands what the First Amendment really means and the protections it ensures.

It does not mean anyone can say anything they want anytime they want and do it while behaving in any manner they want. This person (at U of F) was on the campus of a private university that has a right to enforce its own rules and code of conduct as long as those rules do not violate state or federal laws.

If he, or anyone else thinks the actions of the U of F officers were illegal, they can bring charges and argue the case in a court of law.

That's how it's done in a free republic.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

OK, let's review. He cuts the line, interrupts someone in front of him and asks three very loaded questions without letting Kerry finish the first one. The cops are not unjustified in their prediction that this kid is just out to cause trouble, and furthermore, they give the kid a chance to prevent the situation from escalating.

so pre-emptive policing is ok with you? you wouldnt mind if the police came to your house looking for coc aine without a warrant?

give me a break, they didn't even place him under arrest or charge him with anything.

"sir, we are tasering you for what you are about to do..."

what situation did they give him a chance to prevent? what was he charged with? what law was he breaking?

asking a loaded question out of turn is a legal issue? what legal issue is that? please defend your stance.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb

Originally posted by Electro38
Those are very good points and I agree with them. (Sorry if I came off a little snippy).

No, I don't think they should have tasered him. (He was already down on the ground right?)

If we all want to know why they tasered him........

Oh wait sorry, I am going to have to stop you there Sir, Snippy? some might even say manic...please Sir get off the forum as you are no long permitted to type your question., as don’t like it. No Sir please get off and come with me now.

Right he does not want to come out off this forum, he is resisting by not moving with us and he wants his human right to free type, in order ask some other poster some questions.

Right taser him guys.

Yes that young lad (for asking a question and not wanting to leave) in the school today and maybe your son or daughter (for looking at the wrong person, in the incorrect manner) tomorrow.

Don't you see and understand that you won't even have the right to ask why he was tasered, or even voice an opinion on it, if things keep going down this road.

Maybe is was a joker, maybe not. The point is, they used a device that can cause harm to people and even kill in some cases, on a student, who wanted to ask a QUESTION!

With this in mind, take a long hard think about your nation's future and that of your children. Because if this becomes acceptable today, then tomorrow will see a new force, on a new generation, that will make this event look weak.

Good points, but really I was just making the argument that this doesn't have anything to do with the US government becasue it happened on private property. Those security guards weren't gov officials, or even city police officers, were they?

I don't think they should have zapped him, what if he had a heart condition?

I'm just making the distiction that there's a difference between private property, and a private event held in a private institution.

Just to give you an example of where I'm coming from, I am angry about seeing city or state police officers zapping people who don't immediately comply with their demands. Such as what we're seeing in that new video.

My bottom line is that this isn't proof that america is a fascist state because that kid's incident didn't have anything to do with the american gov. it was all private property, privately hired security guards.

Maybe its evidence that the U of FL is run by fascists and people who don't believe in or uphold our rights.

This had nothing to do with the american gov. or the american people wimping out.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yet another symbol of our continually devolving fascist government. I've only been able to watch it once since its horribly painful to watch. To imagine that a country built on rebellion has become so docile as to let this happen without some sort of uprising sickens me. Even just 20 years ago those security guards would have been faced with a roaring crowd. Being 21 myself its disturbing to know that people in my age group would do nothing to thwart injustice.

To be completely honest, if I was there they would have had to taser me too...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join