It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 minutes BEFORE the student got tasered @ Kerry's Q&A

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Even if he did want to educate people, this is not the most effective way to do that...

I WILL agree with that. Although, still, what was illegal?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

And to add to this statement of what was illegal, why didn't the police let him know what he was being arrested for. Isn't it their job to read you your rights and to inform you of why you are being arrested?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by myowncrusade

Sitting on people can suffocate them...there are many documented cases of that happening. The taser is still a superior method, under most circumstances.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hybrid007

OK, in case you missed the post, the crime was disturbing the peace. Do you think giving the boy a speech on what he was being charged with would make any difference, what with him screaming bloody murder and all that?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

LOL OK.

Cant really add to this reply without getting rude and I only added this to avoid a 1 line post.

PS I've been meaning to ask what is an arcanist? I get the Uber bit.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by myowncrusade]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by myowncrusade]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

Originally posted by giorgio
Did you see how scared they looked when he was just speaking?

sheep

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

True, true............

But I didn't hear them say anything when he was asked what he was getting arrested. I understand you looking at it from the officers point of view, but even with that, I don't agree with what happened and still feel Kerry could have done more than he did.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by myowncrusade

VERY obscure dungeons and dragons reference. In the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, there is a fallen ancient empire called Netheril. Netherese mages are known as arcanists.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
that kid had legitimate questions and deserved to get answers! that could have been any of us. what no balls kery should have done is stood up for him and he would have gotten more respect, but nooo he acted like he didn't see it or knew it was happening! what a wuzz!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I see. Thanks Uber, I initially thought you'd spelt anarchist wrong. Makes alot more sense now.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm disgusted. This is alarming, disturbing, troubling, sick and clearly an example of something which will end well for that fellow. I'll say it here and now, he will win his court battle with the school over this. I am appalled.

John Kerry is a member of Skull and Bones, and his response by silence to this disgusting police-state-like violence is a clear example of how this kind of thing is dealt with by those who control the strings at the top.

I repeat, I am disgusted.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

The kid created a scene, and the officers, who weren't used to responding to such chaos overreacted...I don't see this as some piece of some kind of orchestrated whatever.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nothing against anyone's opinions, it is just weird how most people first agreed with me about how I felt about this early on, and after maybe the 7th or 8th page, it changed to people calling him a doofus. The more I read about him, I do realize that he has done staged stuff and pre meditated things, but this seems different to me. He only started freaking out when the officers put there hands on him, and he wanted to make it clear to the audience that this was wrong and shouldn't be happening. He was trying to get a point across while officers were subduing him. I do not believe his plan was to get tackled and tased, but simply to ask a couple detailed and well drawn out questions to Kerry. I agree, he was putting Kerry on the spot, but what kind of reporter doesn't put people on the spot, it happens everyday. It was the coordinators fault for not letting him finish his questions, that would be rude to me if I was at a hearing, speaking my mind, with emotion and confidence, and someone turned my microphone off like I was some rambling drunken idiot not making sense. He had legitimate questions, and didn't become rude until someone else did. He even kissed his ass a little bit by telling him, "Hey, you should be the president right now man!""Why didn't you do anything about it?"

[edit on 20-9-2007 by SpadeofAces]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Then you're blind to the truth. There should have been absolutely nothing threatening in what the kid was asking. In response to the Skull and Bones question, Kerry could simply have answered, "Yes, I was a member but that's the only comment I'm going to make on the matter."

Check out this video. The angle is different, and it clearly shows a Kerry handler (on the right) give the "neck cut" gesture as soon as our boy asks the Skull and Bones question. Is that not "orchestrated"? I would say so.

youtube.com...

The fact is, this kid was onto something in his line of questioning. The powers-that-be hate that kind of thing. Are any of you people old enough to remember what happened in Ohio? Guess not... Google it, kids. 4 dead. Is that the next level this will get to? I wouldn't doubt it, at this rate.

Wake up. The alarm clock is going off...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpadeofAces

He didn't let Kerry answer the questions! How is that legitimate inquiry!?!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpadeofAces
Nothing against anyone's opinions, it is just weird how most people first agreed with me about how I felt about this early on, and after maybe the 7th or 8th page, it changed to people calling him a doofus. The more I read about him, I do realize that he has done staged stuff and pre meditated things, but this seems different to me. He only started freaking out when the officers put there hands on him, and he wanted to make it clear to the audience that this was wrong and shouldn't be happening. He was trying to get a point across while officers were subduing him. I do not believe his plan was to get tackled and tased, but simply to ask a couple detailed and well drawn out questions to Kerry. I agree, he was putting Kerry on the spot, but what kind of reporter doesn't put people on the spot, it happens everyday. It was the coordinators fault for not letting him finish his questions, that would be rude to me if I was at a hearing, speaking my mind, with emotion and confidence, and someone turned my microphone off like I was some rambling drunken idiot not making sense. He had legitimate questions, and didn't become rude until someone else did. He even kissed his ass a little bit by telling him, "Hey, you should be the president right now man!""Why didn't you do anything about it?"

[edit on 20-9-2007 by SpadeofAces]

The last statement is so true.

I'm just to the point where I can't even get super upset anymore. The only thing I can do now is step my game up and my a stance for what I believe in. He basically gave me motivation and a sense of purpose, because I agree with him, but sometimes I allow people to make me second guess my self. NO NEED TO STAY MAD IF YOUR NOT GOING TO DO SOMETHING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. We can come here and vent, but it doesn't matter if we don't apply what we learn here to our everyday lives.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm all for freedom of speech, but when officers grab your arm to lead you away and you act the way he did... you're going to get taken down. If you keep fighting, they will tase you... I don't like it or necessarily agree with it, but that's the way things are. He should've have been more mature and agreed to leave.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SBDAL

Indeed. There was absolutely no need to make a scene, he could have just huffed out of the building and then posted all over the blogosphere about how he was silenced at Kerry's Q&A. Instead, he ran amok and exposed himself for the attention whore he truly is.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Manic? Wow. I guess we should all be monotonous, like Sen Kerry.

Protocol to stop freedom of speech? What?

What would happen if they let him loose? I'm sorry, I didn't see him foaming at the mouth!! What would happen? He might have asked another question - OH NO!!

And what if he did plan it? You mean he planned to show us how freedom of speech will get you tasered? Good! We need to be aware of this!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SBDAL

Let's see how the courts handle it. My bet is he takes them for a crapload of money. ( If anyone wants to make a side bet, I'm "all-in". )

We can chat on ATS all night and day about this event, but at the end of the tasering day, money talks. That kid's gonna get his.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by JRCrowley]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join