It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 minutes BEFORE the student got tasered @ Kerry's Q&A

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Check this bs out...

If the video does not work...here is the link to it-

You Tube Video

Unbelievable. So much for the spirit of inquiry being fostered at today's U.S. universities.

At least John Kerry answered the question, albeit unintentionally. Kerry stood by while Bush stole the election the same way he stood by while this student was tasered. Horrible. Not a fit leader.

The fascist, repressive response is not isolated or unusual.

I watched the video several times. There's something strangely familiar about the whole scene. I think that the student who spoke up was probably the brightest, bravest mind in there. What is frightening as you watch the video is how passively most of the rest of the students looked on. They appear to be too scared to move.

------------------------------
Fixed vid link

[edit on 19/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you for that link. I had heard so much talk about Mr. Meyers " rambling " before his tasering, but hadn't seen it yet. Yeah, he was out of control. I would say LMAO, but there's nothing funny here. At least he was released, by order of a prosecutor, don't know which one, and 2 officers were put on admin leave.

I still can't believe that an event like this ( and there are many others ) doesnt unite all Americans to stand up to this facism that's creeping into our nation. I was appalled at the criticism this brave student received even on "progressive" web sites ( like dailykos.com ).

I guess we only have freedom of speech if we don't get too close to the truth.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is unfathomable to think of something like this happening. If I was there, I would honestly be so mad, I would LOVE to just see an uprising of 20-30 people in that room, walking up to those officers, and dealing with it themselves. If people pulled him out of officers grips, sure they could possibly get arrested later, but I'm sure they would go home feeling great about what they stood up for, and what they did for that young man. But no, let's all just sit around this room and let this kid take it. People make me sick sometimes, correction, ignorant, feeble minded people make me sick. My body is just filled with anger watching this video over and over again.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpadeofAces

Absolutely agree with you. Begs the question, " How many people could they arrest?" A lot , I think, although it would still be worth it to make the point, and to be a Patriotic American.

Question for you: did you hear about the huge anti-war protest in DC on the 15th? I didn't see anything on the mainstream media, but estimates were in the 100,000 people range. I saw some photos - also saw literally busloads of arrests.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpadeofAces
It is unfathomable to think of something like this happening. If I was there, I would honestly be so mad, I would LOVE to just see an uprising of 20-30 people in that room, walking up to those officers, and dealing with it themselves. If people pulled him out of officers grips, sure they could possibly get arrested later, but I'm sure they would go home feeling great about what they stood up for, and what they did for that young man. But no, let's all just sit around this room and let this kid take it. People make me sick sometimes, correction, ignorant, feeble minded people make me sick. My body is just filled with anger watching this video over and over again.

I have only been able to watch the actual tazoring once. I cant watch it without getting really scared and really angry, so I dont. But I felt what you do now even after watching it only once.

Try to get students attention about this, use posters, flyers, meetings, youtube, whatever it takes. And refuse to take Prozac like the other sheep.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow, no, I didn't hear how many arrests were made that day, it is something to look into though. Protests are absolutely legal, except when protesters take it too far ( their own faults). And with thousands upon thousands of individuals to watch after, how could they pick and choose who to arrest, and keep track of every single person's violation?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Try to get students attention about this, use posters, flyers, meetings, youtube, whatever it takes. And refuse to take Prozac like the other sheep.

It takes more then just the students. This is happening all over America. I think more people should carry video-recording devices to catch these things when they happen, be it a random traffic stop, to a large event. As long as you don't make threats or say anything offending, you should never be arrested for speaking your mind. People can argue all they want, they have a right to. The more videos that people submit, the more evidence that the constitution is stuck in tiny little pieces on Politics' ass, while the majority of it is sitting in the toilet, defaced and defecated upon, just waiting to be flushed down the tube.

WHY DONT MORE PEOPLE GIVE A "F"?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by SpadeofAces]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The people in that school hall are representing of your whole nation right now, you are being taken from the rear and it seems like your just lying down.

After seeing that movie I can only say that your Government must be having it very easy, its not them that are too controlling, but indeed you that are so submissive.

It’s gone beyond shame after seeing something like that.

The world will talk about Tiananmen Square for years and when they do, where will you hang your heads?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
The people in that school hall are representing of your whole nation right now, you are being taken from the rear and it seems like your just lying down.

After seeing that movie I can only say that your Government must be having it very easy, its not them that are too controlling, but indeed you that are so submissive.

The world will talk about Tiananmen Square for years and when they do, where will you hang your heads?

and your solution is... to guilt forum members into action?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Unbelievable! The guy wasn't doing anything wrong. I thought in a democracy the government was supposed to serve the people. He's entitled by law to ask Kerry anything he chooses. It's not like he was even disruptive, until the police started man handling him. Then to taser him, over and over is absolutely disgusting. I guess that's the reason I have no respect for people in authority. Quite alot of them are nothing more than subservient sheep, completely devoid of any morals or ethics. As for kerry standing by and doing nothing. What an utter piece of trash.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What makes me mad is that everyone clapped when he got tossed, thats bullcrap. Of course you expect me to say "if i were there...." which I'm not going to do because if I was there I wouldn't of went of fought the cops but I definitely wouldn't of cheered that the cops are trying to be mr tough guys and are fighting with this guy who was just talking and got arrested for no reason

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
FREAKING AMAZING! The poor guy just asked a question and wasn't resisting arrest if being arrested is what you could call that. What charges are they bring him up on, speaking his mind? WOW, I fear for America and our free thinking children. Welcome to America home of the brave who get tasered! Welcome to police state USA all.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This made me sick to my stomach. I just can't believe this actually happened in a 'free' society. That whole group of officers should be put on trial - not sure how many of his constitutional rights were violated, let alone unjust use of force (not US citizen here). The guy only got ticked off because they kept aggravating him.

Good lord, what is going on.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Warning, the continued willingness to follow leaders is getting us nowhere...

Obviously.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
On the one hand, he was resisting arrest. Did it require the use of a taser? Probably not. I can't be totally upset with the officers as they were just trying to do their job, albeit poorly. I think maybe some decision making skills and critical thinking skills need to be taught to our nations law enforcement. Not that I don't respect them for putting their lives on the line everyday, but really. Everyday it seems we hear of our supposed protectors abusing power and using unneccessary force. What's going on? Are we slowly becoming cattle ready for slaughter, marching up the gates oblivious of our future?

What crime was being committed? Wasn't he just using his freedom of speech? Did those officers not take American History in high school and read about the bill of rights? What happened did not justify anyone standing up there for him. It wasn't that big of a deal. But everyone who was there and who sees this video needs to recognize it for what it was. Slowly our rights are being taken away, a little at a time, so we don't notice it at first. Soon, every move we make will be watched, maybe even now.

Where will it end? When we will stand up for OUR rights? How much longer until we are no longer free?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Man...this video left me speechless. I thought it was bad enough when I saw a 'history' channel documentary about torture that basically made every country but the US look bad, now this.

Is the US really at the stage where the law/government can get away with disgusting acts like this?? Sure the guy was beginning to act inappropriate, but that was certainly no reason to try and arrest him, let alone taser him when he simply demmanded to know what they were arresting him for.

I look forward to the next US election where hopefully the world can get some of the monkeys that are currently running the show out of the white house and maybe get things back under control. The way it's heading, the US truly is "going the way of rome".

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He was going off on a mad insane rant, but really was that against the rules?

Also anyone else notice he sounds like Dane Cook?

...sorry I felt the need to point that out for some reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb

Shame is right. We should all be ashamed. You are 100% correct. We sit in our comfortable living rooms, in debt up to our eyeballs, watching our big screens with an imported beer in one hand and the remote in the other.

And that's just where this government wants us. Comfortable. They make sure the masses can get easy loans to buy their houses and easy credit to fill them up with stuff to make them comfortable so when a man gets tasered by the authorities, we won't take any action because we've got all this STUFF to pay for and we can't AFFORD to make a stink. We'll just sit in our comfortable houses and type on our computers so we can feel like we're doing something about it.

Originally posted by scientist
and your solution is... to guilt forum members into action?

And yours is to make a smiley face at the truth because it's so damn uncomfortable to hear?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
HA. I thought he sounded like him too.

I agree with people when they say he was getting out of hand with a rant, but still, no reason to tase the guy who kept asking, "Why are you arresting me?" I bet half of those cops didn't want to do anything about it, but it took some initiative by that first female cop to get the other officers into it as well. If he had kept talking, he would have eventually finished a minute or 2 down the road; Voices would not have been raised, human contact would not have been made, and everything would have gone along fine. He's not an idiot, and he certainly didn't want to make himself look like an idiot either...he even brought the book as a prop for his opening remarks to Kerry.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
[edit on 19-9-2007 by SpadeofAces]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join