It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really the end...of the world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
thats kind of exactly what i thought

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I studied meteorolgy in the Navy and my instructor said global warming is a load of BS. The Earth goes through heating and cooling phases. Believe it or not but its 1000s of years to come out of an ice age and that is what is happening now. For those who says its real, there is no way for scientists to know what the temps were back then. We can't even predict the weather more than 36 hours ahead of time.

With respect, your instructor doesn't know a lot about climatology. For the past few thousand years the earth has actually been cooling ... until recently. If we don't know what temps used to be, how do we know it's not warming
And weather is to climate what predicting the exact time all of tomorrow's trains arrive at is to predicting the number of trains that'll run next year is.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Not sure if I believe all this global warming/climate change thing. First its global warming, then its climate change. Is it getting warmer, or not?

It seems to me that CONSUMERS are being forced to change thier habits and not INDUSTRY. We are being told it is down to us. This climate change just appears to be the latest profit-making trend for industry and the government to get green taxes from us.

We, individually, can only make a small impact and there is only so much we can do, only so much we can recycle. Industry can make a bigger difference. It can reduce packaging, transport goods in an environmentally friendly way (canals, trains, use locally produced goods), airports can limit flights to cut pollution (with the internet do we really have to make all those flights?).

I am happy to recycle everything - just tell me how, walk instead of using my car (public transport anyone?), switch things off rather than to standby which seems to be on EVERYTHING (very easy to swtich tv off as it is getting quite rubbish of late) in fact why dont we have a power down overnight so that we can reduce electricty production, conserve water (leaks that just get ignored). I would love to have solar panels on my roof (but they are sooo expensive), to have wind farms in the north sea (actually these would be OK on land too. Why not combine these with our mobile phone transmitters lol).

I am sure if the government REALLY interested in making a difference it would do all it could and it has the power to do more.

Afterall, when the government REALLY wants something to happen they just go ahead without consultation and do it and we get told this is whats happening (ID cards anyone?).

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There also seem to be alot of predictions for 2012. (i know 2012 are alot of threads, but i just wanted to see if anyone has anything on that)

This ia what everyone should be thinking about! Plenty of info. to look up! Decide for yourself!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree that the government has the power to do just about anything they want.
The industries seem to still be producing as they were, although none of them want to help out. Sure they have solar powered businesses, but if it really is so "scary" for the government, why don't they do something.

so ya i totally agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join