It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A forest on MARS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Is it just me or am I the only one whose starting to get pissed off at the continuing coverup by NASA and the rest of our government with regards to these kinds of monumental finds. Just what is going on in our solar system? It's about time they come clean.

I have a sinking feeling that when they do announce ET's or life on Mars, they will still be lying about what it all means. At best any disclosure will be to move towards some kind of one world government.

Ill explain..a galactic struggle for freedom against mind controlling and manipulative evil from many different races of beings all vying for space to live, and ability to excersize their views as dominant.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by arktkchr

...this link was on Rense today, looks like legit forests, woods on Mars w/ some close-up photography. Could their conditions sustain pine tree-like growth? There is also evidence of lakes, oceans....

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by arktkchr]

The link is not working. Maybe find another link?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by toogood

I don't remember if these are the same photos, but if there are not at least they are the same type of "thing". You can see them here

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

erm You do know Sir that NASA is not the only agency in the world that has access to pictures from mars ....right ?

But like I said I am not debunking anything , i really want that forrest to be true because then everybody would see that nasa tries to cover it up but I jsut wonder why all the other agencies (japan , russia , germany , china , etc) have not said a word? Or are You telling me all of the agencies in the whole world are covering it up ? Because if that is the case then well we are fracked :/

@armap - I am very much aware what caps represent on the internet , but this time I wanted to use them to point something out and I think this was my mistake as I should have used bold instead of caps and I am sorry for that

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Thill]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The link from the OP did not work for me, but you can look at a lot of forest photo's on Joseph P. Skinner site

Skinner websiet Forests on Mars Buildings on the Moon

Have Fun!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And look at this beautiful picture of waterice in a crater on Mars. Genuine photo from ESA

Click on the cross in the downrightcorner to see it fullsize.

With such a beautiful icelake there must be some icefishing going on!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here's another thread (from mikesingh) that shows a picture of what was purported to be trees on Mars, but once the area was looked at close-up with higher resolution cameras, the true nature of what was claimed to be "trees" was revealed. (I think these were different than the OP, but I can't get the OP link to work)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The moral of the story is this: Just because a feature on Mars "sort of looks like" a forest does not mean it really is a forest, especially when viewed a little closer.

For those objects in the OP to be trees, they would need to be HUGE (much larger than office buildings) considering the resolution of the photos.

and infamouskiller...

I don't think NASA has ever positively denied the existence of water on Mars, and in fact, back in the 1970's they championed of the idea that water existed under the soil on Mars as permafrost, when some other scientists said it was 100% dry.

In fact, NASA's whole approach to studying Mars for the past 10 years or more has been called (by NASA themselves) a "follow the water" approach. That sounds very much to me that they have been convinced that water exists on Mars...and in fact last year THEY were the ones to show proof that liquid water may still run on Mars from time-to-time. See this link:
www.nasa.gov...

EDIT: Spelling and grammar, as usual

[edit on 9/20/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

[edit on 9/20/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The ice caps are water,duh. It is melted at the edges where we crashed some unsterilized fuel tanks and introduced life. I put forth this theory to some Langly scientists and they agreed over dinner that I might be right about life on Mars.
Forests, no.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

The Martian Polar Caps are not water ice.

The Martian Polar caps form (and grow and shrink seasonally) beacuse the atmosphere condenses and freezes at the poles. Since the Martian atmosphere is 95% Carbon Dioxide, the Polar caps are frozen Carbon Dioxide (dry ice).

Some scientist think that there may be liquid water under the polar caps, but liquid water is "fleeting" on the surface of Mars -- the atmospheric pressure is so low that liquid water evaporates into water vapor very quickly.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Why are my POSTS being deleted??? I responded to your post, Thill. It was a long response. I dunno why they deleted it. It had no offensive language or insults in any way in it. nothing! But yeah I do know that there are multiple space agencies in the world. They are all under the guise of muliple competing space agencies, anyway.... and they would very much like to keep our knowledge of life elsewhere in the universe to a bare minimum, meaning "oh its possible", "Oh there may be bacterias in this rock here."... but not vegetation on mars. If there was vegetation on Mars, then WHAT ELSE is on Mars? and WHY is NASA lying about the atmosphere???

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So what? What good does finding a forest on mars do except making some of the debunkers riled up? The disclosure of alien life will not do jack to your life.

The day after the official disclosure, you still go to work, eat some vegitarian masala, make a little love, go about your life like a pathetic little animal that has no real purpose and farsight into why we are "intelligently given" or "randomly given" life on a random planet.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'd like to ammend my post (about 5 posts back) where I said that the gully deposits on Mars represent proof of water...Well, it looks like now (in an article dated yesterday) that some scientists think those gully deposits are actually caused by landslides of fine, dry material rather than flowing water.

That still does not change my original assertion that some NASA scientists has said all along that water exists somewhere on Mars.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
...goto the marsanamoly.com site, they've got updated photos dating from 2000 to 2007 of numerous forests, woods, running (?) water, icey caps and some strange hole in a ice cap that looks like a meteor or satellite crashed in, it's updated all the time, the recent images of drifting sand on dunes are unreal, look artificial. some of the lakebed/shoreline photos are great too.

The Phoenix lander is scheduled to goto the poles? Doesn't arrive until May 2008, maybe it'll be a start to disclosure; strange that before an 'official' moonbase in 2020, there'll be 'space tourism' w/ a space hotel by 2012. For the elite w/ money who prob are in the know already, once off Earth I imagine you can tell asap if other life is out there.

Always go back to that Drake Equation////

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From what i understand Mars will be very close to our planet this December. Well couldn't we send men to mars while is closer to us? I don't that just makes to much sense to me. So most likely NASA will have something planned for that event. Whether we hear of it our not. Let me see if I can find a link...

science.nasa.gov...

But in retrospect, what if they were on the planet as it got farther away? i guess that could be an issue . I think it would be worth it. -
cpNJ

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

According to ESA (the European Space Agency):

The mapping and spectral analysis by OMEGA has shown that the perennial deposits on the Martian South Pole are of essentially three types: water-ice mixed with carbon dioxide (CO2) ice, tens-of-kilometres-wide patches of water-ice, and deposits covered by a thin layer of CO2 ice.

And this is what they think is the reason for the presence of that water ice on the South pole.

The model has shown that water at the North Pole was in an unstable condition and was easily transported to the South Pole in the form of water vapour, to then re-condense and freeze on the surface. Up to 1 millimetre of water ice was deposited at the South Pole every year. After Mars has spent more than 10 000 years in that climatic configuration, this accumulation led to a layer up to 6-metre thick.

So, the presence of water ice on Mars is not only proved, they even think that the changing in climate makes that water ice travel from pole to pole as water vapour.

Source

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Maybe part of the reason for the secrecy is religion. Many of them are so close minded that seeing something like this may possibly cause some real big problems politically. Just a thought. I've always thought there would be life on Mars. I believe this pictures. It makes sense to me. Imagine, soon, we'll all be confronted with alien life forms and alien eco system, totally different from what we accepts on earth as standard life. This is really exciting. What next? ruins of ancient civilizations on the surface? Possibly a race of beings who relocated underground from the Martian surface are still down there? What if these Martians are actually our ancestors?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join