It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send Your DNA Billions of Years Into the Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Who knows where you will be 2 billion years from now ?

The BeInSpace project will send human genes and memes to outer space, to other galaxies, thereby giving them an eternal life, spreading humanity conciseness.
Beinspace will send any kind of digital information, any kind of Meme, such as books, Blogs, viruses, images, ideas worth spreading, videos, animations, songs, web pages, personal space, public spaces.
We also collect Genes (DNA). protecting the billions of years of evolution that are folded within each of our cells, and assuring that a part of us will float in deep space far into the future. Users will receive a simple kit for collecting the DNA. After they return it to us, we will separate the DNA from the cell, and send it to outer space with a space shuttle.

source

I was surprised, when I actually further googeled on this idea.

Rocket is also one of four New Zealanders – among 200 people from 30 countries – who have signed up for $256,000-a-seat space flights with Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic.
That flight is scheduled to lift off from New Mexico and climb 109km above Earth's surface some time after 2009.

countdown to launch kiwi rockets

...... or "storage the message in a DNA bottle on hidden locations on the planet (or on the moon?)"!?

using DNA to send messages into the distant future
message in a DNA bottle

Would you send your DNA? Would you be comfortable giving your DNA to some company?

Is there a possibility that we already have done this: launched human DNA via numerous mission to Mars or Venus?

And finally: are we the DNA from our ancestor from the future? I mean... if we can do it now...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How bout this one: The DNA we launch into space goes through a wormhole, thus traveling through time, returning to Earth in the distant past and playing a role in the origin of mankind...Just kidding, but what if...

But on a more serious note, what's with the part about viruses???

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cynical572

For all you know life on Earth may have started with alien DNA sent out to be "immortalised" in this manner.

Kind of like in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, The Chase

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So around 400 of the world's richest and presumably most influential people are all gonna get on a shuttle into space?

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for the NWO to stage some 'accidents' and move into the power void.

Not that I'm giving them hints or anything...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

Oh...I think, you may be not very far from the truth

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Bacteria like Salmonella have a complicated immune system that helps them recognize and isolate foreign DNA trying to invade their cell membrane, according to a University of Washington-led study i

source

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blue bird

The part that kind of alarms me is that some company offers a service where one could pay to launch "viruses" into space. What could possibly be positive about that idea???

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Bacteria , I think, is ideal capsule to put human DNA in ( not to mention that we humans have overwhelmingly bacteria cells , and evolved from bacteria - in fact, , now that we encoded human genome - we will find a lot of our evolutionary past ...possibly from the beginning) to survive in interstellar media.

Instead, Davis set about creating what he calls "an infogene, a gene to be translated by the machinery of human beings into meaning, and not by the machinery of cells into protein." His idea was to send a message in a bottle to extraterrestrials: to genetically engineer a sign of human intelligence into the genome of bacteria, grow them up by the trillions and fling them out across the heavens, to land where they may. Like Poetica Vaginal, the real message was of course aimed not at aliens, but at a public that has yet to digest the fact that DNA can encode any information, not just genetic sequences.

For his bottle, Davis chose E. coli, a bacterium on which humans depend for proper digestion and one that, in NASA experiments, has survived more than five years of exposure to the intense cold and radiation of deep space. For his message, he selected Microvenus, a simple symbol--like a Y and an I superimposed--that is both a Germanic rune representing life and an outline of the external female genitalia.

source

[edit on 19-9-2007 by blue bird]

new topics

top topics

join