It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans pushed 'bogus' terror threat to expand FISA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As has long been suspected here on ATS, and elsewhere, terror threats have been created soley for political gain.

We have all heard the stories coming from homeland security stating that they have reports of an imminent threat, and nothing ever happens. Now we know why.

Republicans and the Bush administration used a 'bogus' terror threat that raised specific fears of an attack on the Capitol to scare lawmakers into adopting a dramatic temporary expansion of the government's spy powers last month, a former top intelligence committee Democrat said Wednesday.

Bogus terror threat

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What I don't understand sometimes is that all that is happening we have known for years.

Now, why in the heck congress doesn't have the decency to stop working for lobbyist and start taking care of the American citizens of this nation.

Impeach Bush and Cheney congress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sadly we all know that our politicians only works for personal gain, perhaps they need to be reminded that their seats are for grasp on the next elections.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I dont really need a news article to tell me this, its very easy to realize just by looking around you and using the brain. But sure, its always nice to see it in written "semi-official" form.

They have been doing it since World War 1. Watch Zeitgeist.

join