It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens contributing to technology

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
does anyone really think the powers would make public any technology they attained via contact with ET's!?

we never see the real advanced technologies whether they are sourced from man or ET's,just the dreggs,the unimportant fragments they can make a profit out of to continue building and researching the juicy stuff.

But somewhere, supposedly, if other more advanced technology exists, there must be somebody studying it to try and figure it out, because you never know where your next gold mine will be.

Unfortunately, if there are such things as psychic radio amplifiers/ transmitters that can bypass the speed of light limitation, or some other exotic technology that we don't have a conceptual framework for (living metal?), there doesn't seem to be any indication of them being put to use anywhere. Maybe there's a machine tucked away in some government lab that transmutes chicken bones into dilithium, but who would know? It's hard to hypothesize about things we have no evidence for.

Otherwise, all the supposedly "alien" stuff remains pretty mundane and not much more than you would expect from people throwing billions of dollars of research money at it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I personally don't think aliens have been giving us technology. I do believe they exist, as I have seen a craft in the 70s that must have been using anti-gravity, and while I think we have that tech now, I don't believe we had it then.

An earlier poster (sorry, but I can't find the original post) said this:

Aliens did contribute to technology in one way... if we think they might have it, we might try to develop it ourselves.

I suspect that's more along the lines of how it works. Our military may have recovered a craft, and if so, then there would be some reverse engineering of some sort going on as well.

For example, I am absolutely convinced that anti-grav, or propellantless propulsion, must be possible. How? Because I've seen it working. Assuming that our military has also seen it and that information has gotten to scientists, then they will at least know that it's not a question of if, but how. Knowing that makes it much easier to invest whatever it takes in resources, energy, and time to figure it out.

IMO, James Woodward's work at Cal State Fullerton is a prime candidate for a functional propulsion system that would work like something we'd call anti-gravity. Lots of info here: www.woodwardeffect.org...

I've thought about the fact that most scientific advancements that I'm aware of come with a human history. It's also been my experience that with enough study, they can be understood. I've even known some incredibly brilliant people who have built some seemingly impossible devices. As a result, I'm very skeptical that our advanced tech is cooked up in some back room with greys feeding info to humans. I think that more likely, those who don't understand feel better thinking that those who do could not possibly be their neighbor.

I believe that UFOs exist and that not all of them are of human origin. While we may not have much (or any) alien tech to reverse engineer, I do believe they inspire us to reach for discoveries and inventions that we otherwise might not think possible.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by lifestudent]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PLaprad

Very interesting, I find it ironic that according to ancient Hebrew texts such as teh book of Enoch it was the angels that taught the women charms and magic...Todays technology is advancing at an alarming rate, a little over a century ago we were riding horses and shooting revolving guns. I am convinced that somethimng other than human gave us our advancments.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join