It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens contributing to technology

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Horses to F22s in 100 years? Isn't that a bit vague and exaggerated? You are neglecting all the different technological advancements of humanity that occurred in incremental skips and jumps, and besides the combustion engine existed 100 years ago. Yes, I agree that a hand has been given in regards to earth technology, but it is certainly not how any of us can perceive it to be, and on top of it, earth's level of technology is pathetic compared to what is really out there.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why do you people have such little faith in the human mind? Must all technological wonders be automatically aliens? Are we that dumb in your minds?

Why would aliens bother with a doomed world as ours anyhow??

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Nevermind ^^

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Atlantix]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
I really want to believe in UFO's and aliens. I am sure they exist, and not all the pictures are fakes. I can not see them working with our government however. Apparently they are responsible for the technology boom we have through an exchange program or agreement. Where is this technology then? I have heard people say it is everything from cars to computers... but I can not believe that. ALL of our technlogy has a history you can trace, the car, plane, computer... all of it. None of it just appeared, it evolved from earlier ideas, and those from earlier ideas. I could totally understand if Henry Ford went from a model T one day to a lamborghini the next, but it didn't happen that way. I sure hope if we "borrowed" technology from a far advanced civilization the least we could do would be to get Windows to work right... although if they were running Vista could explain why alien saucers crash alot. Can someone explain what technology we have that we couldnt have come up with on our own?

You can 'trace' the technology, but it may have been as easy as supplying the appropriate person(s) with an idea, which led to the technology around us.... or maybe im wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Why do you people have such little faith in the human mind? Must all technological wonders be automatically aliens? Are we that dumb in your minds?

I would be inclined to agree with you although I find it somewhat interesting
how various inventions of the past seem like such common sense to us despite their effect on history. Outside of entertainment and killing I dont think technology has improved all that much, which leads me to believe humans are the down syndrome case of the universe. Somehow we can make an invisible bomber drop a bomb on a country that turns its entire populace to mush but it still takes 3 minutes to microwave a frozen burrito...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Man I wish you could provide this picture to us! That would be astonishing!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The ipod Nano is composed of grey reptillian hybrid technology. The headphones are based on NWO mind control technology because they have chips that are implanted automatically onto your brain thanks to the sound waves emitted from the device, so once you crank up the volume the chips go ACTIVE and the sound waves literally push them into your ear canal until it gets into your brain. So yeah, the ipod Nano is pretty evil guys watch out.

Anyone that disagrees with me must have a chip already implanted on their brain, thus the ignorance, please ignore these brainwashed sheep. Do not let the ipod Nano ruin your lives. Humankind FTW!!!

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Observer_PR]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
Okay here we go. #1 We need conflict, and bickering. Where do you think ideas come from? In a "utopian society with everyone in agreement, no progress would be made. If no one is pushing you to build something bigger and better, you won't. War contributes more to advancing technology then anything. That statment makes no sense. Without conflict, nothing would be accomplished. #2. Here is the biggest problem with all these threads... hi I'm Mr. so and so and I worked for CIA, AREA 51, fill in the blank with whatever. I have no proof of anything but here... I stop reading at that point. I have no clue who you are, and you are telling me a story that you can not possibly back up with any facts. If someone wants to come out with evidence... back it up. Post something scientific, I have a degree in physics. Tell me how antigravity works, unified field theory, anything that would be proof of higher intelligence and technology. Funny how so many people claim to work with aliens and technology in ATS yet don't know basic physics equations or principles. They claim, I can tell you aliens exist, but the aliens wont let me tell you anything more... really? they won't? But saying they exist, is a clear violation of whatever contract was made... that is okay? Telling me how this supposed technology they ALREADY GAVE US works isn't? Funny how that always works out. I dont even know where to begin with this one. Why make an agreement? Apparently UFOS buzz the country every day, crashing quite often apparently...they dont seem to care much about it being a secret. If they are going to abduct humans... lets see..abduct them from America where they have a huge military and nuclear defenses, or some third world country that couldn't detect them if they wanted too. You do the math. Why enter all these agreements for no reason. Just steal people from the Congo or something, no radar, no real military to deal with. It's the most logical choice. I'm sorry, they didnt give us any technology we didn't already have. Name one thing they gave us? Explain how it works? No one can... As far as them lying, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. We lied to the Indians, Spain lied to the "Mexicans", it's kind of what happens, and anyone who knows history will tell you that is the case when two cultures on different technology levels meet. Don't think our government back then wasn't aware of this, and would have expected that. It wasn't a surprise. Any facts in this story are so washed out with fantasy they are hard to pick out. Honestly, keep the kiddy stories to the kids. Some people on here like me actually have degrees and don't buy into these things. There are several good threads with proof I have a hard time explaining, and people who make compelling logical arguments. That's why I am here, not to listen to stories. You want to be taken seriously... back it up with proof.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by b309302]

Great response, this guy is all over the bbs selling his bill of goods.

He started on the MUFON board but could only recruit Suzanne, bobli, a few more and spotless into his following. So I guess now it’s up to you, don’t discourage him, encourage him because he needs a home here, not on MUFON.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by b309302

the least aliens could do is help us to get "windows" to work right--yes you are correct------oh please dont get me going-------whoever controls windows format-----i'm sure they hate us-------it certainly is not user friendly on this computer i'm typing thru right now.i waste more time fighting with it to get it to do what i want than what it is worth ----i sometimes think!-----there's got to be a better system than all the hoops added to hoops that microsoft wants us to jump thru-------if they ever come up with a computer that operates in a sensible fashion -please somebody let me know-----i'm not a genius yet like the microsoft guys "think" we are.i'm sure they must be on a vanity trip----trying to impress us as to how smart they are and how stupid we are by comparison?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
and Prometheus steals some fire from the hearth of Zeus and gives it to his mortals...old news

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by never_tell

Yes, but it is the gesture of the theft that made it so invaluable. Not to mention Promethius was severely punished for standing up for what he felt was the right thing to do. To risk the ultimate punishment in order to help those living in fear and ignorance, is truly a gift indeed.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

No, I have much faith in the human race. But come on, aren't you the least bit skeptical of how we went from riding horses to fiber optic networks and traveling into space within the span of 100 years?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Actually,I dont see how humanity could go from propellers to advanced piece of machinery such as F-22 in the brief timespan with a extraterrestrial intervention.

Now,I am not saying we humans are stupid,but we had more then 2.000.000 years since we evolved to get this technologicly advanced and we havent started doing anything technologicly sound until middle of 1700s.

Now can someone explain how in 300 years we went from being a agronomical to techological society in such a short timespan with out 'foreign' aid????

Sorry I was away for so long,forgot my password...and user name lol

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Now can someone explain how in 300 years we went from being a agronomical to techological society in such a short timespan with out 'foreign' aid????

Not trying to be a jerk smarty pants but here's a partial list of items that answers the question:

horse
not equating science with witchcraft
founding of the USA
Industrial Revolution in Europe
spinning jenny
coal-fired furnaces
steel industry
steam engine
telegraph
railroads
automobile
10 billion things from Thomas Edison
radio
Einstein
Wright Brothers
air conditioning
F22

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Heh. It is what I was told, and already said in this thread earlier. Proof is what you make of it. Also, Spain is believed to have inadvertently wiped out 95% of the indigenous peoples of the Americas. Sure they lied long enough to meet their leaders, take them hostage and build right over their civilizations. Lying has so little to do with the big picture, it is almost funny. Find the Truth for yourself and people will naturally seek you out. Whether you want them to or not. You want proof? Well, experience to me says that you will never find it if you continue this mentality.

Fox Mulder had the Truth from the very first episode of the X Files. One, the Truth is out there, two his sister was abducted by a group of beings who are committing the same thing against others, and will do anything to make sure no one gets in their way. He knew this, he already had the Truth, but he wanted proof. Proof is a dangerous thing, it is said the Truth will set you free, and it can, but people assume that the best way to it is to beat everyone over the head with whatever evidence they can find till people make a religion out of it.

You stare at proof all the time, but you would rather demand others to produce the next biggest and baddest evidence, when you have no right to demand it if you can't get up, stop expecting proof to drop in your lap, and do something about it. You really want proof? Then compile a list of supposed sites and areas where this evidence could be, spend the money required to get there along with the expensive equipment needed to properly document it, and put YOUR life on the line to get the 'hard facts'. I honestly don't think you really want that kind of proof, because it would cost you almost everything. Your money, time, credibility, and possibly your life are all at risk if you are truly willing to bring the proof into the public eye. Even if you were successful, most people just like you would ridicule your work and evidence, call you a crack pot and continually demand more and more evidence, no matter what you produced.

Hey, this got a little heated, so I apologize, however I do think this point needed to be made.

If any mods think this was too abrasive, then I will be more careful next time, as I try to be as cordial as possible.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by GideonHM]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee

No, I have much faith in the human race. But come on, aren't you the least bit skeptical of how we went from riding horses to fiber optic networks and traveling into space within the span of 100 years?

Nope, all things are conditional.

What do I mean?

Tech takes time.

The Romans probably would have discovered electricity had they not used lead pipes and been so worried about what's for dnner tonight (sound familiar?)

The human race would probably be 10,000 years into the future had the Ice Age never come.

Egypt probably would have been alot more advanced had it stopped worshiping a river

the USA is a free nation, therefore, new Ideas are not always destroyed. This lead to use being the tech center of the world.

Look at Japan- Horse to h2 car in 50 years. King to democracy at the same time. Contrary, Iran went from democracy to king. What tech has come from them in recent times?

The Middle east is an awesome example.

Lebanon: Pro democracy, pro America, Pro west= Paris of Arabia
Iraq: Complete opposite= completly stagnant of progress.

Humans are pesky people. If they are not happy or need a shortcut, something is invented, if they are happy and content, nothing happens. Sometime, they no not if they are happy o not.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well I'm sorry, I'm not with you on that one. If we did all those things in 100 years on our own, Star Wars would be a reality right now.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by b309302

No, the story is that the US government got contacted by the Greys in the 50's or earlier. They made a deal with the greys - abductions for technology. So thats why we have all these people getting abducted and the government denying its happening. In return, the government gets technology,..."

i think people who believe this are confusing a running thread of "The X-Files" with reality. i honestly believe that show has deluded millions into thinking that storylines created by Chris Carter are based on real facts. (My favorite show of all time, but nonetheless, its FICTION).

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
I saw a picture of a modern hard drive in 1969. It was found in a fishing net in the North Atlantic. I don't think disc type drives were in use then. Aliens may explain it's existance.

yeah, and I caught a flatscreen TV once in a river nearby, back in the 80's that is.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tynee

Tynee, I bet you that you feel that there are no parallels between what a human being writes (many of them for that matter) for a tv show, and the world those people live in. People take their experiences and use them to create everything around them, fact or fiction. I never said that the X files was anything more than a tv show, you tried to accuse me and millions of others of being deluded to the point that all paranormal belief can be chalked up to Chris Carter and his popular tv show.

It's funny you would say this after I referenced the show, but it was Mulder's quest for the proof to reveal the Truth that I referenced, not some mindless belief that the show was somehow exactly real. 2005 has come and passed, our society hasn't unraveled as the show stated it would, and I suggest that you take a serious look at what you believe, before you lump millions of people into a single category that could be construed as calling them all too stupid to be able to tell the difference between David Ducovny and his character Fox Mulder.

Don't agree with people from these forums, fine. Don't think for a second that just because you are comfortable with using broad assumptions to paint the world however you see fit, it makes you right, or your simple assumptions true.

Also, could you PLEASE separate your posts from other people's posts that you are quoting? I just can't tell who wrote your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join