It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens contributing to technology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PLaprad

That idea is certainly possible, but personally I don't think it's plausible, though. If the Aliens are really smart, they'd figure we'd eventually use the technology to kill each other, maybe even kill them eventually.

Edit: Grammar

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLapradThen there's always the theory it could just be tech developed by humans with no ET intervention at all. That's always a possibility.

This is what I agree with.
We humans are a crafty folk!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
From what I've heard the things we got from UFO's are, Velcro, Lasers, Radar, Nuclear power, Microwaves, optical Data storage, Microprocessors, Kevlar, and just about anything else under the sun.

Now that I think about it, maybe we got Windows from the Roswell crash, would explain alot, namely the word "Crash".

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
It wasn't suddenly and people were looking for something to replace vacuum tubes. It wasn't difficult to see that vacuum tubes are not the way forward with computers; they filled an entire room.

I think the first real computer occupied a 10 story building and 5 stories was just the air condition. All the computer did was basic math, about the same as my credit card calculator. Funny.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLaprad
From what I've heard the things we got from UFO's are, Velcro, Lasers, Radar, Nuclear power, Microwaves, optical Data storage, Microprocessors, Kevlar, and just about anything else under the sun.

Whoever told you that doesn't have much faith in human ingenuity. There is an interesting story of man's quest to solve a question for each and every one of those items.

I don't have the time to post them here, but if you really want to know, you simply have to google "History of (insert invention here)" and read what comes up.

And if you have time, you can go down to your local library and read about all those things. It is all well documented.

Edit: add third para

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Personally, I think if anything useful was taken from a crashed saucer, it would be designs and Metallurgy. We might not be able to reproduce the craft per se, but maybe we can get ideas for new alloys from it.

Like I said, I don't think we got much. If a craft were to crash, we'd have a hard time back-engineering anything useful. I believe that if anything, maybe we were assisted with ideas. But it could all be just human ingenuity, I've just forgotten that exists with some of the people I've met over the years.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
[edit on 19-9-2007 by b309302]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
interesting that the LCD and LED were also made by bell labs in 1967, about 20 years AFTER Roswell, could it be that the only Tech we got from aliens?

Extrapolation is useful in reverse engineering, maybe all we were able to figure out were the dashboard and lights.............

Just something to think about, facts that most people know off the top of their heads

everyone knows who made the telephone

everyone knows who made the radio

everyone knows who made the light bulb

quick, without Google, who invented AC/DC electricity?

who invented the process to created the process to make the modern CPU?

answers are below..no cheating.......

Bell

Marconi is credited but it was Tesla

Edison

Tesla

Kodak, yup, the process to make a Modern CPU is just a Picture emulsified in silicone. (chemically etched)

odd what you don't know about some of the most common things used today

[edit on 19-9-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by b309302

No, the story is that the US government got contacted by the Greys in the 50's or earlier. They made a deal with the greys - abductions for technology. [edit on 19-9-2007 by Copernicus]

So your telling us that aliens highly more advanced then we are had to have approvel by our government to abduct people in exchange for technology. riiiight!! Do you really think that aliens would let the government say to them look aliens you can abduct any person you want but we are not going to let you abduct people unless you give us some of your technology.
like aliens couldnt abduct people without the government knowing and even if the government knew how could they stop them
i rest my case

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think a lot of these scenarios are possible. for instance:

Reverse Engineering a craft: If this was happening, then I would believe that the aliens were truly dumping their garbage on this planet for us to play and learn from. If they are 10,000 years advance, there is no way we could figure out what was going on with whatever we were seeing let alone how to reproduce the manufacturing of such things.. So, they figured, give these people on Earth our space junk and let them enjoy it while we take what we want in exchange for whatever we want. Letting the people think that they are actually getting something from this "deal."

Compatibility: I enjoyed seeing that movie "Independence Day" with Will Smith. I love how they figured out how to destroy the alien craft with a virus. Amazing since it was obvious that the alien crafts were far more advanced then us with their ships and space travel. But yet, our virus program destroyed it.. I find this funny because we can't even get our own stuff to work together, such as windows with Mac and Unix and Linux, etc.. Let alone a device like palm and plug and play etc..

History of technology: Most of the stuff does take a lot of time in R&D before coming out. Most of the computers and servers were in design, testing productions many years before actually being released. And even the battery was actually invented back nearly 3,000 years ago in Egypt using standard clay jars, etc.. Not sure what it would be used for but it was documented that it was invented and tested. They were also doing complex brain surgery as well back then..

Trust me, I am one person that wants to and does believe in alien life forms around this vast universe. How much influence they have here on earth, it's anyone's guess, but it is fun to speculate what actually does go on behind those closed doors in labs and governments and bases.

I can assure you that there are huge armies of scientists and professors working non-stop on the next big thing or to make something already here much better and faster. That's just what they do and they love it!! It's a great challenge and if they don't produce something, then they may not get a money grant to further their research. So, everyone has to produce something...

my .000000002 cents..

[edit on 20-9-2007 by shadow_D]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
The fact that alien saucers apparently crash more then amtrack trains is just maybe another reason we really don't want their technology even if we had it.

Yes indeed that is funny. Perhaps however it is not failing alien technology but, more so the operator. To busy with the makeup in the rear view or talking on the phone. Maybe even to caught up in reading us chatting or viewing youtube.

On a more serious note:

I do believe that we would be foolish to think that out of millions of galaxies the only habital life is on our own planet. The variables are many to factor for a planet to be able to provide life this is why it is not near by easy for us to stubble on. However with billions more galaxies in the universe there must be life.
With that statement I am confirming to you my belief there are perhaps many alien races out there.
however I do not believe that we are incapable of creating what we have all on our own without advanced help.
technology has always been in an exponential rise do to the fact that there are many people that are rather crafty and smart in the world and always have been. As new gadgets where made some of us hunted for ways to out best the previous creator to make our mark, or to simply improve on a good idea, as well as the improvement in communication allowing great minds to work together. Not to mention folks stopped burning and drowning others in suspicion of being witches.
I have often thought however that ufo and history of man and the bible go hand in hand in ways. I have pondered many of my own theories.
are we our selves alian planted here? then evolution theories problly rule that out but not that perhaps god was a telepath alien that liked to trick us natives.
There sure is alot of things to think about so there is never an excuse of being bored.
any how that enough of my yap until I invade again.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Velcro.

That's what my friend told me. He reckons it's alien origin.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Velcro.

That's what my friend told me. He reckons it's alien origin.

Oh well, since I've got time...

The Invention of VELCRO ® - George de Mestral

By Mary Bellis

One lovely summer day in 1948, a Swiss amateur-mountaineer and inventor decided to take his dog for a nature hike. The man and his faithful companion both returned home covered with burrs, the plant seed-sacs that cling to animal fur in order to travel to fertile new planting grounds. The man neglected his matted dog, and with a burning curiosity ran to his microscope and inspected one of the many burrs stuck to his pants. He saw all the small hooks that enabled the seed-bearing burr to cling so viciously to the tiny loops in the fabric of his pants. George de Mestral raised his head from the microscope and smiled thinking, "I will design a unique, two-sided fastener, one side with stiff hooks like the burrs and the other side with soft loops like the fabric of my pants. I will call my invention 'velcro' a combination of the word velour and crochet. It will rival the zipper in its ability to fasten."

Here's a picture of the burrs he was talking about. Anyone who has walked in the countryside must have had encounters with these things.

By observing nature, humans can come up with fascinating inventions. Did you know that LCD display monitor technology required the observation of butterfly wings to become what it is today? Researchers were fascinated with how the butterfly can have such brilliant and vivid colours while only using very little pigment materials.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I''ve got it. Windows is alien technology. This explains why it doesn't run properly on any computer known to mankind, despite our best efforts. Windows functions in a way no reasonable human being can explain, and some sort of advanced A.I. (why you need so much RAM) constantly runs strange programs in the background that seem to serve no purpose that us humans can figure out. Once us humans finally figure out patches to make it work they release an update that actually crashes more then the last one. Wait till Windows 2012, it will be standard software that will take a bank of super compuers running in safe mode to even bootup. It's all a prequel to invasion, update by update. I think the guy who invented AOL is in on it too... =)

[edit on 20-9-2007 by b309302]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
when you think about it in an infinite universe there "is" is alien life forms intelligent and unintelligent and further more if you think about all of mans history and then come to the 1900's and present day look at the technological advances now why is it that in one century we make more advances than we made in our entire history? is alien intervention really that hard of a concept to believe? recently images of mars showed what seemed to be pyramids and astonishingly a face on the surface now if we go to Egypt what do we see?
correct pyramids and the face on mars looks very like the sphinx how did the ancient Egyptions get the millions of huge slabs of rock and make it into the wonderous pyramids we see? is it possible that aliens visited our ancestors many years ago and parted some of their wisdom and technology to us?.
there is a place in america were hundreds of cows are found slaughtered on the fields its a known alien conspiricy theory that the government made a deal with the aliens for technology but no one believes it no wonder massive cover ups are put in place with high precision but.... could it be true i think so have you ever wondered what happened at roswell was it a cover up? i think so we are pawns in a game we are to insignificant to understand we are led to believe we have some measure of control and understanding but no we are showed and told only what we really want to hear if the truth came out and we were told that we have had help from aliens what would we do? how could we fathom something like that when we cant even understand our own world once we have figured out this world then we can move on to other worlds but i stand by my opinion that aliens do work with the government or perhaps the aliens are simply playing a game with us they give us technology and see what we do with it and im sure they find it amusing that we destroy each other day in and day out but its up to you to decide what you believe in.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by jon shanow]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
we made more advances in the last century because of the discovery of electricity, and how to harness and use that power. It is the basis for all of our technology. It would be impossible to have what we have without electricity, thus up until it's discovery... we couldn't advance much further. It opened up new doors. Every new technology opens up doors that allow people to grow as a society. For example agriculture enabled people to settle lands and build cities and stop being nomads. It's just another step forward. The point is, no where in history did our technology suddenly appear like a gift on christmas. If we got/stole technology from aliens, then there should be a massive spike in technology somewhere with little if any history of development. Everything we have is plainly documented and shown to have a clear history in human ideas from its conception and development. There is no need or reason to say aliens gave it to us.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon shanow
when you think about it in an infinite universe there "is" is alien life forms intelligent and unintelligent and further more if you think about all of mans history and then come to the 1900's and present day look at the technological advances now why is it that in one century we make more advances than we made in our entire history?

No one in this thread (at least none that I see) is refuting the existence of extra-terrestrials. It would be highly anthro-centric (not to mention ego-centric) to think we are alone in the universe.

But at the same time, you've got to know history, and the history of technological progress is a remarkable story. To quote a line from a civ-building game I used to play extensively,

"Technological progress is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a data probe. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and better tools to fashion more precise tools. Each is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken."

In simpler terms, you can't produce a bicycle without knowing how to create a wheel.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
So your telling us that aliens highly more advanced then we are had to have approvel by our government to abduct people in exchange for technology. riiiight!! Do you really think that aliens would let the government say to them look aliens you can abduct any person you want but we are not going to let you abduct people unless you give us some of your technology.
like aliens couldnt abduct people without the government knowing and even if the government knew how could they stop them
i rest my case

This is just speculation, but...

I think they were going to abduct people one way or another. What happened(I think) is the grays wanted their identity to be kept secret, so the government negotiated technology for their concealed identity and abductions. And I'm sure the government didn't want to alert the public on this matter, either. I mean, how do you explain to the public that an advanced extraterrestrial race is abducting people for semen/eggs and there's nothing we can do to stop it?

[edit on 20-9-2007 by GeeGee]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
your right no one here is denying aliens and UFOs. Just that we get technology from them. If we do, either it's not much better then what we have because no one notices the difference, or its all hidden somewhere. I just started this thread because of the rampant reports that everything from Velcro to toilet paper is alien technology. I just wanted to see someone say... look all of a sudden we had "this". If they were right, I'd agree and say hey good find. But so far everything that anyone has brought up has a well proven history of good old human ingunity. I just like to play devils advocate. I would love to believe alot of the things I hear, but I do need some proof. Too many people on here believe everything without a shred of proof. You need skeptical people to do threads like this to weed out disinformation. It actually makes a stronger case for UFOs if we get the FACTS straight and everyone stops running around saying aliens invented socks. While i joke around on some posts (were here to have fun too)I will do more threads to encourage people to come up with "LOGICAL" arguments. Many people here have, and i appreciate that.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Since nobody is really brining any compelling evidence that my laptop came from an alien...what do you guys want to do next? I appreciate the support I get form several of you who actually do use logic in arguments. I got yelled at in a post I did earlier on a spaceship the size of Earth around Saturn. I simpily stated the obvious... if its that big why cant any yahoo with a telescope see it then... apparently it's invisible now (wasn't before the post)... even then I stated wouldn't a ship that big wobble the orbit of saturn or its moons a little bit. Apparently it has technology to cancel that out now (no one said anything about that before my post)... it gets ridiculous. You can't win.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join