It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens contributing to technology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I really want to believe in UFO's and aliens. I am sure they exist, and not all the pictures are fakes. I can not see them working with our government however. Apparently they are responsible for the technology boom we have through an exchange program or agreement. Where is this technology then? I have heard people say it is everything from cars to computers... but I can not believe that. ALL of our technlogy has a history you can trace, the car, plane, computer... all of it. None of it just appeared, it evolved from earlier ideas, and those from earlier ideas. I could totally understand if Henry Ford went from a model T one day to a lamborghini the next, but it didn't happen that way. I sure hope if we "borrowed" technology from a far advanced civilization the least we could do would be to get Windows to work right... although if they were running Vista could explain why alien saucers crash alot. Can someone explain what technology we have that we couldnt have come up with on our own?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Now the problem is, if we *think* anti-grav UFOs exist, spend 20 years trying to figure out *how* they could fly and actually SUCCEED... Did aliens give us the technology?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well, for starters, some of the UFO's you see are man made. But of course you will not be told that. They dont even acknowledge the basic fact that there are aliens.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My main concern is this... we stole technology from aliens. Many peope claim transistors, integrated circuits, etc... people even claim they have proof Bell Labs copied alien technology to create the microchip. A super advanced civilization... and we stole transistors and microchips? This is the best they have? We are already outgrowing that technology and moving onto other things. So we stole it copied it, and now improved on it. If UFO's are that far advanced, you think we would get some better technology, cmon transistors? Bell Labs stole that? That is like saying we got the cotton gin from alien technology. If we did capture a UFO we probably would not even know where to begin to reverse engineer it. It's like giving a stealth bomber to a caveman. If we really did steal technology then apparently we might be more advanced then them. We have core 2 duo now... lol

[edit on 19-9-2007 by b309302]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by b309302

No, the story is that the US government got contacted by the Greys in the 50's or earlier. They made a deal with the greys - abductions for technology. So thats why we have all these people getting abducted and the government denying its happening. In return, the government gets technology, but of course its only going to be marginally better than the stuff we already have. Why would the Grey give more than they need to?

They made this deal because the Greys didnt really give them any choice. We didnt have the technology to fight alien ships in the 50's, and I dont think we do now either.

There are lots of alien races out there though. Some want to help us evolve as a race, others dont really care about us at all.

There is a lot of information about this out there... read through it, its interesting even if you choose not to believe it.

Start with www.exopolitics.org. Have fun.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I saw a picture of a modern hard drive in 1969. It was found in a fishing net in the North Atlantic. I don't think disc type drives were in use then. Aliens may explain it's existance.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It does explain some things. Take for instance computers. In the 50's and 60's we're using vacuum tubes, then all of a sudden someone develops the microchip and completely revolutionizes the computer. Some say that was something given to us.

One thing to think about though is maybe it doesn't go like most people think. I always hear someone stating that the ET's came down and said , here's a ship, have fun. Maybe they're giving us a little bit at a time, "Here's the microchip, ok now here's a CD, now here's an anti-matter powered laser weed wacker."

Another possibility is we recovered something and with our tech, cannot fully reproduce it, but it gave us ideas. "Here's how the aliens keep their pants up, this we can reproduce and call it Velcro, but the computers are weird, but maybe we can use silicon and make a primitive copy.....it worked? wow."

Or the powers that be could have everything and just want to let it out slowly, either to let us acclimate and not get suspicious. Or for their own motives, control, money, ect...

Then there's always the theory it could just be tech developed by humans with no ET intervention at all. That's always a possibility.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
See this is the point... old hard drive, must be alien... aliens should not be using anything resembling a hard drive or a microchip. Look how fast humans advance. We are already outgrowing this technology in what...50 years? they are thousands of years ahead and have transistors still? We will phase those out in the next 50 years like vaccum tubes. I believe in aliens, just not that we reversed engineered technology, because if we did...that's disturbing. This technology that we reversed engineered is already out of date, we should have got something 1000's if not 100's of years advanced, not hmmm maybe 10 years more advanced.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's always a possiblity we are being spoon fed information, but to make that happen...wow. That means Intel, AMD, IBM, everyone is in on it?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLaprad
It does explain some things. Take for instance computers. In the 50's and 60's we're using vacuum tubes, then all of a sudden someone develops the microchip and completely revolutionizes the computer. Some say that was something given to us.

It wasn't suddenly and people were looking for something to replace vacuum tubes. It wasn't difficult to see that vacuum tubes are not the way forward with computers; they filled an entire room.

The first transistor wasn't even incredibly complex.

The Transistor - History

The First Transistor
The first point contact transistor made use of the semiconductor germanium. Paper clips and razor blades were used to make the device.

In 1947, John Bardeen and Walter Brattain, working at Bell Telephone Laboratories, were trying to understand the nature of the electrons at the interface between a metal and a semiconductor. They realized that by making two point contacts very close to one another, they could make a three terminal device - the first "point contact" transistor.

They quickly made a few of these transistors and connected them with some other components to make an audio amplifier. This audio amplifier was shown to chief executives at Bell Telephone Company, who were very impressed that it didn't need time to "warm up" (like the heaters in vacuum tube circuits). They immediately realized the power of this new technology.

This invention was the spark that ignited a huge research effort in solid state electronics. Bardeen and Brattain received the Nobel Prize in Physics, 1956, together with William Shockley, "for their researches on semiconductors and their discovery of the transistor effect." Shockley had developed a so-called junction transistor, which was built on thin slices of different types of semiconductor material pressed together. The junction transistor was easier to understand theoretically, and could be manufactured more reliably.

As for hard drives, sigh, here is a link if you want a short tour through the history of it:

A brief history of hard drives

The basic parts of a modern HDD and an old one looks pretty much the same. Only the size has grown smaller. The first HDD appeared in 1957, and by 1971 they look pretty modern.

People may be stupid, but a person can be incredibly smart.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I stand corrected on the transistors. Thanks for the edjumication Beach.

People may be stupid, but a person can be incredibly smart.

This is so true.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Now tomorrow if Toyota comes out with an antigravity car that goes faster than light, ill stand corrected =)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLaprad

It doesn't explain anything except the general ignorance of technological progress. There's a huge gap in the explanation above, and that is the transistor, which spanned vacuum tubes and the integrated circuit. All three do more or less the same thing. Further, we've had other technologies that did the same thing which go back over 100 years. Although Moore came up with his law about integrated circuits and the number of transistors that could fit on a given sized piece of silicon, the law itself, that memory doubles every 18-24 months goes back to the 19th century to the Hollerith Company, which waas hired to tabulate the 1890 census and came up with a 'computer' device that could do it with punched cards, which fit in dollar bill boxes. Hollerith became IBM. After that came electronic motors, then vacuum tubes, then transistors, then the integrated circuit. If you graph those technologies you come up with a perfect logarithmic line. All this is is The Law of Accerating Returns as explained by Ray Kurzweil, Vernor Vinge and others.

The point is that you don't need to invoke aliens to explain technological progress. All the technologies supposedly introduced by aliens have ample printed research and theoretical studies prior to their introduction to the mainstream. Now if suddenly we had anti-gravity drives, THAT would have to be explained, but we have no proof anti-gravity drives exist today.

The basic problem I see is people saying, "I don't understand this, therefore aliens must be responsible." The first phrase may very well be true, but the second phrase does not follow because of it. The idea that a hard drive fished out of the ocean in 1969 could be explained by aliens is a perfect example of this line of reasoning. All our hard drives will be solid state devices within a few years. I don't think aliens would need to use something so primitive and Victorian as spinning platter hard drives. (My first hard drive was 10 megabytes. The USB Flash drive in my pen is 1GB.)

I'm not denying that there are lots of stories out there about technological exchange programs. It's just that they need not be invoked to explain the present state of the art.

[edit on 9/19/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
It's always a possiblity we are being spoon fed information, but to make that happen...wow. That means Intel, AMD, IBM, everyone is in on it?

No, because the technology traded is not public, like I said.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The fact that alien saucers apparently crash more then amtrack trains is just maybe another reason we really don't want their technology even if we had it.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So some of you agree with me, that aliens probably have nothing to do with our current technology. I never did understand why people say they did, and we made huge advancments because of it. From what I saw all of our advancments were just the natural evolution of prior ideas. No new technology just came in out of nowhere. I guess I was expecting more of an argument to the contrary...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
The fact that alien saucers apparently crash more then amtrack trains is just maybe another reason we really don't want their technology even if we had it.

Too funny! I'm gonna quote you on this next time somebody insists we reverse-engineered alien technology.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
We have a deal with the aliens? Why? I think the deal would go more like...keep your mouth shut or we will vaporize you. I really don't think we had any ground to stand on to demand technology. If they are that advanced, were really nothing more then primative life forms to them. Does McDonalds have a deal with the cows? There is no logical point to any of it. Makes for a good story though.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My only reason for belief in this idea of reverse engineered alien technology came from a book written by a ret. Army Colonel ( wish I could remember his name ) titled "The Day After Roswell"

Interesting read, although I'm sure someone is going to say its a disinfo campaign.

Believe what you will.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Remeber all technology released to the public is 25-30 yrs old so were there hard drives in the 20's?

And any alien tech would not be public hence the super secret area 51.

They don't release technology that isnt over 20 yrs old to the public that we invent.Alien tech prb be hundreds of years before realesing to the public so dont expect it for another 50 yrs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join