It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it happening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just took a look at some of the recent post threads, and its pretty hard not to see whats going on. Why are all these videos of citizens being arrested with no reason popping up one after another?
Is there a big change going on leading us to a police state or are these events for some reason just being caught on tape more than before?

What do you think?

Just a couple of the threads;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I beleive,It's, The Golden Rule

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The golden rule is do unto others as you would have them do unto you;

NOT,

do unto others before they do unto you.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinred54

YES

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The golden rule is do unto others as you would have them do unto you;

NOT,

do unto others before they do unto you.
YES< YOU SEEN THE TRUTH< :-) I'm not here to harm, belittle or hurt anyone! PERIOD! I am a Christian woman, & I DO FALL DOWN as others, GLAD & THANKFUL you & THE other one did as well :-) I just BELEIVE, it is all the SIGN OF THE TIME! ladyinred54, GOD'S BLESSING'S

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Please people, look @ my profile! I PEOPLE< I TRY to be a giver< NOT a TAKER! UNLESS

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by darksky

I'm truly sorry, I was misuderstanding the full blunt of the post! No hard feeling's! I'm brand new at all of this! So PLEASE FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE! Sincerely. ladyinred54 GOD'S BLESSING's unto you. See all later, gone for a few days, way up N. of In.. later..

link   
reply to post by darksky

I'm truly sorry, I was misuderstanding the full blunt of the post! No hard feeling's! I'm brand new at all of this! So PLEASE FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE! Sincerely. ladyinred54 GOD'S BLESSING's unto you. See all later, gone for a few days, way up N. of In.. later..

link   
reply to post by darksky

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
you will get the hang of it laydinred. its really not all that hard and for the most part we are a friendly bunch... or is that brunch? I forget.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinred54

No problem at all, im new here too, so dont feel lonely

Guess we could call this a U-turn of the thread since I myself barely remember what I wanted to discuss here

Oh yeah, now I remember!

Just interested in hearing some opinions.. do you think something is actually happening or could you call all of these threads popping up coincidences?

As I mentioned, Im pretty new here, and during the time Ive been here I havent noticed these kind of threads about police brutality, and now they seem to be coming all at once. So.. obviously, to me it seems like there is something happening.
Then all the talk about martial law and the coming police state makes you think...

Then another thing, I myself dont live in the US, but in europe, and over here we consider the american officers to be alot rougher than the ones we have here, but that doesent really belong to this discussion.

Edit: Even more videos and stories poppin up:

Caught on Tape: Police Car Slams Into Fleeing Suspect

[edit on 20-9-2007 by darksky]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by darksky]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thank GOD< no body is mad @ me ! Like, give this woman< the handbook< & make her read it first

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yes, it is happening. It has been happening for quite some time now. It will only get worse from here.

I will be sitting in a corner all by myself. I will be holding myself in a fetal position, as I'm shaking. I will be listening to a comforting song so I will feel better and feel understood. My face will see a single tear drop.

I will listen to this -> www.youtube.com...

Lady in Red represents Earth.

The same rulers of this world who are controlling the peoples are the same ones who are killing our planet. They are destroying earth, bit by bit, in their process of total control over the population.

We cannot keep going on like this forever. The only end to this madness is the end of our world. Unless we(the people) take control.

PS. Ladyinred inspired me to write this post

[edit on 21-9-2007 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Politics wise we have been under a dictator for at least 8 years.

Its hard to tell if things are changing, or people are just more aware and are talking about it more.

I think the people in power have realized, by Bush's example, that the people really can't do anything to them.

They have not signifigantly raised law enforcement pay yet, that is still a trigger we have not seen yet, they will need to raise class level of those who enforce power.

Unless I just missed it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think this is the New World Order...I doubt that they would establish a police state this way. Don't get me wrong, I definitely it's happening, but I think it's a little more drastic than shocking an old woman whose lawn is brown. I think it's just redneck, simpleton, disgusting violent cops who lack no moral decency and like their taser guns too much. As George Carlin says, there should be two requirements for joining the police force - intelligence and decency. And these cops have neither.

Pigs.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by laeteralis462]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think this generation shall be known as the youtube generation.

I don't think these events are anymore frequent, i just think, that with the advent of mass communication, experiences are being shared globally rather than locally.

But maybe im wrong, i live in a reasonably tough neighborhood and excessive force by police was something i witnessed many times in my youth.

Not defending police or state brutality but sometimes these people have incredibly hard and stressful jobs.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for bringing this to my attention!

It shocked me that so many police jumped at the kid in the first video just for speaking! They didn't take away his mike and tell him to calm down, they didn't politely urge him to let Kerry answer his questions, they just converged on him and began to pull him away under arrest! ... and after a little more 'resisting' (i.e. him trying to get the police to let him go) they taser him! (>__

new topics

top topics

join