It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jena 6

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Indeed I to am disgusted that some people have been arguing that the gang bashing was provoked by the nooses being hung.. basically saying the kid deserved it.

THE BASHING VICTIM DID NOT HANG THE NOOSES.

I guess they must mean "If someone of another race offends or threatens you.. its okay to get lots of people to physically attack someone else of the same race. The KKK uses almost exactly the same rationale.

What happened to "..but for the content of their charactor."?! If some think he was just talking about non whites.. you don't know what he was talking about at all and are proving it is just a dream.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Indeed I too am disgusted that some people have been arguing that the gang bashing was provoked by the nooses being hung.. basically saying the kid deserved it.

THE BASHING VICTIM DID NOT HANG THE NOOSES.

I don't think anyone is saying that, I know I didn't and wouldn't, at the same time though the noose incident did raise racial tensions and set the stage. That is the point you are missing. That and the fact that the kids who did do it were slapped on the wrist for it.

Also by all accounts the kid who was beaten may not have been involved in the noose incident but he was guilty of taunting the kids who beat him with racial slurs and epithets.

Did he deserve beating. No.
Do the black kids deserve threats of life in prison. No.

The whole thing was mismanaged by the school, the city and the law right from the very beginning.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Per usual RR you are missing the whole point of this incident.

Hanging those nooses was unacceptable period.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by grover]

I had to stop right here, what you are saying is that Free Speach is unacceptable?

You know what the noose was, a symbol, and guess what, a symbol is a form of free speach. I realy hope, and expect, that somebady else caught this and pointed it out.

I am sorry that you do not respect the 1st ammendemet.

----- finnished reading------

Why do you want to prosicute the guy that hung the noose? What gives you the right to do that? Are you the decider of how far free speach can go?

What did the noose hanger do? He was exercising his first amendment rights, and you consider that unnaceptable.

That is why we have a constution, the laws of the land. The first amendment was put there to protect your right to voice you opinion, no matter how contraversal. Mabye you don't like what was said, so you have the right to speack out about it.

IMHO, i don't think the student that hung the noose should have been suspended at all, mush less expelled. Is there a rule about hanging things from trees? What if he had hung a bird feeder? Expell him for feeding the birds?

When i lived in Florida, the house we had had TWO nooses in the front yard hanging from trees... they were they when we moved in, and you know what we did with them, we hung a scarecrow in the during halloween.

If you don't agree with what someone is saying, you have no right to go beat gang-beat them until they have to be admitted to the hospital.

[edit on 9/27/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
You know what the noose was, a symbol, and guess what, a symbol is a form of free speach. I realy hope, and expect, that somebady else caught this and pointed it out.

I am sorry that you do not respect the 1st ammendemet.

hate speech isn't protected by the first amendment.
it isn't absolute freedom of speech, commercial speech isn't protected either

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

On school property? Not likely.

And don't give me that line... there are plenty of symbols and actions that we as a society consider objectionable and do not tolerate.

To claim that hanging those nooses is a matter of free speech is obscene.

Hanging those nooses had one meaning and one purpose... to threaten and intimidate.

I suppose according to you burning a cross would have been acceptable as well.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ha ha ha.

Same old PTS, I see. Wish I could say I'm surprised at the comments by Semper et al., but that's what I've come to expect here.

Oh, the poor white kid. Even though the white kids jumped a black kid first, poor little white boy. Even though only 1 of the white kids was charged and given probation, poor white boy.

All of you, besides Grover and Madness, gloss over the obvious as you cry poor little white boy. This is that black kids were charged with ATTEMPTED MURDER for beating up white kids in a FIST FIGHT.

Damn. We're not talking about boxers or martial artists. We're talking a run of the mill street fight. Yet, you racists call for more action against the black kids.

Semper, I ALWAYS knew you were racist; hell, you're a cop.
Thanks for providing me with more proof. But hey, it's all good. You, RR, and your lynch mob homies are the main reason I stopped coming here.

You wannabe KKK freaks can have it. When the revolution comes, I'm gunning for clowns like you.

Power to the people.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Attn: Members

This thread is here to discuss The Jena 6. NOT one another.

Before responding to this thread, please reread your post and be assured that it is discussing the content, and not the other members. A watchful eye is being kept on this thread, so please progress with civility and decorum.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeka

Truthseeka I have backed you on other threads before but that last post of yours was just plain offensive.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Same old PTS, I see. Wish I could say I'm surprised at the comments by Semper et al., but that's what I've come to expect here.

As with your comments, Truthseeka.

Oh, the poor white kid. Even though the white kids jumped a black kid first, poor little white boy. Even though only 1 of the white kids was charged and given probation, poor white boy.

Does the phrase Two wrongs don't make a right mean anything to you?
Also, the victim in the Jena 6 case was not involved whatsoever in the aforementioned fight. Hell, the person charged was not a student, so please don't try to meld the two together.

All of you, besides Grover and Madness, gloss over the obvious as you cry poor little white boy. This is that black kids were charged with ATTEMPTED MURDER for beating up white kids in a FIST FIGHT.

Uh-huh.
Since when was 6 persons mobbing, then repeatedly kicking the unconcious body of an, unexpecting person considered a 'fist fight'?
I'll repeat that:
Repeatedly kicking an unconcious person.
Black, white, yellow, green etc that's pretty damn close to trying to kill him.
In the words of the school's superintendant:
"The victim attacked was beaten and kicked into a state of bloody unconsciousness."
Fist fights. Indeed.

Damn. We're not talking about boxers or martial artists. We're talking a run of the mill street fight. Yet, you racists call for more action against the black kids.

As explained above the event was nowhere near a 'run-of-the-mill' street fight, as in a street fight I'd assume one combatant would at least be aware and able to defend himself.
If you define this as a 'street fight', it's not exactly putting your character in a positive light.
Also, there have been relatively zero calls for 'more action'.

Semper, I ALWAYS knew you were racist; hell, you're a cop.
Thanks for providing me with more proof. But hey, it's all good. You, RR, and your lynch mob homies are the main reason I stopped coming here.

A most cunning ploy, claiming that whoever disagrees with your viewpoint is a racist.

You wannabe KKK freaks can have it. When the revolution comes, I'm gunning for clowns like you.

Self-explanatory.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Chaoticar]

<< 1  2   >>

join