It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheelchair-Bound Woman Dies After Being Shocked With Taser 10 Times

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shots

don't worry, i will bash in every thread that pops up with their abuse of people....

i personally don't care if there are 100 sides to this one...
10 tazes on a person in a chair...

how can one argue that FACT? TEN tazes man....

do you even think about the stuff you toss out?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
[sarcasm]
Again they probably followed training and will not be held liable, they probably said "stand up or we will taser you again"

She refused to comply with the orders so they kept tasering her. [/sarcasm]

nobody got my joke so I am quoting myself
now thats arogant.

In all seriousness, in a wheel chair at age 70 they could have easily disarmed her during first shock, they kept shocking her just like other videos, comply and we will stop, comply comply, "we will break you"

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

they are trialing tazer guns in some counties in the UK
if it all goes well alot more officers will be armed with tazers. currently its the armed response unit that has this.

wounder if we will follow the same path as the officers accross the pond.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have known a few cops personally in my time.

They were cold hearted - without feeling. I've seen them abuse thier wives, abuse their kids and even use their kids to get back at others.

It is my guess, as much as we are feeling for this lady, that these cops that are responsible for her death, are not feeling ONE bit sorry for killing this woman.

Also, we only have the COPS side of the story.

Seems sort of unbelievable - she was swinging 2 knives and a hammer - does she have 3 arms?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just replied in another thread about police brutality and now this.A woman in a wheelchair??Was this heroic cop's life in danger?Tazed 10 times??Gimme a break.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've worked as security in mental health facilities, and dealt with people like that, so I have an idea what I'm talking about. This is inexcusable, period. Tasering a woman in a wheelchair just makes no sense. Now, I realize we don't have the full story, but unless the woman was actually able to get out of the wheelchair, there was absolutely no reason to taser her. If she had been mobile, I could see tasering her and then disarming her or forcing her onto the ground or something, but that was apparently not the case. 160 seconds of tasering is malicious, and was rightly ruled a homicide by the doctor doing the death certificate.

Maybe this case will actually get some attention, since it is completely obvious to anyone that the cops were in the wrong here. This is no different than if the cop had shot the woman until his gun was empty.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The taser is always an instrument of torture.

The idea with the taser is to inflict incapacitating pain upon an individual such that the individual's free will crumbles and they are willing to comply and obey because of their fear of more torture by electrocution.

The taser is an instrument of torture that can and does kill human beings.

It is an unworthy tool for legitimate police work.

Ban the taser.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

i gave you a little blue star for your joke. pay attention, or i'll have to zap you with 10, 000 volts through prods inserted in your skin.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What happened to the police officer that did this?

I'm glad I don't live in those suroundings where police officers act like animals, around here if some one did this the police would come, they would get every one out of the way to a safe distance and they would talk with the woman until she would lossen up.
I mean if she can't walk? what is she going to do?, she was ill too, didin't know what she was doing.
What a bunch of monsters

[edit on 19-9-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
The taser is always an instrument of torture.

The idea with the taser is to inflict incapacitating pain upon an individual such that the individual's free will crumbles and they are willing to comply and obey because of their fear of more torture by electrocution.

The taser is an instrument of torture that can and does kill human beings.

It is an unworthy tool for legitimate police work.

Ban the taser.

This is exactly what I was trying to say in my previous post,but you said it so much better.
Have a Star Bro.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

hey thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm furious and disgusted by the rise of tasing. It is simply repulsive and fascist.

I think it's high time that any law enforcement or security personnel who wield tasers are themselves tasered during their training with this weapon.

A good long jolt. Just so they know how it feels.

Enough, Dammit. Absolutely furious at this.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Yes I thouught about it and took into the fact she was armed and swinging weapons around

Officers said they arrived to find Delafield in a wheelchair,

armed with two knives and a hammer.

Police said the woman was swinging the weapons at family members and police.

news.yahoo.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just the fact she was armed is good enough reason to use force.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Yes I thouught about it and took into the fact she was armed and swinging weapons around

Officers said they arrived to find Delafield in a wheelchair,

armed with two knives and a hammer.

Police said the woman was swinging the weapons at family members and police.

news.yahoo.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

why even take the change with a taser? I would have had that bitch sniped between the eyes.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Good enough reason to use deadly force? I thought that was reserved for immediate threats to one's life in which no other option is available.

Are you saying that the police had no other option than to kill this wheelchair bound woman?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

i can't believe people think like you....i loathe people that think like you as a matter of fact....

the fact that she was in a chair and mental was reason enough to WAIT...pretty simple....the cops were afraid of her safety so they had to crank her up 10 times??

nope...

first time someone in your family rides the lightining for no reason and possibly gets hut, i have a feeling you would feel different......just a feeling

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You know, and this is purely speculation, I wonder if she maybe had a knife up to her own throat and was threatening to kill herself?

As an officer, how would you handle that? I think tasering would be the only way, but then again ten times????

Peace

You need to think that one through a bit.

Its an electric shock, and they tend to cause spasms in the nervous system. One spasm, one sudden jerky movement, and its possible she could cut her own throat.

Mind you, from reading this the police involved didn't seem to care if she lived or not.

link   

the medical examiner ruled Delafield's death a homicide.

Good. Because that's exactly what it was.

link   
Just to clarify, did the police actually kill her on the spot, or did she die afterwards from the stress caused by the situation?

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
You need to think that one through a bit.

I'm not sure that's entirely correct. The shock is a lot more likely to make her let go of the knife than to make a slicing motion across her neck.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join