It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheelchair-Bound Woman Dies After Being Shocked With Taser 10 Times

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Officers said they arrived to find Delafield in a wheelchair, armed with two knives and a hammer. Police said the woman was swinging the weapons at family members and police.

Are you kidding me? Someone foaming from the mouth swinging hammers and knives at you? I know she is in a wheelchair but please...

All in all the police are not trained to deal with serious mentally disturbed people. I wonder why they did not try pepperspray first though...

If tranquilizer darts would have been in the arsenal, she would probably have lived.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
Are you kidding me? Someone foaming from the mouth swinging hammers and knives at you? I know she is in a wheelchair but please...

All in all the police are not trained to deal with serious mentally disturbed people. I wonder why they did not try pepperspray first though...

If tranquilizer darts would have been in the arsenal, she would probably have lived.

what?
so they are not trained to deal with mentally disturbed people...
she is not going anywhere. call the medic or someone who is.

dump her out of the chair, cuff her for safety, then set her back in her chair for the meat wagon to put peroxide on her cuts.....

i can't believe what i read sometimes....

they're not trained, so, instead of calling say, someone who is, lets tazer her....and tazer her again, and again, and again.

obviously they are NOT trained in how to use force either......oh well, it's just one dead right

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A picture of Barney Fife with a taser justs keeps popping into my head for some reason. "Lookie Andy! I just tased her! Whoops, tased her again. Shoot Andy, how do you turn this thing off?"

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Yeah? The following might happen:

Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington

Then you'll be reading a thread titled "Police break up anti-police meeting in Washington"

That'll be ironic.

That would be great. The police is breaking the law here, so why not? Dont they have to inform people why they are being arrested? The reason they didnt do that is because the people didnt break any laws. They just had unpopular opinions for the current regime.

They seem to pick police officers that enjoy doing harm to people in my opinion. Whats the requirements by the way.... lack of empathy I guess and a severe need to beat people into respecting them?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4hire

Must be pretty difficult to keep your distance from a wheelchair bound guy or girl then.. oh unless you have legs!!

A friend of mine suffered serious epilepsy at school,could bite your fingers off if trying too hard to restrain them.. You just keep your distance till safe.. or in this case tired out.

It's not rocket science.. Obviously too much to expect from these guys though

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
know what else gets me?

i watch cops at night when i do my thing cause it gives me a laugh..

for example last night, i see like 14 cars in a highspeed chase with a drunk in a car...the one cop throws out the stopsticks....
car comes to a stop, they approach cause he is not responding....3 approach, 1 breaks the window with the baton, the other tazes him ONCE and immediately he is cuffed.

how is it some cops pull off such amazing feats without nobody getting injured, but others have to crank the juice for minutes on a disabled person??

don't very much get it

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
I wonder why they did not try pepperspray first though...

I was wondering exactly that. Just yesterday I was watching a show about the "non-lethal" arsenal's in today's police force, and they featured a gun that shoots potent pepper powder pellets. Pigs... uh...I mean policemen were raving on and on for 15 minutes about how amazing this thing is and what not.

Here, check it out:

PepperBall Technologies, Inc

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
TEN TIMES!!!!

God bless her soul and shame, shame on the pi- police that did that... May they get their karma!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i see like 14 cars in a highspeed chase..

Yeah I know what you mean.. two cops per car? plus helicopter..

So it takes 30 guys to take out one perp.. and they complain they don't have the resources to combat drug dealers.burglaries,thefts from cars,stabbings,shootings.. plus next to no chance of chatching the guys who do the robbing/shooting etc..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The rest of you can attack the police however we only have the womans side so far so it is best to reeserve judgement.

For those saying the cops should have been able to handle her you might give some thought to how mentaliy ill individuals act and respnde when upset.

I have seen one or two cases where it took several cops to subdue one person, it is not always as easy as one might think.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shots

Very true but you find the more dangerous type were obviously 'able bodied'
This woman was supposed to be swinging round two knifes and a hammer..So how was she able to propel herself within dangerous range of these 'brave' cops? Four arms maybe?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
These high voltage weapons are nothing short of a short sharp shock of torture to anyone who is tased.

I remember in the 90s we had a rash of MSM stories on how evil the syrians/egyptians were for using high voltage weapons on prisoners-"torture victims" they were called at the time,now we send people there to be tortured,and our cops carry the same kind of devices to subdue the local populace.

The poor lady in the story was basically tortured to death by the police by use of high voltage electricity-I don't care that she had a knife and bottle or whatever,the cops should have dealt with her in a non fatal manner-she was in a wheelchair for gods sake.They are now responsible for taking the life of a sick woman.

How horrible that these tasers are being abused whereever they are deployed,and now they are mainstream in the UK as well,they wish to be able to taze unarmed children if necessary in my "free" land.
God help anyone with a pace maker or un detected heart condition.

These weapons are sick when used by regular police,If they have to use them at all they should be restricted to anti terror/SWAT type units IMO.

Disgusted,once again.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
if cops can't subdue a woman, or college student, who is ALREADY SUBDUED....

oh, logic failed. does not compute.

brutal POS coward cops.

i mean, it's not like she was armed with a baby in her belly, or a power rangers pencil case.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey Hey, don't assume the lady wasn't mobile. For all you know she was driving one of these and charged at the cops at 15km/h:

www.usatechguide.org...

or one of these:

www.burgerman.info...

:p

I'm starting to wonder why the police academy's keep wasting their time teaching police officers self defense courses. Its obvious that once in the field they'll always be lazy screwballs and will always use a tazer or a gun, no matter what the situation.

I'm getting sick of hearing about people being pulled over for routine traffic checks and getting a gun pulled at them because they were a bit slow in finding their papers.

I'm even more tired of hearing all the stories of cops tazing pregnant ladies, sometimes even when their reason for speeding is that they are on their frigin way to the hospital to deliver their baby.

Whats happend to "To protect and serve"?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Whats happend to "To protect and serve"?

Well, they are protecting and serving the current regime.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
The rest of you can attack the police however we only have the womans side so far so it is best to reeserve judgement.

For those saying the cops should have been able to handle her you might give some thought to how mentaliy ill individuals act and respnde when upset.

I have seen one or two cases where it took several cops to subdue one person, it is not always as easy as one might think.

well when they are in a wheel chair you DUMP THEIR ASS OUT...ever situation is not black and white....

no way i am ever going to buy that two cops could not have got that woman cuffed without getting hurt...she may haev had a scrape or two but she would be alive......

shouldn't cops have to pass some sort of 'muster' test....? i mean, in general....you're a cop. you're reasonably young and fit. you have a vest on maybe..you have buddies...you can WAIT..you can call a medic, a doc, other cops, whatever......
why taze 10 times?

give me a break shots.....

yes, mentally ill people CAN do a number on you....able bodied cops SHOULD also be able to at least contain the situation till someone qualified to deal gets there.

someone mentioned that the cops are not qualified to deal with a mentalli ill person....ok, so is the general procedure to kill them? or is it generally procedure to get someone who can

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For goodness sake,
Who can realistically defend these cops-This is a mental lady in a wheelchair

All they had to do was clear the room,keep a distance and TALK TO HER.

They could,and should have actually HELPED this poor soul.

Instead they made smoke come out of her body until she died.

Sick sick weapon to use on civilians.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
For goodness sake,
Who can realistically defend these cops-This is a mental lady in a wheelchair

All they had to do was clear the room,keep a distance and TALK TO HER.

They could,and should have actually HELPED this poor soul.

Instead they made smoke come out of her body until she died.

Sick sick weapon to use on civilians.

agreed. it's called containment....inside, outside, don't matter...they could have stopped her from getting anywhere and simply waited for someone who was qualified to deal...

a little innovation maybe....nightstick thorugh the wheel...won't go far....woman has to wait...
123 each grab an arm....

it really is simple.....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You know, and this is purely speculation, I wonder if she maybe had a knife up to her own throat and was threatening to kill herself?

As an officer, how would you handle that? I think tasering would be the only way, but then again ten times????

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Feel free to bash the police all you want that will not change my line of thinking, There are always two sides to every story and I want to hear the other side first before passing judgement as you want.

Remeber innoicient until proven guilty

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join