It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Arrested for commiting free speech w/video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

wow. nice belittleration. mmmmmm, a reference to a fake propaganda meme that has become part of the language-aid.
where are the moderator monkeys?

LOLOL!!! an orangutan rapped in a puddle.

perhaps tomorrow can be flingful for both of us similarians.

flinging woo, not just for lovers anymore....

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by Griff

Then you need to work on understanding sarcasm and rhetorical questions...

Mod, I know this may be hard for you, but please try and stay on subject with the thread, didn't think that would have to be mentioned for a person with "power" such as yourself.

This video just blows my mind. Half way through it I filled up with so much anger I could hardly take it. Our rights are being taken away from us right under our very noses, and there is little we can do to stop it without resorting to violence on a mass scale. For god sakes these people were reading the First Amendment and they were arrested with no explanation for the charges that were being brought against them.

Good bye former United States of America, this is just another confirmation you no longer exist.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by geemony

While correct, I haven't seen anything indicating that they WERE screaming at anyone. You are correct though and it is obvious that both our views make us see the same thing in different eyes.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
ok Code pink went down there to interupt a speech that was against their point of view, they were loud and disrupted. It is there duty as Americans to do this, I can explain why with this example using pro bunny and pro turtle as examples.

If people only see pro bunny speeches. If the media only speaks in pro bunny terms. If corporate media selectivly covers things with pro bunny spin. If congressional hearings and politions avoid pro turtle topics and speak in pro bunny ways of thought, then the responsibility and actions of pro turtle people are now different in a free society.

If the pro turtle people do not have a viable out let to freely question the pro bunny agenda then for the good of our democracy, for free thought and the fostering of critical thinking it is the duty of every American to interupt pro bunny speeches and give the counter pro turtle arguements.

Although interuptions are precieved as rude, the need to have an informed citizenary and to give people the information to make decisions and not just follow what they have been told is more important then formalities of decorum. If after hearing both pro bunny and pro turtle arguements the citizenry make a pro bunny decision that is fine, but that is not the point.

If you have a debate and only one side is at the podium, and the other podium is empty don't you think someone from the audience should yell out counter points? But our information is not formed as a debate, it is formed as a point of view to be packaged and sold to the masses so they will do what the controllers of media, and those in power want them to do.

The only requirement for this is the pro turtle opinion must represent a logical belief or a belief shared by a signifigant segment of population. lets say 15% for arguement.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
Isn't it ironic that we are fighting and dying for the freedom of people in other countries, and we cant even hold onto it here because the very people who swear to uphold the law and protect and serve the public are completely ignorant of it.... and violating it!!

If this does not change soon... if the American public continues to become more "tolerant" of our rights being swept aside, we are doomed to a VERY grim future in this country.

I think the irony is that you think you're fighting for the freedom of other people in other counties. Which people are those, do you think?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

this is so lame what has this world come to arresting protesters that speak out since wene did this be not allowed in the us ay thats preety bad hope the goverment was embarresed by that thay should be

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join