It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasered Student At Kerry Speach May Have Staged Event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Tasered Student At Kerry Speach May Have Staged Event

www.foxnews.com

Video of police Tasering a persistent questioner of Sen. John Kerry became an Internet and TV sensation Tuesday, generating fierce debate about free speech and the motives of the college student involved — a known prankster who often posts practical jokes online.

Details from his online writings and videos raised the question of whether his harangue during the forum was genuine or some kind of stunt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well, given his background of practical jokes, and only acting up when cameras were present during the arrest makes this seem like it could be.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Although I just scanned the article, I didn't see Alex Jones' name in there. But his name will be brought up eventually, you can bet on it (or I just missed it when I scanned
).

If FOX is reporting it you can bet they're privvy to information about it being a set-up.

Like I said yesterday, it's a discrediting set-up and this guy who's acting like a modern day Paul Revere is actually working for the other side. The Harry Potter thing gave it away. The web is just starting, let's see how many people it snares.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
One question tho...

How do you fake being electrocuted ?? Is it insinuated that the campus cops were in on the whole thing...that the whole thing was bogus ?

Curious...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Doubtful all the cops were in on it. Maybe just one, maybe none.

Trust me, this guy was ready for that taser shock. It added to the drama of the scene.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Perhaps his questions were part of a "set-up" to embarrass Kerry or get some good footage for an internet video (and I'd like to see proof before I believe the neocon-police-state-supporting Fox network).

HOWEVER, there is no way the reaction by the police was in any way staged (unless FOX is saying they were in on it) or even predictable, NOR EXCUSABLE EVEN IF the questioning was somehow "a performance".

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Fox news may do it for you, but not for me. I'm waiting for something we call Evidence and not hearsay or conjecture. If its you opinion that this guy set it up, thats all good, but at this time it is not Fact by any stretch of the imagination.

The Harry Potter thing does not prove anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
he didn't fake being zapped with the Taser,

he actually got zapped...but the word on the street is that he
deliberately provoked the guards to zap him on camera...

the guards got duped too,
it seems he more orless slithered into position by acting & behaving
in unprovacative ways (while off camera)...
but as soon as the timing was right he set about to stage his
'street theater' act...
the man's my-space page attests to his thoughtfully, 'Zaney' antics
for the camera...like he's doing a segment of a 'Jackass' video...

maybe he got Tasered for that new show where the victims deliberatey
get hurt doing stunts...
? another 15 minutes of Fame seeker ??

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
HOWEVER, there is no way the reaction by the police was in any way staged (unless FOX is saying they were in on it) or even predictable, NOR EXCUSABLE EVEN IF the questioning was somehow "a performance".

bravo mang.

totally agreed.....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This was definitely a set up. While it's true the zapping he got was real, I have to agree with Dr. Love...he was ready for it.

My guess is he was praying for something like that to happen. Just looking for a little face time.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Guys and Gals, don't me wrong...

I do not for a minute think the thing was faked in any way shape or form...Look at my PP's and you'll see that...

I just put it out there in light of the posters who thought it was justified, to see if I could garner it was a kinda setup or whatever....

Let's face it, with a lot of stuff that goes down these days, using a form of "entrapment" like I did can often glean good info...

In this case, it hasn't.....So as per my original posts, I can't see how electrocuting a kid like that has its basis in law or any other ethics when it comes to treating another human being...

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I look at this whole situation completely different. This kid may be up to several 'zany' antics on his personal websites, but this has nothing to do with the occurances of the the other day.

He is a opposer to the Iraq war and thinks that the media isn't covering the important things. So what does he do? Brings up these questions in a public forum and gets himself on tv by being detained by force.

this is his intention! To bring to light things he, and I, feel are important.

The article by FOX is just another way for them to try and sway public opinion. Passing this off as a prank, rather than a statement. They bring to light some of the stupid things he has done in the past and put on the web to discredit him and his questions.

"See it's no big deal. These questions shouldn't even be answered, this kid is just trying to pull a public stunt. No big deal. " - Fox loves to spin any story to make the person seem stupid and discredit what they have to say.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is a psy-op, carefully planned. It's not a set-up of the cops, it's a set-up of conspiracy theorists in general. It's just part of crafting public opinion about conspiracy theorists. All conspiracy theorists will be tied to this twit and his actions. The Harry Potter event was meant to create a public opinion of mental instability, afterall who would be so sick as to tell little Johnny how the last Harry Potter book ends before he even has a chance to read it?

You have to think about it on another level. Remember when Dubya told us that we shouldn't listen to crazy conspiracy theories or something to that effect? This is directly related to that, and believe me, there'll be more.

You damn right this is a psy-op!

Peace

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't think this was a set up. If somebody can show another news source besides foxnews....or any affiliates, and deffinately not msnbc, I might give it a second though. I dread the day they gave the po-leese tasers

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Meyer, a senior telecommunications major from the Fort Lauderdale suburb of Weston, has a Web site featuring several homemade videos. In one, he stands in a street with a sign that says "Harry Dies" after the latest Harry Potter book was released. In another, he acts like a drunk in a bar while trying to pick up a man dressed in drag.

they should have arrested him for this, then. he would no longer have posed a threat to society if he was properly in incarcerated for these highly illegal pranks. there is no place for humour or freewill in society.

The site also has what is called a "disorganized diatribe" attributed to Meyer that criticizes the Iraq war, the news media for not covering the conflict enough and the American public for paying too much attention to celebrity news.

he should have gone to gitmo for this one. obviously celebrities are way more important than soldiers and civilians. we SHOULD, no MUST focus media on them.

The Sun newspaper also reported that of the many videos circulating, one was shot with Meyer's own camera.

i guess it's okay for other people to have them, but this guy is using his wrong, and should have a dog gnaw on his bits for it.

Meyer struggled for several seconds as up to four officers tried to remove him from the room. He screamed for help and tried to break away from officers with his arms flailing, then was forced to the ground and ordered to stop resisting.

to be fair, asking him to leave would have been excessive use of verbiage.

An officer, however, said in the police report that Meyer's "demeanor completely changed once the cameras were not in sight" and that he was "laughing" and "lighthearted" on the way to jail.

he was in shock. laughter is the best medicine.

Meyer was arrested on charges of resisting an officer and disturbing the peace but the State Attorney's Office had yet to make the formal charging decision. Police recommended charges of resisting arrest with violence, a felony, and disturbing the peace and interfering with school administrative functions, a misdemeanor.

charges shmarges. valid shmalid. it's not important to know why you're arresting someone before you torture them. or afterwards. the important thing is that they are little and you are big.

She was one of two officers who actually rode with Meyer to the Alachua County jail, and she said said he told them during the ride: "I am not mad at you guys, you didn't do anything wrong, you were just trying to do your job."

i wonder if that was the one that said, 'inciting a riot'. she's a bad liar, and needs to go back to police lie school.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by billybob]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Even the title of this thread deserves scrutiny because it is the sort of thing one would find in the press during the Weimar Republic in order to discredit someone. It is right up there with "Man Denies He Stopped Beating His Wife".

The young man may have been an annoying, disruptive pain in the arse, but no one asks for or deserves torture via a taser.

The range of weaponry available to police forces has turned them into a kind of "homeland/fatherland" army that views themselves as an elite above the common citizenry.

That this has happened under Bush, Cheney & Co. is not surprising, but it is the sort of development that demands immediate citizen action to turn the tide and reject this notion of an elite homeland army who like President Bush are somehow above the Constitution whilst claiming to protect it.

[edit on 19/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

I do not believe for a minute that this young man said, "I am not mad at you guys, you didn't do anything wrong, you were just trying to do your job."

Nothing anyone says after being electrocuted with a taser should be admissible in court or in the court of public opinion. The device itself, the taser, needs to be taken out of the hands of police forces and banned altogether.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

i agree. unwarranted, excessive force.

the guy was saying, "they're going to try and kill me" in the lobby when there were witnesses around. anything he may have said in the car could be interpretted as bootlicking to avoid further severe treatment. there were no more witnesses to protect him from law gone wild.

he may actually have said it, but i'm pretty sure he didn't mean it, eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How can you call it staged? Did he stage being manhandled? Did he stage being tazed? I don't buy it. Maybe he planned to act up some, but you can nopt plan what happened next. I dont buy it at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
if you can predict being all over the media for 3 days straight, form a lawsuit, AND have charges dropped, then why the hell not stage an event like this?

I'd do it once a week!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join