It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodied 70-year-old woman cuffed for having a brown lawn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Welcome to Nazi Amerika. I stand corrected. Thanks.

I hate to admit it but I agree. What happen to us guys? Have we slept so long that now its too late to wake up and make a change? I fear for the world that I and others are going to leave to our children. Pray fully they will correct a lot of our wrongs.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think we should all go to that little town, from all over America and protest, if they can do it for those 6 uh ethnic kids that beat the uh un-ethnic kid to death, we can do it for this old lady.

When we are done there we can go to the town that tasered that other wheel chaired person to death and protest for the death penalty.

Me I'm starting my gun and bullet collection, I think the time is right.

I hate to say it but it seems time to put the Government in it's place finally

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Me I'm starting my gun and bullet collection, I think the time is right.

I hate to say it but it seems time to put the Government in it's place finally

Careful what you say on an open discussion board. Just some friendly advice. Not that I secretly want a revolution just yet. Let's go through legal process for now. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
I think we should all go to that little town, from all over America and protest, if they can do it for those 6 uh ethnic kids that beat the uh un-ethnic kid to death, we can do it for this old lady.

The un-ethnic kid you speak of is alive and well.

Just an FYI

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
OMGZ.

I'm also speechless, but I can still type.

Sigh. It doesn't matter what the particular offense was, or what the woman's response was.

Do we really want the cops coming into your neighborhoods and targeting civilians who are not criminals or predators, just minding their own business?

Cops are there to protect us from the predators. They should NOT be treating civilians, law abiding citizens with the same demeanor.

Criminals often understand the law. They may need to be handled a bit more rudely.

But Civilians do not understand. If they fight back it is NOT because they are perpetrators or dangerous, with criminal intent and a danger to society. The 'resistance' is just a reflex; they don't know what they're doing. This is different from a career criminal who is exploiting the system and is prepared to mount a violent response.

This is very bad news for everyone. Soon, just the sheer number of these egregious acts will serve to inure people to them and it will become commonplace.

When that happens; when there is no outcry or outrage, then the powers that be will have won and they can do ANYTHING to you without fear of repercussion.

Please try to understand this - the isolated incident and particulars about how someone's grannie looks 'mean' are not the point.

(sorry for the rant)

Bingo. I usually don't quote so much text, but Badge01 has hit the nail on the head.

This deserves a second read.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As well as desensitizing the gen. pop. to this kind of INHUMANITY, the proliferation of these reported events are to train John and Jane to give over their will and become totally prostrate at the feet of the law enforcers.

"If a cop approaches you, just do whatever he/she wants, and maybe if you're lucky, you won't get a bloody nose/handcuffed/tazered/arrested."

Cops are increasing portrayed in the media (including Hollywood movies) as nasty bullies with no sense of humor, ready to hurt or humiliate at the slightest provocation.

"Stand behind the yellow line M'am" he says with hand on gun holster!

Remember back in the day when people felt safe/relieved to see a cop - how do you feel now when you see a uniformed lady or gentleman walking down the street or a black and white cruising your neighborhood?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This freak of a story is very true.

In Phoenix Arizona, they have "Lawn Patrols" and if anything looks unkempt, God help you, i dont care how old you are or who you are!!!

It started sometime in 2005 AB (After Bush) and it still going on.

We are not free anymore, in any sense of the word.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Welcome to Utah,

I live just outside salt lake. You see the ad's on tv all the time in the summer of "we are in a drought, do not over water! brown grass doesnt mean its dead and will pop to life later, etc etc" on the news nightly after a rain storm, they have even been threats that if you overwater you will get major fines. Not really true at all though, if you go to any city or country buildings/schools/etc they always have lush green lawns, our golf courses here are overwatered to the point of craziness (in fact a couple years back a news report went out and had videos of the sprinklers being on 24/7 and having been reported, yet nothing is done)

I also know first hand that friends I know have taken to removing the grass from their curb strips (in between the sidewalk and road) and replacing it with rocks and wood chips to reduce water, and been sent threatening letters from the city that they do not have enough vegitation and will be fined.

its all about the looks here

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Alright, well here goes being the lone voice of dissent here. This is what is called "zoning restrictions". The main reason America doesn't look like a third world country is that we have them. Now, I'm very sorry this woman got arrested, but she didn't have to be uncooperative or combatative.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
She stopped watering her lawn because she could not pay her water bill and had to shut the water off. This happened a while ago and you can probably find a thread on it.

I spent my childhood a few miles from where she lives. How apathetic they have become. We should be asking why didn't her neighbors help her with her water bill? Why didn't the Cop offer to help her with her water bills? Why didn't the nearest church help her?

Because people basically suck these days. Go look in a mirror and ask yourself:
Do I know my neighbors?
Are any of them elderly or handicapped?
Do any of my neighbors need someone to help them?
Do I know any people who are elderly or handicapped who could use some help from time to time?
How many times have I helped someone I know or who lives near me?

She was probably very bitter. Old people are treated like dirt by younger people. If they are poor and have no family left to help them it is a miserable existence. It's always someone else's problem. Some talk about going there and demonstrating for her. Why not look around your own area for someone to help out before they get into trouble.

What they are not saying is most likely she had a jerk for a neighbor who hounded the police to do something about her yard. A jerk who probably never considered she might not be able to afford the water bill?

The fact about her not being able to pay her water bill was covered in the original news stories.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

i always tell my wife if the cops EVER come to this door, do NOT open it....if you wish, give them short answers through the door, but do not open it...
can the friggin cops then kick it in?

man, i need a cop free zone

You tell your Wife what to do and say and your house is a fortress surrounded by camera's (see his next post on this page)??????

Paranoia runs deep so they say.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is just out of control and way way over the top. For f&^% sake !!!

It must be scary to be a citizen in the US now.

I am sorry and I sincerely mean no offense to anyone but why would people even want to visit the USA with all this abuse of average people's rights ??

It won't be long before Australia is just the same.

I hear Siberia is nice this time of year......

res

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Nah, not scary at all...some communities are stricter than others, but 90 percent of the time as long as you are not causing some serious crap you can go about your business with no hassle from the authorities whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ok this is a different egg all together and in this instance Sci im on the side of this is BS and something could have been worked out for grama. I do think in this instance arrest should have never been put into the equation. Where i come from the neighbors all help each other out and try and keep their places looking presentable. I think we may have an instance where she prob told them to go f themselves, which is what I would have told them to. This is the kind of crap I don’t like guys totally different imo than the Kerry thread.

The local cops and prosecutors here have no heart and the city should have to pay to redo the women’s entire yard with brand new sod and a sprinkler system with city water running 24 / 7.

Edit for spelling sorry cant stand that

[edit on 19-9-2007 by geemony]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
Remember back in the day when people felt safe/relieved to see a cop

perhaps this is showing my age, but unfortunately, no. I cannot remember a single time i was ever relieved to see a cop, including my oldest memories of being 6-7.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Oh dear, a brown lawn. It's not like she was outside on the lawn selling crack cocain, or having a public orgy or something.

The system is worried about a petty lawn, meanwhile there are probably much more important issues to be addressed. Some poor lady is getting abused by her husband, yet we need to worry about lawns.

Troy

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I'm waiting for the usual bootlickers to come in and defend this: "well she was breaking the law! She didn't immediately submit to the guy in the jackboots!"

LOL

The fact that this post got 2 stars towards it, proves to me that ATS is now POLICE WATCH..

It's lost it's plot.. I dont come here to get into authority bashing, WE KNOW THE COPS ARE CAPABLE OF STUPIDITY.

*sigh*...

Having spent years occasionally perusing this great website, I think I joined it at the time it fell. Cest la vie.

[edit on 20/9/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
But you guys just want to live by emotion and not look at things from both sides.

I know what stance the police take. I work with them daily.

I once asked a sheriff deputy friend of mine while we were on scene about police tazing children, I had mentioned something about a 7 year old child getting tazed.

His reply was: "Have you ever seen how out of control a 7 year old can get?"

Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't want to stereotype an entire religion but approximately 70% of the state is Mormon and Mormons typically do not question authority (unless it's Rocky Anderson, the controversial, non-Mormon, and soon to be former mayor of Salt Lake City).

Disobeying a cop in Utah is asking for big trouble - they don't get a whole lot of that from the general population and tend to overreact as a result. It's probably a good thing she was not a person of color or this may have ended in tragedy.

Just another reason we call it "living behind the Zion curtain."

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This thread is pretty disturbing. However, some of the posts on here are more disturbing. Some bootlickers here that will be the first to tell you how American they are .

[edit on 20-9-2007 by deadjed]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join