It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing British invention creates MORE energy than you put into it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Their so-called thermal energy cell could soon be fitted into ordinary homes, halving domestic heating bills and making a major contribution towards cutting carbon emissions. Even the makers of the device are at a loss to explain exactly how it works - but sceptical independent scientists carried out their own tests and discovered that the 12in x 2in tube really does produce far more heat energy than the electrical energy put in. We have examined this interesting technology and when we got the rig operating, we were getting 150 to 200 per cent more energy out than we put in, without trying too hard.

link

Is this true over unity or is there something else going on? Are the known laws of physics being violated?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"We don't know how it works, but scientists have examined it and it does".

Ah, ya, right. Sounds like a money grab scheme to me.

Perhaps adding this link to this thread is appropriate?

And this one, note the date.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

wouldn't adding gasoline as a catalist and a match also raise the tempature beyond the electricity used to heat the water?

The catalist thing is important, couldn't this just be a thermal reaction.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
wouldn't adding gasoline as a catalist and a match also raise the tempature beyond the electricity used to heat the water?

A catalyst is a substance that when present enhances a chemical reaction without taking part in the reaction itself. What this means to a layman is that it doesn't get "used up" at all.

Gasoline in the presence of a match would not qualify as a catalyst because just after the reaction (oxidation) you would have energy but no gasoline.

Jon

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thanks for the info.

I must say its disappointing to find out they were trying to peddle this device four years ago.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If they want that device to sell, they need to paint it GREEN.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

Thanks for clarifying that.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Interesting... lets hope it makes it to market. I can think of several very powerful people not interested in this coming out to the public.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Excuse me but isn't that what any power plant or turbine does? They create more energy than you put into it. Thats why they are used.

So explain to me what the big deal is.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

It can be used in the home! I don't think a big turine in everyones house is very practicle do you?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by onthefence81

Of course not. Still a lot of people in this part of the south have back up generators kicking around.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yeh i know what those noisy ulky things are, i would rather have one of those sleak looking tubes that are more efficient and require no gas.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If true, this would change everything
Imagine the scale that this thing could be built to, Nasa, the Army.
Fuel wouldnt be a problem any more.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Exactly! If this device generates more energy than you put in then you could simply put a bunch of these in a power plant boiler and generate free energy from now till the sun stops shining.

But four years without a public demonstration, then they hire someone into conciousneess expanding to do the testing instead of a physicist?

GIVE ME A BREAK! I think I might start my own company promoting a free energy machine. And only because there are people out there stupid enough to believe it!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Read the article closley, potash and secret crystal catalyst. You dont get any more energy out than you put in. The potash and "secret crystal catalyst" are energy inputs Its certainly not "free energy", there is no way around the laws of thermodynamics.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hi
Interesting read i enclose an earlier daily mail article with a household device boasting 90% efficiency. Srange all these inventions are getting a piece of air time now.
an earlier ats thread had other inventions promising cheap energy its like a form of propoganda, what you people think?
thanks

www.thisismoney.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
These are by far not the only people thinking they are getting more than 100% efficiency at heating water... and I for one think they are probably right. There are too many people out there right now that have built something and are as mystified as everyone else as to why they are getting better than 100% efficiency.

And as a side note makeitso posted articles relating to a product that IN NO WAY has been proven to be the same thing being discussed now!! Yes it may bear similarities but that could just be because the first group of people had it down too, or GASP two disparate groups could have ran across the same method! I mean it's not like it's been known to happen or anything (sarcasm intented)

Now I know ATS is about EVERYONE being able to post their opinions but it strikes me that CERTAIN people jump in and post misleading and incomplete information every time an Overunity thread comes up. THAT IS NOT OK!! You have a right to your opinions but if you insist on disparaging every OU thread that comes up please do so with EVEN A SHRED OF INTEGRITY rather than using the same misdirecting and evasion tactics you always ACCUSE the Inventors and markettors of such devices of stooping to.(Yes accuse!! I know some of you get offended because we won't bow to your supposed superior knowledge but that is our right!)

Ok Rant finished... I for one am seeing way too many of Overunity related items that center around heating water to write it all off as bad science... Especially considering some of these cases the companies/people involved have delayed bringing products to market until they figured out what was wrong with their readings to make them get the results they had only to figure out that the results are right and verifiable in a couple of cases.

Bottom Line: Just because as far as we know the laws of physics don't have loopholes doesn't mean jack!! THese discoveries are getting more and more common and eventually they won't be able to be held back anymore. Too many good people have been jailed harassed and driven to financial and mental ruin all for the crime of discovering something Those in the Ivory Towers are mad they didn't figure out first!!

And the real irony is we can, with a straight face, talk about the barbaric times during the inquisition where scholars like galileo were killed because their discoveries didn't fit the DOGMA of the time. Yet we allow the same persecution and ridicule to go on everyday even now.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by roguetechie]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
On the subject of “Big brother suppressing Free energy systems”.

I invented a free energy system using synthetic tornadoes which I partially published here on ATS.

(www.abovetopsecret.com...)

I can contest that nobody has contacted me to either threaten or bribe me in an effort to persuade me to abandon my research. The problem I seem to be having is that I am a nobody and when you're a nobody, nobody listens to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Squirrel,

In response to your post above and your thread on your device I have some information you may find interesting or totally useless, but either way here it is hope it helps as one researcher to another.

When reading your device description it strongly reminded me of the Jim Griggs hydrosonic pump, which is manufactured and sold to large and small companies for various purposes, Even though it has a purported beyond 100% efficiency at converting the energy used to spin the electric motor which converts water into steam. Once warmed up it has more than once registered better than 100% efficiency in btu's of heat created from watts of power running the electric motor. and this is with a basic and relativelly inefficient industrial electric motor powering the pump that it gets better than 100% thermal conversion.

If you are interested in reading more about the technology I have outlined here is a link hydrosonic pump company In addition please feel free to U2U me in the future and I wish you the best in your continuing research.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Excuse me but isn't that what any power plant or turbine does? They create more energy than you put into it. Thats why they are used.

So explain to me what the big deal is.

Our old friend Thermodynamics In short energy can be neither created or destroyed, it simply changes form. So you only get out what you put in, put coal into a power station and you get a proportion of that energy transformed into electricity (the rest is lost through an endless list of reasons)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join