It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to declare Gaza "hostile"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Israel to declare Gaza 'Hostile'

news.bbc.co.uk

Israel is to declare the Gaza Strip a "hostile entity" in response to the continued rocket fire from Palestinian militants, Israeli officials say.

The decision could lead to Israel cutting off vital water, fuel or electricity supplies to the territory.

Palestinians say such a move would constitute collective punishment.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-9-2007 by arclore]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think Gaza and/or Palestina should declare Israel a HOSTILE ENTITY too. Anyway, the only reason for this action is, that by declaring Gaza "hostile", Israel could argue that it is no longer bound by international law. Well, AS IF, it ever was bound to any international law anyways. Yet just another sign of pure genocidal rules of apartheid, which Israel uses to submit and remove Palestinian people from their own land.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Could you please tell me what Israel should do as it's under a constant rocket barrage? Can't you ever, just once, say that Palestinians are doing something wrong? Israel pulled back from Gaza, yet Palestinians continued agressions, why should Israel give supplies to a region thats leaderships is based on the sole priciple of destroying Israel?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Can't you ever, just once, say that Palestinians are doing something wrong? Israel pulled back from Gaza, yet Palestinians continued agressions,

Israel may have pulled back from Gaza, but they are still occupying Palestinian land. More to the point - why shouldn't Palestine continue to fight for it's own land?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by NeuronDivide]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Israel pulled back from Gaza, yet Palestinians continued agressions

Why shouldnt they?
Did the french?

Its their land!

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

To compare the firecrackers fired at Israel by the Palestinians to anything Israel can dish out militarily is laughable...

Gimme a break, pleaseeeee ???

That's like comparing a slingshot and stone to a cruise missile...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Silly me, i tought that agreements meant something... i tought there was some kind of treaty signed by both sides.

But why doesn't anyone of you bunch that allways side with palestinians codemn their attacks aimed directly to civilian targets, yet you scream genocide when IDF hits a guy that carries an AK and a bomb...

And could someone tell me at what point should we start counting the land ownership? 1945? 1800? 0? because if you say that we must move all the borders to the places they were before any wars were fought, world might look funny. Or does this only concern Palestine, because actually it should then be given to either Turks or Egyptians...

Palestine as a national identity was founded after the Israel was set up... so their claim is a bit vague.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Arent both used to kill and if the intention is to kill then the crime is same? Simple isn't it. I'm on no ones side, but i'm getting annoyed at the one sided propaganda that allways praises palestinians and bashes Israel and vice versa depending on the source.

It a mess and as my previous post shows, going back with claims for the land is not a solution. So idiots in that region (political leaders on both sides) should just accept that they either must agree to the conditions prevailing or anhilate the other side... i'm hoping that sometime this century they decide that worthless land (entire region) is not worth this.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Every people deserve a homeland...Israel has done nothing but agressively acquire other peoples lands since its inception...

IMO, the Jews were a religious group only before 1948...For the sake of the rest of the world, they should have had a nation setup somewhere in Europe...

Displacing people that had been there for so long previously was a pathetically stupid mistake by the US/Britain...

The simple reality is, the Palestinians have every right to form a state on the and they currently hold, as well as some the Israeli's have nicked over the last 40 yrs or so...

The simple and easy solution would be to give back gaza and the west bank, and call a truce...I'm sure the Palestinians could be persuaded to accept that..

But no...Israel has to declare the whole of Gaza hostile...Cut off all trade, right of passage, electricity and so on...and as a result, make the lives of hundred's of thousand more innocent people more miserable than it already us..

Yes, I agree with you...Violence is violence, and is to be tolerated only as a last resort...The problem is, the Israeli's have used it as a first resort time and time again...

And as I said, its a matter of degrees....Rocks Vs Cruise missiles, remember ..?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
They need an excuse now that there is no civil war there. First they had the remnants of Fatah to play with, then they had the in-fighting to "police", now they need another reason to shoot children and drive through houses with their tanks.

It makes the constant rocket attacks somewhat more understandable. And for anybody who believes that the Israeli's have a moral high ground at any point, tell that to the thousands of homeless refugees and political prisoners. I'm sure they'll agree.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Subcomandante

Yep, right on the money Sub...

This whole conflict really is a battle between what's right and what's wrong IMO...how could anyone justify hitting people with the best weaponry in the world when they fire quicky mart bought skyrockets in return ?

It defies logic...But more than that...It defies HUMAN decency...

Sad really....I think about the Palestinians in Gaza daily....yet i have no sure fire way to support them financially,,,Because the US and Israel have decided this as a no go

And our pathetic neo-con govt here in AUS (soon to be smashed in a landslide election loss) support this..

Its disgusting...I'm about helping people in dire straits...And for 3 govts in the world to tell me I can't send these people money I earn off my own back makes me sick

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

As they continue to launch rockets into Israel, YES, they are a HOSTILE enemy.

They continuely declare war on Israel-by shooting rockets into another country, and they cry like babies when they are fired "BACK ON".

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I cant believe how ignorant you guys can be. Israel was founded thousands of years ago and it was a Jewish nation. Palestine never was a nation EVER and never will be.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Rockets ??? Care to give me a casualty count ? Even a conservative one will do...Be sure to detail the no injuries, injured and death with that post...

That will enable me to easily demonstrate Israeli overkill when I post you back
results of an Israeli strike within Palestinian territory...with or without pre-emption...

As I've mentioned thru every single post I've made about this subject...To compare Palestinian original attacks or revenges, is like comparing a slingshot to a Cruise missile...

Take a look at the death toll from Israel's incursion into south Lebanon...A soldier or two kidnapped...so Israel bombs the capital back 20 yrs

Bravo Israel !!! What a brave people you are...

Frankly, they lack intestinal fortitude if you ask me...and more importantly, they lack a sense of engaging with the wider world...But more so, they lack a will of righting the wrongs they have done in the region in the last 55 yrs...

Shame indeed

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is just the most recent example of how Gaza has declared war.

At least 69 soldiers sleeping in tents were wounded when the homemade rocket crashed in the dead of night into Zikim base in southern Israel not far from the border with Gaza, an army spokesman and medics said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Link to latest Terrorit attack

I can list example after example of the Palestinian terrorist’s actions.

It is the same every time.

They launch an attack on Israel and Israel responds back.

I know this "may" be a bit much for "some" people to understand, but if they did not act like terrorists and attack other countries, perhaps they would not be attacked “IN RETURN"

Also, if they don't like the attacks from superior fire power, they might consider not acting like terrorits and maybe peace might occur, nah.

[edit on 9/19/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
the jews are only in the position they are in because of U.S. if they were dealing with peopla with the same means im positive it would be a different story,and not only do they take land from them,but they set and block off areas in Palestinian ,all through out. so yea i support the idea of fighting for your land,when you have people that want to reduce you to a street corner... i'd be fighting back too.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Every people deserve a homeland...Israel has done nothing but agressively acquire other peoples lands since its inception...
Except obviously, in your opinion, the Jewish people and Israel.

IMO, the Jews were a religious group only before 1948...For the sake of the rest of the world, they should have had a nation setup somewhere in Europe...

Is it really your contention that there was never a Nation/Kingdom of Israel anywhere in the world? Where ultimately did those European Jews originate from? Give me a general area of the world of where the first migrating Jews came from. They did come from somewhere in your world right? What about the native Europeans being subjected and displaced by an agreement forced on them by outside powers? Perhaps they can form the Belgium Liberation Organization to regain their "homeland". Nice double standard you have there.

The simple reality is, the Palestinians have every right to form a state on the and they currently hold, as well as some the Israeli's have nicked over the last 40 yrs or so...

And the Israeli's have just as much right to form a State in the region according to the UN, perhaps you would like to nullify the UN partition of Palestine.

The simple and easy solution would be to give back gaza and the west bank, and call a truce...I'm sure the Palestinians could be persuaded to accept that..

WOW! What a great idea, why hasn't anyone else thought of it. See what happened in 1948. Oh wait, they have, and Palestinian groups have decided that that was not enough. Hamas for example, has stated in it's charter that it's ultimate goal is to liberate ALL of Palestine, which encompasses present day Israel as well.
In fact, Israel has given up Gaza and look what it's got them.
So your great plan is messed up by Palestinian unwillingness to allow Israel to exist peacefully within safe and secure recognized borders.

Maybe you can go over there and convince Hamas to recognize Israel and promise to uphold all previous agreements between Israel and the Palestinians. Good luck on that one.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So people are caliming that it's ok to fight for the land lost in wars, So you all would support me if i started shooting random russian tourists around here as my families home was left to the russian side of the border at '45. and is by your logic illegally occupied? So it's now ok for me to blow up tourist busses?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It amazes me, the ignorance some people portrait. Side with the Palestinians because their attacks are not lethal, yet that is not the definition of terrorism. Try living in a town where rockets fall from the sky, never knowing where they will land. Thats terrorism. It warrants RETALIATION. Which is what will happen. Then the liberals on this site will come screaming "oh those evil joos!" .. and we will be having the same discussion.

Israel does not prevent free Palestine, Palestinian actions prevent a free Palestine. They just need to accept Israel is here to stay, and they will never defeat them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join