It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabin Killer Wants to Marry: Israelis Furious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I just ran across this story in Britain's Independent. Yigal Amir - the man who killed Yitzhak Rabin in '95 - has gotten engaged to be married and Israeli leaders are furious over it. Sharon wants to pass a law forbidding it. According to the article, Palenstinians held in Israel have been allowed to marry. Should Amir have the same right?

Israel reacts with fury after Rabin's killer reveals his marriage plans
By Justin Huggler in Jerusalem
20 January 2004

Israelis reacted with shock and anger yesterday to the news that the man who murdered the former Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin in 1995 was engaged to be married.

[url=][url=http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story =482906]

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Israelis ought to force him to marry a three hundred pound sloth! Are you kidding me. He deserves the death penalty. Let him marry in the afterlife!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ah, but Israel does not have the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well then. Maybe he should die of a sudden heart attack - Mossad Style Baby!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Who would want to marry this guy? I guess to some he is a hero.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

That can be changed in exceptional circumstances, remember the mossad tracked down Adolf Eichmann and brought him back to Israel.

After World War II, Eichmann was captured by US troops. However, in 1946 he managed to escape from a prison camp. After many travels (mainly in Italy and the Middle East) he settled in Argentina in 1950, under the name of Ricardo Klement, and brought his family to the country soon afterwards. Kidnapped by Peter Malkin of the Mossad (Israeli secret service) on May 11, 1960 and flown to Israel as part of a covert operation, he faced trial in front of an Israeli court in Jerusalem starting on February 11, 1961. He was indicted on 15 criminal charges, including charges of crimes against humanity, crimes against the Jewish people, and membership in an outlaw organization.

The trial caused huge international controversy as well as an international sensation. The Israeli government deliberately fueled the sensation by allowing news programs all over the world to broadcast the trial live without any restrictions. TV viewers saw a nondescript man sitting in a bulletproof glass booth while witnesses, including many Holocaust survivors, were testifying against him and his role in transporting victims to the extermination camps. The horrible descriptions of Nazi atrocities that often accompanied the testimony forced the entire world to face the reality of the Holocaust and the evils of Nazi rule. During the whole trial, Eichmann insisted that he was only "following orders".

Convicted on all counts, Eichmann was sentenced to death (the only civil death penalty ever carried out in Israel) on December 2, 1961 and was hanged on May 31, 1962 at Ramleh prison.

They could do the same to him

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Who would want to marry this guy? I guess to some he is a hero.

She's an immigre' from the Soviet Union. She came to Israel with her then husband. She started writing him in prison. Then she visited him. Then she got divorced. The article says that the divorce had nothing to do with Amir. It's kinda weird, that's for sure.

"Honey, I'm going down to the prison to visit that guy who murdered the leader of Israel."

"Ok, sweetie, be careful. And tell him I said 'hi.'"

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Some people will do anything to get attention!

Oh well, murderers are like anyone else, they are okay most of the time I guess.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

In the article it says that they can make the law but that it would probably be overturned.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Some people will do anything to get attention!

Oh well, murderers are like anyone else, they are okay most of the time I guess.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well then. Maybe he should die of a sudden heart attack - Mossad Style Baby!

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.....

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why havn't they done that yet? Is it because it's true about a conspiracy involving who put him up to it? (Ultra right-wing) Has anyone heard that one? I wonder....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yitzhak Rabin was killed by the Mossad becuase he wanted to create REAL peace between the jews and arabs

top topics

join