It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter and the Illuminati symbology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The wizarding world in the Harry Potter series DOES keep itself under wraps. The wizarding world makes sure that it doesn't let the muggles know about them. I personally believe that JKR implies that the wizarding world would be corrupted by muggle interferance. In the Ministry of Magic there are offices directly dealing with making sure muggles aren't aware of the dealings inside the magic world. (The use of anti-memory charms by Ministry officials is thought of as commonplace by most Wizards and Witches.)

As far as Voldemort being compared to the US Government? C'mon. For all the despot leaders in the World's history, you come up with the US Gov?
I see more NAZIism than Americanism. Pol Pot maybe. Kim Il Jong. But the US?
Nah, that's a whole different set of books my friend.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

That was sort of my initial comment, I was thinking that the idea of a secret society of people who were elite, I got the blood line part wrong though.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've read the books. Very good reads.

It's sort of like, if you know what to look for, the symbology is there and BLAZING at you.

If you don't, well it's still a good, interesting thought provoking novel for the ages.

Personally, I think that JK did a crapload of research when writing these books.

I might even subscribe to the notion that maybe this series of novels are not written by just one person alone.

I think it's a Tavistock creation myself. Just like all other entertainment that becomes MEGA successful overnight.

Who knows...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Rowling takes influence from the world around us, so I'm sure she knew the Illuminati iconography and how it would fit into Harry Potter.

She probably saw the symbol, thought it looked interesting and used it.

I have also noticed the NWO and Anti NWO significance in the HP books. Have you ever noticed that the Muggles of HP are very similar to the Sheeple of the real world. How the the good wizards are fighting the bad wizards. Are similar to all the people who are aware of what is going on. The good wizards such as HP, RW, HG are symbolizing the Anti-NWO Resistance. While the bad wizards are symbolizing the Elitist. The elitist similar to writings of David Icke.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

remember the books are fiction, and I am sure she knew what she was doing because she wrote in such a way that the terms and symbols could not be misused. JK Rawlings is an excellent author and did an enourmous amount of research even if she may or may not be a practitioner of magic. I see no connection between the Potter Books and the Illuminati at all

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
ok so this is a 2 year necro bump from the dead, but the subject remains valid. I've read all the HP books and watched all the movies but the newest one. I've been a subscriber to the official HP warnerbros website since it opened and have browsed every email from them. For the past month they have been selling HP merchandise and I immediately noticed the Deathly Hallows necklace they were selling to look an awful lot like the Illuminati eye. Sure people say, "but circles, triangles and lines are just basic primary symbols" but the new merchandise has changed the "wand", aka the "eye" line to be FAT in the middle (no explanation for this, the wand is not fat in the book or movie) and it just looks all the more like an eye pupil. Now they are selling Deathly Hallow T-shirts, they seem to be a lot more popular than the necklace as I've received two emails now with the T-shirt. I posted a review on the necklace when I first saw it a month ago, pointing out the similarity to the Illuminati eye, but it was deleted. Here's the links to the products:

www.wbshop.com...
www.wbshop.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

The original title of the books is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone . It was published as sorcerer's stone in the US for the US audience.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

So nice and refreshing to see someone using objectivity and logic on the board!

:applause:

I gave you a star.... :-)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Star Angel

Ohh the power of the human mind eh?

I wonder when people will stop puting 1 and 3 together and claiming it equals 5.

I doubt the JK Rowling is part of some grand conspiracy to intergect Illuminity symbolism into a children's story.

What about the lord of the rings? Sauron is a reference to a GIANT Reptilitan Overloard isn't it? Isnt' the ring just a metaphor for the monetary system?

Yup, I can grasp at straws too.

You know what people like Lady Gaga, JK Rowling and any other celebrity who is slapped as a NWO/Illuminaty puppet think? They think " Free Publicity".

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Way to go, replying to a person who hasn't logged in in over 3 years, in fact, hasn't been on ATS since the day they authored this thread! Don't hold your breath for a response from them...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

edit on 07/12/2010 by CyberCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Lightning bolt. Can't forget the lightning bolt. Very important feature in the HP franchise is his lightning-bolt scar...symbolic of the "Mark of the Beast"? Anyway, the lightning bolt is a very powerful image of the illuminati, most-often used when streaking through the eye.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Pretty sure JKR and the production team, just took what ever symbolism they could find, that looked "magic"
Havent read the books, watched a couple of the movies with my kids, didn't see anything that made my eyes pop out!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
By the way All Seeing Eye was never illuminati symbol but was and still is freemasons symbol. Few cultures and religions used this symbol as well.

As for the book I think it's great although movie was better.

Peace!!!
edit on 18-12-2010 by AssassinsCreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Pfft you think this is bad? Try finding references to Crowley in one of your favorite books. This totally ruined The Neverending Story for me. I discovered that the insciption on the back of AURYN (already a weird ouroborous symbol of a gold and black serpent devouring eachothers tales) which is 'Do what you wish", but in the original German is: "Tu, was du willst". This is half of the Thelemic law: "Do what thou willst shall be the whole of law". This is ok by itself because Michael Ende bashes Crowley in a letter to one of his friends, but then there's another bit that bothers me. SPOILERS When Bastian has to name the Childlike Empress to save Fantastica he names her Moon-Child. This is the being Crowley was trying to create via sexual magick later in his life. The gravity of this requires a bit of understanding of Crowley. Crowley altered his name for the express purpose of giving it the numerological value of 666. This along with a plethora of disturbing practices gives one the impression that Crowley wanted to be the Anti-Christ. His later obsession with Horus "The Crowned and Conquering Child" (often associated with the Anti-Christ) gives the impression that he realized he was not 'the Beast' but could bring it into the world. This points to his obsession with creating the Moon-Child. *shudders* I loved that book as a kid, finding this stuff is devastating

edit on 18-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

look the lady came from nothing.....do you really think she knew about all this stuff i would say sub conscious mind crossed with coincidence

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok, i know this thread is old but i have some observations.

As we know, the books were heavily publicised and hailed as a saviour, getting children into reading, and then the film contract to follow, with ITS heavy promotion. I have read and re-read the books, which i dont consider very well written but the plot ensnares me.

summary

There is an 'evil' that braught destruction, mistrust and darkness over the comminity (Voldemort)
He was vanquished and went into hiding for years, growing stronger with a larger network of people under him.
He later appeared, hidden behind other people(death eaters) but once again spreading fear and death throughout the (magic) community.

Harry and the members of a secret soceity called the order of the phoenix all know that this evil is back, and all know that the corruption is everywhere, namely the ministry of magic. The evil, Lord Voldemort, had people in every service, he had infiltrated the Ministry, and it was doing his bidding, with a front of it being the already exhisting beneficial Ministry. Harry and members of the Order know of this and take measures, to go 'off-grid'. At Hogwarts, one of Voldemorts shills, 'Professor Umbridge' takes over, and slowly twists it to the agenda of those with more power than her. The Ministry begins ruling by decree, which is a well known act of a hemorhagging government.

Obama has coincidentaly just started ordering by decree. If you read the books, you can read much itno what has been happening in the states lately.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Also there is a lot of subliminal symbols, imagery, and messages present in every single one of the movies. It is a very obvious yet effective vehicle to spread the agenda of those in charge of such things as spreading agendas.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love the Harry Potter series!

Has anyone thought that maybe it is possible that JKR simply researched all these topics? I mean, Dan Brown did it. Why couldn't she?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Voldemort, not to be named.
Buy order of the elite.
How silly is that.
Or how sane and real of the Illuminati to avoid reference to the man
that can mean their downfall in the real world as Tesla could.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join