It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which makes more sense evolution or bibles teachings.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well todays discussion is "Which makes more sense evolution or bibles teachings"
Evolution teaches man has had many physical and mental changes due to adaption to the environment.

en.wikipedia.org...
While the bible teaches us that god had created everything 7 days.
Which makes more sense, ask your self.
I am sorry that I could not provide more information on evolution or the bible teaches because it would be about 7000 words but if you click the link provided you will find all the information you need.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincebaby
Well todays discussion is "Which makes more sense evolution or bibles teachings"
Evolution teaches man has had many physical and mental changes due to adaption to the environment.

en.wikipedia.org...
While the bible teaches us that god had created everything 7 days.
Which makes more sense, ask your self.
I am sorry that I could not provide more information on evolution or the bible teaches because it would be about 7000 words but if you click the link provided you will find all the information you need.

Actually evolution was in the bible- first..long before Darwin. reread it carefully.. the animals that first developed by merging out of the sea...the very first lesson for creation in "evoloution" it just wasn't applied to man in the bible. Also continental drift was also in the bible thousands of years before science discovered it.

the flaw isn't the answer.. its the parameters of your question.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ok, got got me on continental drift.
But creatures crawling out from the sea could have been amphibious animals.
I do not believe the bible stats that man was created by single celled organisms.
But wait, wasn't Eve created by one of Adams ribs.
Also there is no record of any person being successfully asexual.
If Adam was asexual well then we would be clones and only one skin color. But wait mutations another little factor of evolution.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Simple.

The bible, for all its intents and purposes, is just a book.

If there's anything history teach us, its never ever to trust a single books account on anything because its always biased one way or another, or incomplete. Hell, books from the 1990's can have just plain *wrong* information in them today. What about a book that's over 2000 years old

Evolution however, is something that's been covered by thousands of books over the past like 200 years, we can even go out today and find evidence for it in relativly new species.

IMO its easy to see what makes more sense. Ironically, between evolution and the bible, evolution is probably the only one of them we *could* challenge in the future.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by merka]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Simple.

The bible, for all its intents and purposes, is just a book.

If there's anything history teach us, its never ever to trust a single books account on anything because its always biased one way or another, or incomplete. Hell, books from the 1990's can have just plain *wrong* information in them today. What about a book that's over 2000 years old

Evolution however, is something that's been covered by thousands of books over the past like 200 years, we can even go out today and find evidence for it in relativly new species.

IMO its easy to see what makes more sense. Ironically, between evolution and the bible, evolution is probably the only one of them we *could* challenge in the future.

I disagree. the bible is not just a book. it's a history book. not fiction. it's a biography of a man that lived 200 years ago and it's very historical and accurate. so if you like history you should read the bible. because that's what it is, historical..don't look at it as a religious book, because it was never intended to be religious..they were only describing events and places that took place back there. so the bible is like a newspaper. it was gathered and put together. there is no way the bible is made up. people didn't make stuff up like that..everything in the bible can be traced to a real event, a place a time and a location.

on topic. I believe in the creation from the bible. I took numerous archeology and anthropology courses and it's all rubbish.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

the bible is not just a book. it's a history book. not fiction.

Which makes little difference :/
History books in particular are quite biased from the perspective of the person writing said history. We see this all the time, one writer says one thing, another says another. What's the truth? Sometimes we never find out. Sometimes we find a yet another account saying something different than all the others.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
When dark spiritual forces try and rip my soul asunder, and Jesus gives me the strength and faith to prevail I say the bible.

When doing a dig at a 4000 year old site and matching history I say Darwin.

They have different purposes and are not, in my view, mutually exclusive.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Think in detail about how unbelievably complex the human body is. How muscle tissue connects to bone, controlled by minute electric currents from the unbelievably complex nervous control centre, the brain. Think about how oxygen is absorbed through the lungs, and food and liquid through the digestive system into the bloodstream to feed the cells which are capable of regenerating to repair the body. How the body excretes waste, how it cools itself down through sweat. How hair grows for insulation. The immune system.
Then the senses. Touch, sight, taste, hearing, smell. Absolutely facinating. More complicated then any machine, regardless of technology.
Now times the facination factor by two. Male and female. Capable of reproducing each other.
Oh, and don't forget the other mammals. And birds, reptiles and insects and so on.
Now go scuba diving into the "real earth". Fish, crustacean and jellyfish and the like.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is NO accident.
Charles Darwin? Didn't he renounce his own pathetic theory of evolution shortly before his death? Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot there's a certain group of people who don't want you to know that...
Planet Earth is one big genetic experiment from an advanced technology. (They also don't want you to know that either, Ladies and gentlemen - I present Charles Darwin!)
This is my personal opinion and nothing else. I have no "proof". Please don't respond with "but the government says...", all you are implying is that they never tell lies.

As for it all happening in 7 days? I'd buy it. Whatever is responsible for such an unbelievable achievement could quite well be capable of it...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I belive in a creator (as some of you have read my OOBE story) and He said that he created everything by releasing the "Creation Energy" into space in a matter of a day. Of course, there where the creator lives, there is no time..So i'm just trying to put it in perspective. But I believe that he didn't even create the earth in 7 days. He did it all in ONE day!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think the chances of us being a extra terrestrial experiment are pretty large. Its why we have alien statues, paintings and cave drawings throughout our entire history. They created us, and they sometimes step in to teach us how to evolve in new directions.

Hopefully all the rumors of "first contact" sometime before 2012 is true, that would be awesome. It gives me more hope than any God is capable of.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hmm

What would make more sense is an explanation to this.

Whats this subject got to do with Aliens and UFO's?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Dunno with the title of the thread but I think they have a lot of explaining to do!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hmm

What would make more sense is an explanation to this.

I second that motion , btw the bible makes more sense to me

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
science is right to a degree. but not 100%. there are certain things Science can't explain. like why do people die? why do people age? Where do we come from?

So, religion is right, because it answers those questions that Science can't.

and I like looking for answers everywhere I can.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Is this one of those trick questions? What do I get if I get it right?

Science... with empirically tested thesis and high standards of proof.... no no no... ahh the Bible written 3,000 years ago composed of myth and metaphor with no standards or thesis... just faith.... noo thats not right either.... Do I get another choice?

(closes eyes, and randomly picks) SCIENCE!!! Yippie!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Let me ask you a question.

Can science prove that the bible is fiction? Can science prove that the bible is made up of lies? and can science prove that there was no Jesus?Can science prove that the bible is NOT historic?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Long time reader, first time poster!

Originally posted by jedimiller

I disagree. the bible is not just a book. it's a history book. not fiction. it's a biography of a man that lived 200 years ago and it's very historical and accurate.

I'll assume you meant to say a man that lived 2000 years ago and not 200! I think we'd have a better understanding of JC if he'd been around in the year 1807

so if you like history you should read the bible. because that's what it is, historical..don't look at it as a religious book, because it was never intended to be religious..they were only describing events and places that took place back there. so the bible is like a newspaper. it was gathered and put together. there is no way the bible is made up. people didn't make stuff up like that..everything in the bible can be traced to a real event, a place a time and a location.

I'm somewhat curious as to what other sources you can provide that will help us trace the events to a particular time and place. I'd imagine that in order to make a statement like that you'd have to provide some kind of independent confirmation of said time and place.

on topic. I believe in the creation from the bible. I took numerous archeology and anthropology courses and it's all rubbish.

I like to think I have faith. I don't practice any kind of religion but it's nice to think that everything isn't just arbitrary and that we're only here due to the right conditions being present. I find it hard to keep those same faiths with the evidence we see around us. To claim a belief in an entity that we cannot see, feel or hear compared to finding tools used many thousands of years ago or to dispute the fossil record as it shows man progressing through each stage of evolution is rather careless.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I never said the Bible was lies... I said it was composed of myths and metaphors... a totally different thing. As for proving Jesus ever lived... the Bible can't even do that. We assume or have faith that he did but as for empirical proof... no neither can... hence it is a matter of faith and beyond the ken of science.

As for proving the Bible wrong? It depends on what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Both Science and the Bible are wrong.
The thing I truely thank 'god' for is that, we only have a few more years left unitl this is all proven both ways.
Can we move along now folks.
I think I can see a UFO Landing nearby...................

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join